Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I lived in Newport Washington for a while, right on the Idaho border. Spent a lot of time in Idaho. I saw many bumper stickers, "DON'T CALIFORNICATE IDAHO.' I asked an Idaho guy about that, he said they were sick of Californians moving in. He said that an immigrant from California better get those California license plates off of his car in about 48 hours. If an Idaho boy saw California plates, he would get a broken windshield and a few flat tires.

BP-B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by reivertom
I think Idaho is paying writers to produce stories like this to keep California refugees from ruining it.

Sssshh....! Don't expose methods or sources lol.

Manny

Last edited by mannyspd1; 08/15/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Idaho is paying writers to produce stories like this to keep California refugees from ruining it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Would the people currently living in Idaho want to be advertised as the best state to live in?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Move to Utah. Great for Californians and Texans

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Utah is passable but what is the deal with water down there. Sounds like a goat phpuck.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by persiandog
lots of monsters in Idaho

[Linked Image from idfg.idaho.gov]

and drag queens. Ask 700h where she buys her dresses

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Idaho is a toilet. I recommend people avoid it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Isn't Boise one of the fastest growing cities in the country?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Rather liked the look of Pocatello when I drove through a few weeks ago. Bear Lake was pretty too.

Ugh…… Pocatello is Bartertown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP recently moved here from caliotoe.
He should stick with his PETA friends and worry about dogs

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Massachusetts
New Jersey
New York
Idaho

Should be 1st!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Massachusetts #1, New Jersey #2, New York #3.

That's rich. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
The OP recently moved here from caliotoe.
He should stick with his PETA friends and worry about dogs

very true , but i am not a native californian and i chose Idaho despite its bad reputation in california. when i mention about california i feel the need for a fig leaf.

Last edited by persiandog; 08/15/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just like the cure for high prices is high prices and the cure for low prices is low prices, the way to ruin the best place to live is to tell everybody about it. Boise was rated #1 place to live in all those magazine articles of the 90's and early 2000's and the cows have come home to roost.

Prices of real estate have skyrocketed, I think Boise had the highest rate of real estate price increase in the nation. Wages have never kept pace with the cost of living, particularly real estate, and as I understand it folks are actually starting to leave because they can't afford to buy a house or rent an apartment here.

For a while very recently houses were being snapped up at asking price or even higher in 2-4 hours of listing it. My friend's mother-in-law died and they sold her house here 2 hours after listing it. Now I'm seeing nice houses sitting with for sale signs for days or weeks, quite possibly for the same reason lots of nice firearms remain unsold. Folks want and expect top top top dollar and when they see what other people are asking for "similar sales in the area" they just keep adding more to their asking price.

But out of state developers keep developing and the city and county commissars, uh, commissioners are totally in their pockets. 8-10 story apartment buildings are being approved in what were and still are single family residential neighborhoods. South of town the housing developments are going up as fast as they can bulldoze a piece of farmland and move the dozers to the next chunk of land.

The bright side is I'll be dead before it hits Portland, Seattle or Denver status. Maybe.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
M
M
As a native born son of commiefornia.. I hate seeing other states get infested with what is usually the flilth of California. I dream of one day leaving this state that has become a cesspool of hell on earth run by retards. Don’t get me wrong I love the land that is California but the guberment and people (the majority)are [bleep]. Sometimes I feel like a alien in a foreign world. Smdh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mbogo2106
Rather liked the look of Pocatello when I drove through a few weeks ago. Bear Lake was pretty too.

I’ve heard a few people say that.

I didn’t stop. Just looked real nice driving through the south end and over towards lava hot springs.

Rez proximity? Methy?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was born in Mountain Home Idaho. Been there a total of less than two weeks. I say get rid of the Mormons.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Macmat
As a native born son of commiefornia.. I hate seeing other states get infested with what is usually the flilth of California. I dream of one day leaving this state that has become a cesspool of hell on earth run by retards. Don’t get me wrong I love the land that is California but the guberment and people (the majority)are [bleep]. Sometimes I feel like a alien in a foreign world. Smdh

be strong my friend , i moved out 3 years ago after 26 years in bay area.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mbogo2106

I’ve heard a few people say that.

I didn’t stop. Just looked real nice driving through the south end and over towards lava hot springs.

Rez proximity? Methy?

College town full of libs, injuns, messicans and half wits. Oh, and 600 Fibbies.

Count your blessings you made it out alive.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
155 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.