Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Buddy was showing me a gun magazine the other day and they were talking about a new Sig 322 that has a 20 something round magazine. Looked like a nice pistol and has a suggested retail of less than $400 (according to the magazine)
Any of y'all have one or seen one? what do you think about it?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There's a guy over on a 1911 forum that has one, he's pretty fond of it right now (it's still new, so the fondness hasn't worn off yet). It's on page two of this thread. Granted, it's still pretty new, but it seems to be working well enough. I have zero personal experience with them, I can't even recall seeing one anywhere yet. I have an SR-22 and an M&P Compact .22 that I like, but the SIG wasn't available when I got those two.

https://www.1911forum.com/threads/the-one-pistol-you-cant-put-down-at-the-range.1046102/unread

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Sig's quality control is such that I would be personally very wary. Sig used to be right at the top of the game and considered world class. That was prior to Ron Cohen taking helm as CEO. He then began to do to Sig what he did to Kimber when he was there. Essentially the quality control went right out the window. Kimber, when they first started caught the rest of the big manufacturers with their pants down and forced them to completely change the way they sent products out.

Kimber was shipping a product out that was ready to go into a holster, ready to go to work. Colt, S. Armory, etc, had to catch up, as they were still sending products out that you had to buy, then send to a gunsmith for a bunch of work to equal what the upstart Kimber was making right out of the chute.

Then enter Ron Cohen. He ran Kimber into the ground. He completely destroyed their reputation, cutting quality control, final inspections, etc, replacing them with never ending variations and tons of advertisements. Problem was he cut corners everywhere and the guns began to fail left and right, all for the sake of the bottom line. Now a lot of people who are knowledgeable in the 1911 world don't trust the Kimber brand other than to use the frame slide and barrel as a basis for a custom build.

After he ran Kimber into the ground, he went to Sig USA and began to do the same thing. Before long, a company that was once known for stellar/typical German firearm manufacturing and performance began to suffer due to the fact that Cohen cut out quality control and final inspections (dejavu). But Hey you could get a Sig in rainbow colors now. Too bad it would not run..

The punchline is, be very careful when considering a purchase of a new Sig.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the “Mosquito” and I could throw rocks more accurately. It was a major disappointment. Money shouldn’t matter, but a $400.00 semi auto doesn’t sound like a good gun…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Sig's quality control is such that I would be personally very wary. Sig used to be right at the top of the game and considered world class. That was prior to Ron Cohen taking helm as CEO. He then began to do to Sig what he did to Kimber when he was there. Essentially the quality control went right out the window. Kimber, when they first started caught the rest of the big manufacturers with their pants down and forced them to completely change the way they sent products out.

Kimber was shipping a product out that was ready to go into a holster, ready to go to work. Colt, S. Armory, etc, had to catch up, as they were still sending products out that you had to buy, then send to a gunsmith for a bunch of work to equal what the upstart Kimber was making right out of the chute.

Then enter Ron Cohen. He ran Kimber into the ground. He completely destroyed their reputation, cutting quality control, final inspections, etc, replacing them with never ending variations and tons of advertisements. Problem was he cut corners everywhere and the guns began to fail left and right, all for the sake of the bottom line. Now a lot of people who are knowledgeable in the 1911 world don't trust the Kimber brand other than to use the frame slide and barrel as a basis for a custom build.

After he ran Kimber into the ground, he went to Sig USA and began to do the same thing. Before long, a company that was once known for stellar/typical German firearm manufacturing and performance began to suffer due to the fact that Cohen cut out quality control and final inspections (dejavu). But Hey you could get a Sig in rainbow colors now. Too bad it would not run..

NOW you tell me and I just bought a 365XL last month (but so far so good)

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

Interesting - I was about to ask when the decline in Sig's quality control started being an issue, but decided to Google it instead. Looks like 2004 is when Ron Cohen joined Sig - I have 3 Sig pistols and all were purchased after 2004 frown

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
JGray,

As long as they run, then no worries. It can be a hit or miss proposition, just like Kimber. If you have a solid gun and it is very reliable, then you really have nothing to worry about my Friend. smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I've not had any issues, but haven't put lots of rounds through them either. A 320 X Compact came with a dead tritium front night sight that they replaced, but other than that - good so far.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I bought a new mosquito, years ago. Only gun I can recall taking back to the dealer. Many failures to fire.

P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to know for sure. I did not know Sig had cut their quality and was having issues.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had one of those very early Kimber 1911's. A 5" steel frame .45 that was a great handgun. Two Kimber 1911's I owned later were so bad that I never bought another Kimber product and wouldn't consider one now. I owned a Sig P220 and a P226 that were fantastic pistols. The 365 I had wasn't worth the trouble of sending it back to Sig more than two times before my gunshop took it back in trade for a S&W M&P that has been flawless. It's a shame really when a company drives their reputation into the garbage for a short term profit.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pullit
Buddy was showing me a gun magazine the other day and they were talking about a new Sig 322 that has a 20 something round magazine. Looked like a nice pistol and has a suggested retail of less than $400 (according to the magazine)
Due to the high capacity and the threaded barrel, I would expect this gun to become the Hitman's weapon of choice!
Y'all realized that Hitmen use .22LR, right?

Last edited by mrmarklin; 08/16/22.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Sig p322 is very sensitive to correctly loading the magazines. Mine sometimes fails to load the 3rd round in the mag and I've had more than a few misfires most of those rds went off if tried again in the Sig or another rimfire. Further investigation showed a build up of crud (powder residue and bullet lube) on the bolt & barrel face as well as in the firing pin hole in the bolt, once cleaned out much less misfires. I am sure the fouling is from the Fed Automatch I've been shooting the Super X 40 gr plated stuff has no.lube on it but gave misfires. I will try the super X again now the bolt is clean. When it works it's fabulous but the reliability of mine right now is dubious. What Mac S said makes alot of sense to me...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 08/16/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My 365 was really good at first but the fire control unit moved inside the frame 1/16” of an inch when pulling the trigger. Sig said replace the frame, did it, same situation in a 100 rounds. As much as I liked Sigs no more new models for me.

The 210 has been great but they do have an issue with the guide rod end popping off on some pistols. Sig won’t recognize the problem but it could be easily resolved with a minor manufacturing change.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
... talking about a new Sig 322 ... Looked like a nice pistol ...

Thank you for posting:

I'm no big Sig fan but do have a Sig P210 Target 9mm and a recent Sig 320 AXG Classic 9MM.
I've mostly liked CZ's, Berettas, Walthers, et al.

Also - I am NOT taking issue with any nay-sayers here and respect all opinions.

But, your post got me curious, and going on-line I found that the Sig 322 lr
is very similar to my Sig 320 9mm - in size, weight, etc.

I have read reviews on gun forums, and reviews from gun writers for decades - and make up my own mind.

As long as you're interested in the Sig 322 read This Gun Review - It covers just about everything
and all the features of the Sig P322. Which only made me want it more...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-sig-sauer-p322-22lr-rimfire-pistol/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JB in SC
My 365 was really good at first but the fire control unit moved inside the frame 1/16” of an inch when pulling the trigger. Sig said replace the frame, did it, same situation in a 100 rounds. As much as I liked Sigs no more new models for me.

The 210 has been great but they do have an issue with the guide rod end popping off on some pistols. Sig won’t recognize the problem but it could be easily resolved with a minor manufacturing change.
I

Sig is not the company for the guys that have to buy the newest/latest/bestest thing their buddies brag about or they see
in a Gun Rag.

For a long time now (per Mackay) customer beta testing has
been their MO. Wait untill any of their products have been around a year or so, read reviews then. Be very careful to ignore the "just bought this wonderful xxx and I love it". Those are worthless.

Early 365s weren't ready for prime time.
About 2 years of pissed off customers, and they seem to
have it figured out.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Dang. I’ve been trying to understand all the 365 variations wrote deciding which one to buy…

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looked like a nice pistol and has a suggested retail of less than $400 (according to the magazine)

I'll most likely buy one at some point. I also read the 'less than $400' so I arbitrarily set a price of $430. The cheapest I have seen one is $479 and even that was fleeting. I'm subscribed to all the usual suspects that are supposed to let me know when they have stock, but nothing so far. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has/had an LEO-only for $399, but I don't qualify.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
P
pullit Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have now seen one in person, and to me they feel very S&W, M&P like as far as the grip (which I like). I am not a big fan of the safety, but can get past that. The article I read on the gun said it should retail for less than $400. I don't know when it was written, but I have yet to see anyone selling them for less than $400, most have been around $450 or more. I have not seen (but really have not looked really hard either) any magazines for them either. To me that is one reason I will hold off until they hit the market. I bought a S&W M&P Shield Plus and it was about a year or more before you could buy extra mag's for it. I hope to not fall into that trap again.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The p322 comes with a loading device for the mags, you slide it over the top and pull it down with your fingers just enough to insert 1 rd and repeat. Any other way they will not stack correctly just like shown in the Dan Zimmerman video. Both of the original mags I received with my p322 IMHO are defective ,when you load them with the factory tool the width of the mag expands unloaded they are .610" and loaded at .630" they don't slide easily thru the loading tool either. More importantly neither of them feeds reliably . I didn't determine the problem until I bought a new extra 20 rd mag. And loaded it, no sticky spot on the new one as it isn't bulging like the originals. Just ran those 20 rds without a problem. Will do some more shooting with the new mag and post reliability of it. Haven't seen any other posts about this issue but I can't believe I am the only one with this problem. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 08/21/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

634 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,032 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,255
Posts18,448,109
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.