Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
PatB Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Time to replace that is! Have a Tempurpedic that's 15+ years old and has wallowed out spots..

What are the favorite choices now?

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Purple

Long live the NRA
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Tempurepedic breeze lux is the gold standard. Best combination of comfort and temprature control

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I have a Purple. Would recommend.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mattresses are funny things; or at least the way that we perceive them is funny. Everyone shrinks away in revulsion from a used mattress, yet we will pay hundreds of dollars to sleep for a night on one that has been used by many different people.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have had many mattresses in my life and Avacado is thee best I’ve ever had or slept on. It is firm in fact it was a bit too firm, but a cheap 3” foam topper from Walmart really made it plush and firm at the same time. I highly recommend it. https://www.usnews.com/360-reviews/sleep/mattress/avocado

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have 2 Sleep Number beds now.
I do not think that I will ever go back to a regular style bed.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A Sleep Number never gets sags or soft spots.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A Sleep Number never gets sags or soft spots.

My 1st one is over 15 years old and was getting a bit worn.

We purchased a new one and took the old one to my place in Arizona.
I installed a new Egg Crate foam pad in the old one and it is as good as new now.

The new one we got a half split bed so that we can raise and lower our individual sides interdependently if we choose to we also got the heating and cooling function as well and in the winter the heating is great.

There is are several models to choose from and we took the middle ground and have been very satisfied with our Choices

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well hell, I thought Kum-hola was starting to campaign for 2024.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought a Novaform 14" memory foam mattress at Costco for $599. I don't think anyone will claim its the best but my wife and I are very happy with it. We've had it for about 6 months and we sleep great on it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, I thought the thread was titled "Mistress Time"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pat B: I posted this about a year ago and thought it might be of interest to you:

I recently purchased a Beauty Rest Black X Hybrid Plush to replace my old POS worn-out mattress. It was rather expensive, but I am sleeping better and it has helped my back tremendously

I conducted a great deal of research.

I'm sure many of these mail-order mattress in a box companies have good to excellent mattresses, the problem is that you're unable to try them before you pull the trigger, and I decided I didn't want to gamble on that.

I had specific requirements for a mattress/bed, since I have problems sleeping and I have a bad back - dead disc and a bone spur. I wanted a mattress that was cool since I sleep rather hot, good for side & back sleepers, had an edge that was substantial, was soft enough to allow pressure point relief (shoulder, hips & my hog) to sink in for proper spine alignment, but that was firm enough at the same time. With the Beauty Rest Black X Hybrid Plush I mentioned earlier in the thread, they achieve this by using different grades and layers of cooling foam and they use a special "T3" pocketed coil, which is 3 wires wrapped into one for a more substantial, longer lasting support. Whereas my old, worn out mattress heated me up at night and caused me to wake up repeatedly during the night, sweating, the Black X Hybrid has a cooling cover with silver woven into it and I can attest that coupled with the cooling foam, it does indeed work to keep me cool at night.

It's difficult to explain, but the mattress is soft enough to allow my shoulders and hips to sink in for pressure relief but is also firm enough underneath to support me and my spine. As an example, on my old mattress, if I laid down on my back, it would begin to hurt within just a few minutes and getting up was always painful - especially in the AM. That problem is now gone with the Black X Hybrid. I no longer toss and turn all night, waking up every 30-45 minutes as I used to. Now, I only wake up once or twice, my back pain is greatly alleviated and I awaken a helluva' lot more refreshed than I used to.

All in all, I'm pretty danged happy with the Beauty Rest Black X Hybrid Plush and, for what my opinion is worth, I highly recommend it.

gemcat, who has extensive industry experience, responded:

Originally Posted by gremcat
HN, it’s a “hammock” style cover on the BRB Hybrids. I’ve posted at length being in the industry so won’t regurgitate again. I work in design, sourcing, and manufacturing. I have 6 of the top of the line mattresses in my house, some prototypes never released. The BRB Hybrid in 2 Twin XLs with spilt adjustable bases is as good as it gets. The reason you sink them still feel support is the micro coil technology under the top layers of foam. They also use a stranded pocketed coil vs. a single wire pocketed coil. Getting two TXLs allows you to get a separate firmness from your spouse while still using a king size comforter. Obviously you’ll want dedicated fitted sheets if you get the split adjustment base.

Big Lots is starting to look at slightly higher end beds. Many of the low to mid priced are all foam or Open Coil. I’m an insomniac with a very damaged leg and two disc hernia toons in my back. I’d take a BRB Hybrid over anything offered by any brand currently. I also am more large/muscular framed so having to side sleep leaves my shoulder/neck sore but a bed soft enough to correct that leaves my back sore. There are some new technologies coming out but for current availability the BRB Hybrid is the one to consider. I personally skip Sleep Number or Tempur but won’t really elaborate beyond that.

Bb, consider a split adjustable base. I had to sleep in a recliner for months after a bad accident. An adjustable base with the head adjusted a little and foot adjusted up slightly lower than the head or flat will sort of encourage or force you to side sleep.

Many/All mattresses right now have extended lead times. Foam is a difficult commodity to get with a few major incidents this year constraining supply.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've always gone with a top of the line Beauty Rest and never been disappointed. 17 years on the current one and it's still fine.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a Sleep Number, it leaked from Day One, then the pump died. They suck, over-priced gimmick.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I had a Sleep Number, it leaked from Day One, then the pump died. They suck, over-priced gimmick.
Ours is 13 years old, never a leak, and the pumps works fine. Of course once you find your comfort level, the pump gets almost no use at all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Ours is 13 years old, never a leak, and the pumps works fine. Of course once you find your comfort level, the pump gets almost no use at all.

We had one from way back[before #'s], it was still working great when the wife decided she no longer cared for it several years back.
Used it for maybe 20 years.
Since then we've had 4 different mattress' covering the whole gambit from springs to memory foam to hybrids and she likes none of them.
Damn how I wish I would have just said no[outloud].

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I had to run the pump every night to keep the damned thing aired up or it was like sleeping in a hammock.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Saavata

I got their classic mattress - all good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our Sleep Number is about 14 years old.
It needs some help with the foam and the outer part.
Not sure if I'll fix or replace.
One or the other, hate sleeping anywhere but home since we got it.
A couple nice hotels have had decent beds.
None matched the Sleep Number.

No idea about all the foam mattress'

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 62 invisible), 2,389 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,664
Posts18,455,763
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.