Print Thread
Hop To
L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I know this is the backpacking forum and the Gazelle T4 is not a backpacking tent, but does anyone have any experience with them? I’ve watched several YouTube videos and I’m interested in them. I have a Kodiak Canvas 10x14 and it’s great, but the Gazelle has piqued my interest.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, I have the T4 now and previously owned a 10x14 Kodiak.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
How has it held up for durability?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No complaints so far regarding durability. I've had it for several years and it's held up well. I've used it for family camping, truck based archery hunts, as a shelter for LR shooting sessions, and at the beach.

If there are strong winds, you need to use the tie out points for the side hubs or else they can collapse. Not a big deal, and that is how the tent folds and makes it so easy and convenient to set up.

I don't miss the Kodiak at all, but also have a XWT that is like a fortress. The T4 for milder conditions and XWT for bad weather is a good combo for me.

That stated, the Kodiak was a good all around tent but not as convenient as the T4 or as weatherproof as the XWT. When I bought the Kodiak it was quite awhile ago and there weren't many online reviews. I think they were still pretty new back then so I didn't have much to go off of except the Springbar information.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
What is the XWT tent I’m not familiar with it?

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Im pretty sure4th_point is referencing the cabelas xwt outfitter tents.

Ymmv

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jcubed is correct, the XWT from Cabela's.

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I’ll take a look at the XWT too. Really thinking about the T4, Amazon has it online for $298 looks like a good deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looked at the design, have to believe if you into any serious wind you would be in for a long night.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was on the beach at the Oregon coast (rarely calm!) and the windward side collapsed so I had to tie it out. This spring I was camped in the Columbia River Gorge, also known for being windy, and I just used my car to shelter it from the wind.

The Gazelle is basically an ice fishing shelter, with mesh windows. I'd imagine being on ice can get windy? That stated, if I am expecting really bad weather I will take a different tent.

The beauty to these hub tents is that you can set it up in roughly one minute. Pretty handy for family camping or if you change locations each evening. I know that these models were getting really popular with the "overland" community. And why bother with a rooftop tent, when you can setup a Gazelle in a minute? And walk inside instead of climbing a ladder or crawling through a sunroof.

Too bad there isn't a more appropriate sub-forum for this sort of topic.

IC B3

L
LBP Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I agree we need a camping gear sub-forum.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,067 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,729
Posts18,457,405
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.