Campfire Regular
H
You guys are making me feel bad. I like mine

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Tacos may have some advantage, including primarily fuel economy and comfort. But the Gladiator is tougher. My brother ignorantly drove his Tacoma at 0.3 mph over some landscaping bricks bordering his driveway, and it destroyed his front right suspension.

Much more extreme impacts would have done nothing to this:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Get a Gladiator with the v8 hemi and put a bobtail bed on it

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Dude, I know peoples that have driveways steeper than that rock pick. I do appreciate the input though.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 08/18/22.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I think it depends on the level of extreme you’re gonna 4-wheel.

The Gladiator is ringing the bell on a 10 scale for Ghayness with that pitiful angle of departure.

I’d go Tacoma

Its not so extreme in the “capabilities” area as a stock 4x4 and a driver with balls can easily do, its the road paved with stones the rest of the trip that takes its toll

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve timed a few stretches just for giggles. One little stretch for example takes me 2 1/2 minutes in a 4x4 gator like a bat out of hell. In one truck with 30lbs air, the same trip takes 11 minutes. Same truck at 24lbs air 5 1/2 minutes. Its the bone jarring ride that can take its toll. My goal is to be able to ride it faster than I can walk it which is maybe 4mph or so.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Dude, I know peoples that have driveways steeper than that rock pick. I do appreciate the input though.

So do I and that’s not my truck on the rock

I have the Mojave and the suspension is perfect for rocky roads. They developed it for desert racing. Fox shocks with external reservoirs and some fancy chit that supposedly helps with high speed bouncy stuff. I’ve had a load of off road trucks and the suspension on this is the best of them all.
Reliability seems to be measured with Toyota as the baseline. They’re hard to beat. I get rid of trucks when the warranty runs out because almost everything made today sucks compared to what we expect

Last edited by hunter4623; 08/18/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only time that I ever got my Tacoma stuck and it was my own fault. It was still new to me with sh1ty tires.

I was a few miles from the nearest paved road on a DNR truck trail/winter snowmobile trail late season grouse hunting and drove through the ice over a deep low point mud hole that had been covered with a dusting of snow making it appear level. It took several hours and popular saplings but I eventually unstuck it. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love you man but the pics don’t impress. I do that every day and MUCH WORSE in a stock sierra. The thing about landscaping bricks is they probably move, the stuff I roll over with ifs doesn’t move.

One thing I find is most folk have no clue the capabilities of a stock 4x4

Most of my quest of the thread is about durability

I don't have the pics immediately to defend, but I have had two awesome Sierra's that I loved. The Gladi Rubi will go countless places the Sierra won't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=hunter4623]You guys are making me feel bad. I like mine

Reliability seems to be measured with Toyota as the baseline. They’re hard to beat. I get rid of trucks when the warranty runs out because almost everything made today sucks compared to what we expect
I’m not a brand loyal guy. I love my Toyota because it’s been incredibly reliable and excellent off-road. What you’re missing is that a Toyota will typically run maintenance free well past the warranty.

I do agree that as far as dedicated rock crawlers go Jeeps are tough to beat but that isn’t what most of us are doing with our trucks. For most of us it’s about reliability and snow and mud when off-road.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Its not about going, its about going over and over and over again.

Imagine a road paved with half buried bowling balls every four inches, then imagine half the bowling balls were twice and three times the size of normal balls cept they have all kinda angles not smooth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I think it depends on the level of extreme you’re gonna 4-wheel.

The Gladiator is ringing the bell on a 10 scale for Ghayness with that pitiful angle of departure.

I’d go Tacoma

Its not so extreme in the “capabilities” area as a stock 4x4 and a driver with balls can easily do, its the road paved with stones the rest of the trip that takes its toll

Good information on your needs. If you’re not doing a lot of crawling and climbing, you need to buy an older Ford Raptor. I have a 2012 that’s slightly built better than stock it’s just a ticket for rough roads at high speeds.

My Raptor super cab will blow away a gladiator in any test whether it be high speed, climbing, rock crawling

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Then imagine the brush and trees are so tight anything too high will not go through without a chainsaw

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who gives a [bleep], that’s what they’re made for

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Even the creek beds are solid rock

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe I should just go UTV

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Even the creek beds are solid rock

Raptor or Fraptor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
The only time that I ever got my Tacoma stuck and it was my own fault. It was still new to me with sh1ty tires.

I was a few miles from the nearest paved road on a DNR truck trail/winter snowmobile trail late season grouse hunting and drove through the ice over a deep low point mud hole that had been covered with a dusting of snow making it appear level. It took several hours and popular saplings but I eventually unstuck it. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have owned countless 4x4s, and honestly, I think my Gladi Rubi with much higher clearance and front and rear lockers could go right through that. It might not get stuck over and over again, which apparently is the test, but I wouldn't get stuck in that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RIO7
You can get he best of both Worlds with A Gladiator, you can go were ever and pull a Taco, behind you. a Taco just won't cut it with hard use, we switched from Taco's to Gladiators in 2020 never looked back, now running 5 of them on the ranch. Rio7

In what world is buying a Dodge Dakota the best of anything?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Its not about going, its about going over and over and over again.

Imagine a road paved with half buried bowling balls every four inches, then imagine half the bowling balls were twice and three times the size of normal balls cept they have all kinda angles not smooth.

I am trying, but can't understand. The larger the obstacle, the more the Jeep will handle it--without question. Over and over again--I don't know what you mean. I have over 100,000 miles on my Jeeps without a single mechanical failure. i can't tell what you mean.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.