Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
My latest from an auction, just won it.
Hear they are pretty accurate, will get it in about a week or so.
Will post a picture from site later.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very popular guns in olden times with folks that needed a bit more power than .22LR.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I owned one a few decades ago. Their accuracy reputation is well deserved, they perform well above their pay-grade.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it has 2 plug screws on left of receiver then the m22 mount from havlin sales and service is a great scope rail. Just bought one recently $32.50 shipped

Romans 5:1
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a couple of them, including one of the hard to find 640Ms. They offer a lot of accuracy potential per $ spent.

They are hard to mount a 1" scope on because of the short grooved area in front of the bolt and behind the ejection port. Havlin Sales sells the only base/rings set up for 1" scopes that works well without putting extra non-factory d&t holes in the rifle. Havlin's part number 274M for $38.

www.havlinsales.com or 636-937-6401

Vic and Cheryl are great people and very involved with the Mossberg Collectors group.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
They usually have horrible triggers, so be prepared for that. My cousin has one, he kills stuff with it around his farm.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
BKL sells a mount that will work on the short dovetails, they are a quality product that is inexpensive and works well. -

https://www.amazon.com/BKL-Cantilever-Clamping-Length-BKL-253-MB/dp/B005OU4AR0

I see that Amazon also has some cheaper Chinese knock-offs also, if I were buying I would stay with the BKL product though.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have an original Chuckster that my uncle bought somewhere about 1960 and passed on to me only a few yearslater. He was my mentor; taught me to chew tobacco, cuss, laugh at farts, to shoot bumblebees with a 22 and other needed life skills. Sadly, he died before he could introduce me to loose women.
Mine is pretty worn from a lot of hunting. Not something that would get a bid on GB.
It wore an old weaver j 2.5, until 260Remguy told me about that wonderful Havlin. Now it proudly wears a Leupold6x and shoots better than ever. Most accurate load used to be the yellow box Winchester HP. Now it's the Hornady followed closely by Winchester FMJ in the silver box.
Looking forward to some pictures and range and woods reports. Enjoy!
Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
They usually have horrible triggers, so be prepared for that. My cousin has one, he kills stuff with it around his farm.

Good point. Mine is excellent, only because I made it that way. Thank god Numerich had some in stock so I could practice on mine to get it just right. Looking forward to those pics the OP said he was going to post. I have mine set up with apertures front and back. I used it for informal target shooting, before I got my Winchester model 52B and savage MK2 target rifles. It sufficed and I choose to keep the irons on it..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fun to shoot, if you can afford the 22wmr ammo.. 640KD^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here is a pic from the site.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Please dont lose the magazine for that rifle.........

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Partsman
Here is a pic from the site.

Let us know how it shoots for you partsman. Mine really loves the 33gr remington accu tip loads. I've tried a bunch, but that is what it preferred. 5 shots into 3/8" at 50 yards on average.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think numrich has magazines, and triple K makes one, and some sites say there is a savage magazine that can be modified to work.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Partsman
I think numrich has magazines, and triple K makes one, and some sites say there is a savage magazine that can be modified to work.

For sure, shaking my head here.

You got magazines that are cheap and easy out there, but then again, you got guys out there that think they know everything. Ask me how I know. ha ha..

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (257 mag, 35, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 15 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,139
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.