Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone using these?

Seems the OAL in the CTR is perfect for long bullets.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Not a CTR, but the 20" 1:8 compact T3 version. Shoots both 40gr varmint and 69gr SMK at .5"

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Anyone using these?

Beretzs has one, I believe. I think he said he loves it, and he's not really a Tikka fan boy. I have 2 CTR's, but not in the 223 rem. That one would be damn fun to play around with. I do like the CTR mags though, good stuff for sure. The standard plastic magazines for the lite and superlite are no comparison..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have one in 223 but, embarrassingly, haven't had it out yet. I'll break it in next month when I'm home.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Anyone using these?

A few people are and you are correct about the oal. I have the regular 223 but I put it in a ctr stock because I like it and for the ctr magazine. Works well.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve got one. Love the little rifle. Easy to shoot, feeds from the mag slick as heck and just doesn’t seem fussy with anything I’ve shot in it. Mostly gets 77 TMK’s and LVR though. Next best thing in my book to a great 22LR for plain old fun shooting.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Throat geometry,RPM and COAL jive nicely,which is a 223 rarity. Any/all boolits it will stabilize,will sip from the magfed Smooches. 75 ELD-M's for me. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Being double stacked at 10rds,don't suck either. Hint.

You could do much worse. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I know some will disagree but Fhuqk the Tikka's......my last one I should have sent back but didn't my bad......

A Ruger predator 223, then buy the AICS mag well for $26 from Ruger and a Timney trigger makes a night and day better rifle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
buttcancer,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

AICS is no thang on a Teeker and now you can say you've "seen" one,which makes this a VERY Big Day for you. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Crying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
I’ve got one. Love the little rifle. Easy to shoot, feeds from the mag slick as heck and just doesn’t seem fussy with anything I’ve shot in it. Mostly gets 77 TMK’s and LVR though. Next best thing in my book to a great 22LR for plain old fun shooting.

Looking pretty good Scotty. How much load development did you do with the rifle? I was working with one of my CTR's today, but it got too damn windy. Great day to test the heavier 147's though:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One thing I have noticed is the slick 22 cal bullets sure do work well and are precise. I will use my 6.5 creedmoor CTRs as an example here. I bust my balzz trying to get 1" 3 shot groups at 400 with the 6.5, but the 22 cals lay them right in there, almost effortlessly. Even my most recent AR15 upper, slinging 69's. I keep saying I need to put a 223 rem CTR on the list of need to buy rifles. As soon as I come across the right one, I'm snagging it. It will be a 24" stainless model though. Fun is a good way to describe them though..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I haven't done any load work for it. I used the same ammo I use in my AR's, standard fare of 26-26.5 grains of LVR and a 77 TMK. I run them out by the 1000 on my Dillon, keeps logistics easy. I am sure it could shoot much better, but for what I want, I have no desire to mess around, I'd rather just grab handfuls of ammo and go shoot that gun, or the AR's. It's just one of the loads that shoots well in about any 223. Not super fast at around 2800 FPS, but good for either platform.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I want one in the 20" stainless version, but it's a WAG as to when Eurooptic will get any in. I signed up for notification over 6 months ago.

He went over yonder way
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I haven't done any load work for it. I used the same ammo I use in my AR's, standard fare of 26-26.5 grains of LVR and a 77 TMK. I run them out by the 1000 on my Dillon, keeps logistics easy. I am sure it could shoot much better, but for what I want, I have no desire to mess around, I'd rather just grab handfuls of ammo and go shoot that gun, or the AR's. It's just one of the loads that shoots well in about any 223. Not super fast at around 2800 FPS, but good for either platform.

Thanks for the answer. I only ask because that is not your typical group posting. Generally you have them dialed in a lot more than that. I agree on using loads you already have on hand though. It keeps things simple. I have some favorites I use as well that always shoot great in all of my AR's. That CTR will shoot much better than that, though, as you already know..

BSA MAGA
L
L
Hi folks. New here
Just bought one of these , Ctr 223
Does anyone have recommendations for decent scope rings
Scope is a athlon 2-12x42
Cheers, Matt

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by lowplainsdrifter
Hi folks. New here
Just bought one of these , Ctr 223
Does anyone have recommendations for decent scope rings
Scope is a athlon 2-12x42
Cheers, Matt

Matt, I have the Athlon 4-20 on mine and went with a spare set of TPS rings which I think are mediums in height. A pile of great rings out there.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think I am using Badger Ord. on mine, but my CTR is in 260 (not that it matters)

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never heard of the rifle,chambering or scope. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a Tikka 22-250, shoots 62 grain Bear claws really well. That not a long range bullet, but the kill pigs out to 300 yards real well. I caught two with one bullet, went through both at 230 yards. I took pics where the pigs where standing, Stand up the hill.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 08/19/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never heard of the rifle or the chambering. Hint.

You gals sure have some neat wares and REALLY "know" your stuff. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had one. Liked it, a lot…It didn’t matter what I fed it. It would boringly eat out one hole every time. Hope ‘Cinch’ is enjoying it.

I recently flipped a new CTR in 6.5 CM to a .47 Lapua. It’s another shooting marvel, even with a Bart tube.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (257 mag, 35, 300jimmy, 44mc, 1eyedmule, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,316 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,270
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.