Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just saw they have a new bullet out. Velly enteresting. Sez maybe better bc than Hornady.

Here

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
GB1

S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
From their email:

Introducing a new member of the RMR bullet family. This is the 75 grain 3GH in .224 diameter. We thought that it would be impossible to get a 75 grain bullet to fit in our machine but we did some magic and cheated a little bit on how the bullet is made and we pulled it off. That said, in order to get the bullet as long as it needed to be to get the weight, the tooling leaves a small ring near the tip of the bullet. It doesn't seem to affect accuracy, but it is there. We don't yet have a perfect number for the BC yet, but I tried using the BC for the 75 grain Hornady and this bullet was shooting high. So, it should be a little better than the Hornady. It is a little shorter than other 75-77 grain bullets at .950." I shot them through a 1-8" twist barrel and they shot great.

3GH stands for 3-Gun Hunter. This bullet has a tapered jacket that starts out at .032" thick at the base and tapers down to .013" towards the tip. This bullet is an awesome balance between a match rifle bullet and a hunting bullet. It's also the best price for a 75 grain bullet you can find anywhere so get them now before we get so dang popular that we have to raise the prices to stupid levels just to fit in with everyone else.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never heard of 'em. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Not that you gals could pick one out of a crowd. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
BS, be interested in hearing what they do for you. Tough to whoop them if they shoot for that price.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Rammer 69's have done exceedingly well for me and are slicker than 69 Sugars. Those are nice "problems" to have. Maiden Rammer 69 Voyage was aboard a Krieger laced 22BR,in hasty/schit conditions. Virgin false shoulders,forming cases. Hint.

From there,I've gunned 'em in 223,223AI,22PPC AFI,more BR,22-250,22-250AI and Speedmire...all happily. Hint.

I'll whistle the Rammer 75's through some High Zoot Boltguns with magfed Smooches and extrapolate from there. Hint.

I reckon they'll be jut fine. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks BS. Killed anything with em?

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. I find them more reliable than the 69 Sugar,but what isn't?!? Hint.(grin)

Fhuqking Krieger 22BR. Hint.

May take a spin and slap a Buck with a Rammer 75 this afternoon,despite the Hurricane/Monsoon. Hint.............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nice, let me know how it goes. Be interested to see what/how it does.

Semper Fi
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Stick,

What's the bullet length of those 69 RMRs? Need to run the numbers for my 1:9 Savage 10, 223.
TY

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A true 9" RPM will easily stabilize the 75gr Hornie HPBT in a Rifle and especially a turnbolt. Both the Rammer 69 and Sugar,are much shorter and of zero stabilization concerns,when housed witin same. Hint...............

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
A true 9" RPM will easily stabilize the 75gr Hornie HPBT in a Rifle and especially a turnbolt. Both the Rammer 69 and Sugar,are much shorter and of zero stabilization concerns,when housed witin same. Hint...............

Thank you, Sir.

Igitur quī dēsīderat pācem, præparet bellum
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
So if I’m interpreting bushspeak right you made hair fly with the 69 RMR? What died and which organ(s) failed due to impact of same?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve killed about a dozen pigs with the 69 RMR. I don’t like it as well as the TMK or a Hornady as far as terminal effects but it works. Bust shoulders for best results.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ALL 68/9's have long been second fiddle fodder,as compared to 75's. That being said as 68/9's go,the Rammer is a Good 'Un. Hint.

I don't see the increase in aeroform and mass,"compromising" the Rammer 75's and if so,that would be a first. Hint.

Weather simmered,so I'll be curious to shoot some come-ups,here in a bit. Hint...............

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
$4 shipping?? Man you Alaskans get all the breaks….

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
for their 69RMR I used a BC of .335 which holds true out to 600yards. We have shot markers on our targets that also collects data. I will be buying some of their 75's and see how they shoot in my service rifle setup. I'm going to shoot the 69's again out of my new service rifle barrel they should shoot pretty good.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
What powder & load for the 69 at 5.56 pressures and col? If you used them in an AR platform.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only shot the 75 Rammer's in (4) Skookum Turnbolts and in killer conditions today. (3) was Custom,(1) wasn't and nothing held more powder than a 22BR. 7" the fastest,8" the slowest and Smooches all,from well thunked throats and guts aligned to arrange same. Hint.

I wonder if they're re-branded Nuzzler RDF's? Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That ain’t no good at all….

Sorry to see that.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yuck.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,124
Posts18,464,622
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.