Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We were both in college at Mizzou and met at our part time job, Midway USA. I owe it all to Larry!

BP-B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Saw her at a sales meeting and asked a few questions of a coworker who knew a little about her. Had a chance to help out at her office and was gonna pass it up till coworker said “that’s where SHE works!” So I jumped.

Asked her out after work that was Oct 22 we were married the following May 24 I never proposed marriage I told her we’d marry I just don’t know how soon.

She still calls me her alpha.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She was 18 and living in a house with some of the members of a band I was playing in. Her older sister was the girlfriend of the guitar player. When the next gig came, she and a friend volunteered to ride to the gig with the drummer and me. That was 52 years ago.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I drove a neighbor's girlfriend down to Virginia Beach Labor Day 1981. The neighbors girlfriend had a daughter. Her name was Trina . She was 16 and I was 18. She laughed when I said I was 18 and didn't believe me. I told her she looks 14. She didn't like that much. A year later her mom and sisters move into the neighbors house just down the road. We liked each other and she was better looking than most anything around here and fun too. A friend told me to date her so we did. We got married in 1987. Been married ever since. It is sad though, we have nothing in common . The pastor even tried to talk us out of getting married. She says that the pastor should have refused to marry us and she regreets getting married. We get along fairly well. We have 2 kids . My 30 yr . old daughter lives in Cairo , Egypt and teaches there. My son lives 30 miles away and works for an investment firm . Both are very good at what they do so we did good. I am a busy body, fishing, hunting, getting on the water, scouting deer , but fishing is my fun. I love the woods, she hates it. I love the water, she hates it. She sits and watches videos and I wonder how a person can waste their life away watching half retarded people argue in court ETC. She does work 35 hrs a week though. I told her in a few years I am going to retire and move to Upper Michigan. She said she isn't going. She is starting to change her mind a little though.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Walking the beagle

Pocono, I can't help but think "walking the beagle" is a metaphor for something. laugh
skeen,
Nope, no metaphor, just walking Zofia the beagle around town and would just stop and chat for a couple minutes. As Robin likes to say, “the planets aligned” and the rest is history.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Met my first wife at a job when we were both 16. She was one of the hostess’ at the joint. My buddy married her older sister and she and I maintained a little bit of contact through the college years. After college, we got together and were married for 18 years and had three kids before cancer took her. Current wife and I met online. She had never been married and was reluctant to date a widower, but eight months later she changed her mind. Been married to this one about eight years. She’s fantastic, loves outdoors maybe more than even I do and can definitely take care of herself. She has her own gun collection that I’m not allowed to use. Maybe it’s a family thing for her as she’s a JM Browning descendant. We even have a couple of his gunsmithing tools.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Met her at Pope AFB NCO club in Dec 1974. They had great live bands and only place in the state that had liquor by the drink. Rest of state was brown bag.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have probably told this on this forum before. I met my wife when we were both 13 and I shot a small bull moose up by Lorraine Creek in the Iron Hills which lie on the Berry Bros. Mine Road on the way to Kotsina. I got up early that morning while the stars were still out and the dawnlight had not reached the tips of the mountains. I woke up my dad and my brother and we eased out on the road with gutless our underpowered beatup 1978 Dodge 1/4 ton 2wd slant 6 pickup. Gutless was actually an incredible offroad vehicle because it would just bounce out of most obstacles and was light enough that it wouldn't sink in mud. We travelled about 3 miles during the civil twilight to reach an overlook. I was riding on the top of the camper. I noticed the moose at about 300 yards about 5 minutes into our sit and hammered him with a 130 grain silvertip 270 winchester bullet and that was that.

We cut up the moose and about an hour later. A group of Native women with a beautiful girl who was wearing a red bandana came by as they were picking blueberries. We found out that they were from Chitina and the girl was going to be going to Kenny Lake High School that fall. She was shy and I was shy too. I gave them a front quarter, some backstraps and some of the other meat. I think that that sealed the deal. We had 10 years apart after high school but we got back together when she moved back to Chitina and I was teaching out in the Bush. We have been married for 24 years and she is definitely my better half.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Met at a ranch supply/lumber store New Years party - Jan 5, 1974.
She was mad at her Dad, and didn't want to ride home with him, so I offered a ride.
"Where do you live?" She said a place that I figured was about 30 miles out.
Glad I gassed up the pickup before we left, 'cause that was where you turned to get there!
Due to snow-closed roads, it was 41 miles, turn right, come back 13 miles over snowy county roads!
We married Dec 20, 1975 - and I tell her the only guys who married her, or her sisters, were the ones who could find their way back a second time.
She claims she was "young and dumb". smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I met her at work. We were friends for over three years. I got divorced and we got together. We'll be married 35 years the 29th. I've been asked how I got her? I always say I don't question providence.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Mine showed her boobs to me while I was driving my tractor.
And just think that song "she thinks my tractor sexy" wasn't even out yet

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I met my wife at church in Fairbanks in 1968, I was 12. Married her ten years later.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine is quite a bit younger than I. She was a widow with a 2 year old boy. She bought a place down the dirt road from me, about six acres over. I was recently divorced at the time and when I used to ride by on my horse I'd see this 30-something 6' tall smoke show in shorts walking around her yard working in her flower beds ... her boy would come running out to the road to look at Thor, my horse ... big buckskin quarter horse, gelding. Plus I had a border collie and a blue healer that followed me around on that horse .... so, over time I would stop.and her little boy, by then three years old, would come a running.

She finally came out and talked to me ... most beautiful green eyes and dark silky hair, legs that went on forever and man what a body. She was a cross (my buddies used to say this) between Sherilyn Fenn and Sela Ward.

One night she invited me to dinner and the rest is history. That boy is now twenty-five and he's my Son. He calls me Pa and we're close. He's my hunting and fishing buddy and he named his Son after me. I tell the both of them that I love them every day.

God has smiled on me. She's still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, to me. She's in her 50s, she is my queen. Most incredible woman, she's really something. I worship the ground that woman walks-on.

My first wife I met at Fort Bragg. We had three daughters and were married for over twenty years. We grew apart.

Thor and Tess and Good Ole Dog are all gone now, buried on this property. I miss them.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
great story.

thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I'll come clean... I met my Hula Girl through the printed singles adds in our local paper prior to all the online dating. I figured I wasn't going to meet Miss wonderful out in the hills chasing coyotes so WTH right? Did this for a couple years just to get laid and laid I did. Then on August 10 1994 I met my future Bride and the rest is history as they say. I'm 7 years older than her and we both grew up in Santa Ana CA.

Turns out we had some of the same teachers at different schools in town. My older brother lived in an apartment with his new wife just a block away on the same street as the house where my wife grew up. I would hang in front of my brothers place to work on cars and such almost every day so I could imagine there I am, 16 years old and this 9 year old girl would be walking or riding her bike past me on her way to the local college to play sports cause she was athletic and me not knowing this would be my future wife 23 years later. I only wish I had met her sooner I was 37, she was 30...

Prolly seen her God knows how many times growing up around our city. We had a few things in common beside some of the same teachers. Both our Fathers served in the U S Army Air Corp during WWII. She battled breast cancer earlier this year the Docs found it real early it was barely deemed as stage 1 after a lumpectomy and 36 rounds of radiation treatments the Docs declared her cancer free so we both feel blessed for that god willing she stays that way.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
She was pole dancin’ and I couldn’t bear the thought of another gettin’ her in their lap

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Stammster
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by Stammster
Britishwives.com

For some reason the russianwives.com website wasn’t working that day and I couldn’t wait.

Ukrainian mail order brides are flying off the shelves. laugh

Yep. During Covid, China was running a buy 1, get 3 free special. Very popular with the Mormons.

Wait, I'm a Mormon why didn't I hear of this. Doesn't matter I guess. I struggle with keeping one happy any more would push me over the edge.

Bb

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PJGunner
We will not comment on my first wife. A total disaster. Just to keep it simple, her family hated my guts and my family hate her guts. Never had a chance although we did have about 3.5 years and two kids. I treat it as an unforgetable bad dream.

About a tear after the divorce I'm at work at the Post Office and I look across the room and this very pretty woman was staring at me. To be honest I stared back. I I saw she had a couple of mail bags full I went over and put them on the appropriate dolly. I said Hi and she said high back. I got lucky and snaagged her at lunch and we talked Turns out she's married with three kids. Separated from one hell of dirtbag husband who when they were together would bring his girl friend over and sleep with her. I found out she had to catch a bus to come and go to work so I started picking her up and taking her home. Well her old man got upset about that arrangement and threatened to do her and the kids in. She had family in Nevada so I sent her to be with them until things cooled down. I quit my job and moved to Nevada and we moved in together. Between us she finally got enough money to divorce the bum. A week later we got married. We had 52 glorious years together although the last three were rough. On March 12, 2019 she passed from the effects od Alzheimer's disease. I still miss her.
PJ

That's an amazing story.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Army buddy sent his sister a plane ticket to come visit him and his wife at Ft. Sill after she graduated from University.

That was in July, we married in December, 1973.

Last edited by Brazos; 08/24/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
White privileged enough here to see a Bud Light bottle hurled at T Pains head

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
685 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 58 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,742
Posts18,401,219
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.