Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I never understood why so many people want tats these days. I don't care what they do on their own skin I'm just not sure what drives them to want to do it.

When I very first returned from an LDS mission in 94 another missionary friend who had returned home a bit before me picked me up and we drove to Phoenix together to go to a concert. It was Metallica, candle Box and suicidal tendencies at a big outdoor venue.

We were both still looking pretty clean cut and couldn't afford the rock lifestyle look. We noticed at the time how everybody there had all their cool things to make them standout but somehow they all looked the same. We were the ones that stood out, short hair, clean shaven, no leather and spike accessories, no tats.

We also talked to several cool people that pointed out we looked like we didn't quite fit in. We told them we just got home from missions and they said they were glad to see us there enjoying some music.

We realized that in a world full of grown ups who still act like they're in junior high trying to have the coolest accessories or look the toughest the only way to stand out any more is just to go with a clean cut old fashioned normal look.

I guess between that realization and my fears of commitment I've never really been interested in tats.

Bb

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I've seen some really nice artwork, know a guy who was
an absolute artist.

I despise tattoos.
What people do that has no effect on others, doesn't concern me.
However, I like to try and understand things, tatoos make no sense.

A pile of money (I'm tight as heck)
It hurts,
I stays sore awhile,
You have to "doctor" it.
Possible infection risk.
And it's permanent.

But I've never understood the "Look at me" mentality.

Daughters know how I feel, they know that they can live here as long
as they want. Rent free, as long as they help out. If they have Tattoo
money, they can help with the bills.
As long as they spend their $$ where you want it they are fine but if they buy something you don't like they have to start pitching in??

What else is on your "no can buy" list??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
the ones that catch my eye are

50# over weight women

green hair & daisy dukes & flip flops

drive a POS car...oh but yea...fuggin' IPhone 14 in their ear

prob talking to the tat artist about the next one

1-2 kids that need attention & clean clothes & tooth brush

WTF are with people ?

pic.........get fuggin real

So.....what does an average tat cost ?

Wife has about $3k in her right arm. Full sleeve, 5 or 6 sessions.

Has a stomach tattoo to cover scars from 5 abdominal surgeries, no clue what she paid for the one on her stomach.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Wrath of Dad would befall any child of mine living under my roof coming home with a tattoo upon threat of the industrial sander.

Must've worked. To this day none of my 3 kids sport tats.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Like I said earlier…another adult is absolutely entitled to do as they please with their body and it’s none of my concern.

Along the lines of what Burleyboy was saying though my wife and I had a similar experience. We went to Vegas for a week this past winter and one night while walking out of one of the nice restaurants in the Hotel there was a crowded line of people that seemed to stretch on endlessly around the hotel. We noticed that they were all “old people”…realistically they were our age (49 & 51) and older because it was a HEART concert. 😂. When we realized that they were standing there for HEART we stood back and watched the crowd….old woman wearing their leather biker jackets and chains trying to dress like they did in high school 40 years ago but having tits that weren’t meant for the dress. Old guys were just as bad with the comb-over-mullet and acid washed jeans…I didn’t even know that you could get acid washed jeans anymore. 😂

It was fun to watch so many older couples desperately trying to relive their high school days again, even for one night, because they were all, almost to the person, dressed like half the kids that had lockers downstairs in my high school, the “Rockers”. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I always liked tattoos (don't have any). They remind me of that old Jeff Foxworthy "Here's my sign.," thing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
They beat the fugg out of Kidney transplant scars.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Spent 25 years in the USN and got a couple to remember some milestones: Crossing the equator and becoming a shellback, my first combat deployment, making CPO etc... But all of them can be covered by a short sleeved shirt and you cannot see them unless I take the shirt off. I have been teaching HS since I retired from active duty and not one co-worker or student even know I have them. For me it was a Navy thing and now that I am retired I will never get another.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
F
Fenton Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
F
[quote=MAC]Spent 25 years in the USN and got a couple to remember some milestones: Crossing the equator and becoming a shellback, my first combat deployment, making CPO etc... But all of them can be covered by a short sleeved shirt and you cannot see them unless I take the shirt off. I have been teaching HS since I retired from active duty and not one co-worker or student even know I have them. For me it was a Navy thing and now that I am retired I will never get another.[/quote

MAC,
Your situation is the type I’m comfortable with. Nothing to show, nothing to prove or draw attention to yourself. But if another vet catches a view of your tats, that must create an opportunity for you both to share a hello, both of you knowing the service you provided to those of us that did not have military service and sacrifice.
Wish I had served. Thanks for your service and more power to you and all our vets and active duty service members.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Knew a guy in the USARMY that got the MTV logo tattooed on his arm

IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Been either demo-ing a house or waaaaay back in north pasture all day . I absolutely dont give a flying phuque about anyones tats.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I absolutely don't give a flying phuque about anyones tats.
lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…?
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…?
Or how anyone cooks their steak…?
Or how anyone spends their money…?

What the hell’s wrong with you…? grin

lol some more

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by antlers
lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…?
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…?
Or how anyone cooks their steak…?
Or how anyone spends their money…?

lol some more

Yes. Imagine the revenue loss Rick would have without those.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Checkmate, gentlemen! 👍

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am so damned unique already that people recognize me with no help at all. I especially like a clean slate on young ladies.

A short story from my USN days. Sailor in the bar sides up and bets me a beer "that I have your name tattooed on my arm." On his hand and wrist one can see things like Bob, Tom, Ray, etc. One takes on the bet and he rolls up his sleeve to reveal "Your Name" in nice sharp letters. As long as new troops moved in, I suspect he never paid for his own beer.

Last edited by 1minute; 08/15/22.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I started tattooing as a hobby in 2010 and picked it up pretty quick. Needless.to say I have quite a few but mostly sporadically places on my arms, no sleeves. My now deceased wife had a bunch that I had done on her and looked sexy as hell. In saying that, neither of us had random crap. They all have either a story or a meaning pertaining to me as did hers. I look at life a little different than most folks. We live in a universe that's existed for 13.8 billion years and we are lucky to get 70 or 80. Schitt just doesn't matter and one day when I'm laying on my deathbed looking back on my life there's a bunch of stuff that I won't give a damn about, like how often I cut my grass to impress the neighbors or the ink in my skin. I'll have lived my stint.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Checkmate, gentlemen! 👍

Originally Posted by antlers
lol

Or what anyone watches on TV…? Whatever is on, if I don't like it. Change the channel. I had to watch Buzz Lightyear last night!
Or how anyone drinks their whisky…? However I like it! Neat, ice, water, soured, old fashioned, coke etc....But if your are buying... however you want.
Or how anyone cooks their steak…? Medium Rare of course or you risk ruining it for my tastes. But if you are buying...however you want.
Or how anyone spends their money…? Whatever you want, it's your money.

lol some more

grin

Arcus Venator
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by skeen
I asked my wife to get this one, she said, "No." frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jesus if that is real it had to hurt. Pounding ink in right on top of her spinal column like that. Not much meat there.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
When I see a beautiful woman, and she turns my head, it makes me smile. Look closer and see her exposed tattoos all over. Then I turn away, as she then appears to be a common streetwalker.

Let's Go Brandon!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There’s tats and then there’s tats, less is better.

A good friend’s son died, him and his family all got the same tattoo he had on his wrist in memory of him, pretty cool.

An Injun extra in Dances With Wolves is always in full buckskin in that movie covering his arms because as a lifer in the Navy he had the name of every ship he served on listed on his arm. Pretty cool.

I see bunches of dumb tattoos on teens, but one local thug has the Virgen de Guadeloupe all down his back, Now that’s a cultural statement, and his last name in gothic letters below might help the Cops at some point.

Women with tattoos? Some are beautiful, some tattoos works of art. The women who have them are probly good in bed. But I do feel bad for them, they didn’t need them to be hot and few young women realize how hard keeping their good looks through life will be, the tats ain’t gonna make that easier.

Wish I had a nickel for everyone with a tat who regrets it, I’d be a wealthy man.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
718 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.