Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Has gone up a notch in my book:

Smith & Wesson fired back at the House Oversight and Reform Committee subpoena filed by Democrats, which seeks details on its modern sporting rifles (MSR), issuing a stinging rebuke of crime in Democrat-run cities with strict gun control on law-abiding citizens and "soft-on-crime policies."

"A number of politicians and their lobbying partners in the media have recently sought to disparage Smith & Wesson," CEO Mark Smith wrote in a statement Monday. "Some have had the audacity to suggest that after they have vilified, undermined and defunded law enforcement for years, supported prosecutors who refuse to hold criminals accountable for their actions, overseen the decay of our country’s mental health infrastructure, and generally promoted a culture of lawlessness, Smith & Wesson and other firearm manufacturers are somehow responsible for the crime wave that has predictably resulted from these destructive policies.

"But they are the ones to blame for the surge in violence and lawlessness, and they seek to avoid any responsibility for the crisis of violence they have created by attempting to shift the blame to Smith & Wesson, other firearm manufacturers and law-abiding gun owners.

"It is no surprise that the cities suffering most from violent crime are the very same cities that have promoted irresponsible, soft-on-crime policies that often treat criminals as victims and victims as criminals," Smith continued. "Many of these same cities also maintain the strictest gun laws in the nation. But rather than confront the failure of their policies, certain politicians have sought more laws restricting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens, while simultaneously continuing to undermine our institutions of law and order.

"And to suppress the truth, some now seek to prohibit firearm manufacturers and supporters of the Second Amendment from advertising products in a manner designed to remind law-abiding citizens that they have a constitutional right to bear arms in defense of themselves and their families."

In addition to requesting data on MSRs, the House Oversight Committee chaired by Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., sought crime and death data.

"To be clear, a Smith & Wesson firearm has never broken into a home; a Smith & Wesson firearm has never assaulted a woman out for a late-night run in the city; a Smith & Wesson firearm has never carjacked an unsuspecting driver stopped at a traffic light," Smith's statement continued.

Receive breaking news and original analysis - sent right to your inbox.

Your Email Address
Zip Code
(Optional for Local News)
Sign Me Up
Privacy: We never share your email address.
"Instead, Smith & Wesson provides these citizens with the means to protect themselves and their families. We are proud of our 170-year history. We are proud of the commitment of our employees to making a quality product. We are proud to provide law-abiding citizens and law enforcement — our customers — with the tools to provide for their security and independence. We are proud of our responsible business practices."

Smith's statement concluded the subpoena was merely an effort to score "political points" while Democrats were failing on the crime issue.

"We will continue to work alongside law enforcement, community leaders and lawmakers who are genuinely interested in creating safe neighborhoods," it read. "We will engage those who genuinely seek productive discussions, not a means of scoring political points.

"We will continue informing law-abiding citizens that they have a constitutionally protected right to defend themselves and their families. We will never back down in our defense of the Second Amendment."

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
HEAR HEAR !!!
It's about time manufacturers pushed back against the politicians.
They need to add the news media to their push-back, also.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think I need another S&W now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mark shubert
HEAR HEAR !!!

I could not of said it better than Mark. We need more of this kind of push back.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Bravo! Well said sir

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I almost missed this. Thanks for posting. S&W deserves our support.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You have to admit the Damage they and the Rhinos Done is Substantial..

I,I,I say Thar we have US a Partisans Coalition..
We’re changing the Finish Line Flag to “Red “ cuz that’s what we are here in Mordor on the Potomac.

We still got till the End of the Year with this Congress.

“ Ya Ya You ain’t seen Nothing Yet “

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's about time !

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely don't sound the limey-assed Brit-owned S&W of the Klintoon years. I switched from Glock to a S&W M&P M2.0 about 5 years ago for duty carry. Looks like an M&P Compact is on the way into the stable.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My hat's of to Mr. Smith

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good deal. Now get rid of the Hillary hole.

What made the S&W name was the era of revolvers. IMO no amount of getting things right today will equal the attention to detail and hands on craftsmanship of that era. They may be as good but it’s a bygone era just like Colts Snake guns.

The same way a new Winchester model 70 will never equal a pre war model for great checking even if a better rifle. They were moments in time.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
HEAR HEAR !!!
Oh, so true!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
HEAR HEAR !!!

Amen Mark, AMEN!

about time this nation started standing up to these leftist idiots that have a field day undermining our nation for the last 30 to 40 years...

about time to pull the rug out from under them and let them fall right on their faces...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 68 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,148
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.