Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you lose 40 lbs in 60 days, you will be too weak to pass your physical obstacle course. I guranatee that.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stammster
Originally Posted by ironbender
1.5#/day.

Not likely. Likely not healthy if you manage.

Who said anything about 1.5 lbs per day?
Covid fog.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by JeffA
Get off the internet?

ha

Start intermittent fasting. Keto. or very low carb. No fruits ( some berries ok), no breads, no pasta, no sugars. drink only water NO ALCOHOL

greens and protein

Get some electrolytes to mix in water to avoid Keto flu

do HIT training.

I did the same before going to the academy. Actually gained strength lost 45 lbs and body fat around 4 per cent. It sucked but doable

get a lot of sleep

4% body fat???

Montana MOFO
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Stammster
Originally Posted by ironbender
1.5#/day.

Not likely. Likely not healthy if you manage.

Who said anything about 1.5 lbs per day?
Covid fog.
Yeah. Finally caught on to the error with Shane’s post.

Measure twice, etc.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Get off the internet?

ha

Start intermittent fasting. Keto. or very low carb. No fruits ( some berries ok), no breads, no pasta, no sugars. drink only water NO ALCOHOL

Why no alcohol? Serious question... Trying to lose a few more pounds myself.

Alcohol is simple carbs and sugar. It turns straight to fat. Beer is the worst.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Forgot to add, the diet you choose should be something you can continue doing, otherwise weight will come back
This right here.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Get off the internet?

ha

Even whiskey?? I knew that about beer, but didn't think whiskey was the same..

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Get off the internet?

ha

If you have to stop drinking whiskey to lose weight, I guess I’m not losing any weight anytime soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Gents:

Pursuing an upgraded LEO gig in a different state from my last one, but need to lose 40 lbs in 60 days. That and pass the PAT (which I aced a couple years ago).

Other than starve, any suggestions? I'm motivated: This is a plan A item for me with no desirable alternatives. I have discipline, so with a good plan can execute.

Recommendations?

Do naked and afraid!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Skatchewan
If you lose 40 lbs in 60 days, you will be too weak to pass your physical obstacle course. I guranatee that.

Maybe if he would just cut way back on calories and keep eating crap food but if he starts eating healthy food (meat and veggies) and exercising, he'll feel better and stronger than ever.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So just in case, what’s your plan B?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Get off the internet?

ha

If you have to stop drinking whiskey to lose weight, I guess I’m not losing any weight anytime soon.

I lost 70lbs in an extremely short period of time...less than 6 months by holding to an extremely low carb diet.
I never gave up my Whiskey.
Hard liquor and light beer are bad on carbs like so many people think.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]free photo upload

Proud NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Yep. No sugar or carbs in hard liquor. I lost 40 pounds on keto, switched from beer and whiskey to whiskey and vodka with 0 carb mixer. Found an article that said alcohol can help put you in ketosis more quickly. Decided right then it was the diet for me. Bacon, whiskey, ribeyes and pork belly...best diet ever.

B
Blu_Cs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
So just in case, what’s your plan B?

I'm not going into this with a Plan B in mind.

That said, everyone's comments have been very helpful, and I'm on the way. Thanks all.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnGlenn
Yep. No sugar or carbs in hard liquor. I lost 40 pounds on keto, switched from beer and whiskey to whiskey and vodka with 0 carb mixer. Found an article that said alcohol can help put you in ketosis more quickly. Decided right then it was the diet for me. Bacon, whiskey, ribeyes and pork belly...best diet ever.

Absolutely.
I didn't just diet, I committed to living low carb.
Not a pound of that 70 that I lost has returned in 4 years.
In a nutshell I just eat meat and greens...lots of meats..
My doctor is shocked at my transformation my numbers made an astonishing turn FOR THE BETTER.
A1C went from 8.5 to 5.5...👍

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pullit
It is really a simple matter of calories in vs calories out.
Unfortunately, it seems like it would be that simple but it isn't. Certainly, you are correct in that regardless of what kind of diet you do, you can't eat 5,000 calories a day and expect to drop weight, unless you're Michael Phelps. But something like a keto diet sets up a metabolic advantage in your body that will allow someone to lose more fat than other diets of similar daily calories.

Shifting dramatically towards protein and fat and away from carbohydrates does three things that make a significant difference. First off, the body significantly increases the production of fat consuming enzymes, for processing dietary fat but also stored body fat. Second, there's a significant reduction in the production of insulin, which is the body's fat storage hormone. Lastly, a keto type diet creates more of a muscle sparring environment in the body so more of the weight loss is fat vs muscle. And retaining muscle keeps your metabolism from tanking.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
So in 5 days how many pounds have you shed?

You should be losing 1.5 pounds a day, however in the early stages you should be losing twice that amount per day in the first week - it's mostly water initially. That's the easy stuff to lose. The fun part comes in day 21+ when the pounds become more stubborn.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I tried protein shakes as meal replacements, several years ago and had good success. I was surprised myself. Key to things is
be extremely picky the protein powder you pick. You need low carbs, and as close to 0 sugars as possible. Looking at 4 meals a day and a dry salad to keep you regular. The goal for carbs is to shoot to stay down to no more than 20 grams a day or as close as you can find.

Mayo Clinic: "Replacing meals with protein shakes may help you lower your daily calories, which can help you lose weight. But in time you'll need to start eating solid food again. Eating solid food may cause excess weight to return if you don't make smart food choices. And if you rely too much on protein shakes to replace daily meals, you'll miss out on the healthy benefits of whole foods.

Since protein has calories, consuming too much can make it harder to lose weight. This can happen if you drink protein shakes along with your usual diet and you're not eating less calories or exercising."

You need to stay active. As a minimum as much walking as you can. As you go along start jogging as much as possible interspersed with walking. You need to do this anyway to get into the condition to pass your test.

Depends on how bad you want its. TOTALLY AVOID SUGAR and wheat products, that means no croutons in the salad. Avoid any kind of soda pop even diet pop. Stick with water with electrolytes.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
So in 5 days how many pounds have you shed?

You should be losing 1.5 pounds a day, however in the early stages you should be losing twice that amount per day in the first week - it's mostly water initially. That's the easy stuff to lose. The fun part comes in day 21+ when the pounds become more stubborn.

40 (lbs) divided by 60 (days) = .67 lbs per day.

(I'm using the OLD math)

1.5 lbs per day for 60 days would be a total loss of 90 pounds (OLD math again).

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If your not doing so, I highly suggest you make a chart / spreadsheet. Hang it in your bathroom, next to the scale. Take your weight at the same time of day (I.e. in the morning right after you pee).

It should be done at least on a weekly basis, but I suggest every day.

Include:
Date (Today to finish)
Actual weight (fill in with pencil)
Required weight (at 0.67 lb loss each day).

For example

Date Actual weight Required weight
8/21/22. 280 280
8/22/22. 279.3
10/1/22. 254.5
10/21/22. 240

This keeps you accountable and trackable. You’ll have a few bad days, but that’s ok. Be honest. Just stay on the trend. Like I said, you can drop 5-6 lbs of water weight on the last day if necessary.

Last edited by Stammster; 08/20/22.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,345 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,297
Posts18,468,035
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.