Hop To
#17450754 07/23/22
C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I finally ordered a Gamo Urban so I could try a PCP on the cheap and I'm liking the gun!

I wanted a rifle with a small air tank so it would be pump friendly and wouldn't require a scuba tank or compressor.
(112 pumps from empty to full) I'll check how many pumps to top it off after 30 shots.

Light weight,6-3/4 lbs plus scope
5 year warranty
Decent accuracy so far, 1-1/2" at 30 yards with Crosman Premier 14.3gr while sitting. I've only shot 60 pellets so far... will test more tomorrow.
I scoped it with a Meuller 4.5-14 AO 30mm tube, left over from a 22 rimfire rifle.
I'll test it from a bench of course to see which pellet it prefers.

Ordered from the Gamo Store on Amazon $249 plus a cheap Chinese pump.

I've seen the name change Gamo Urban to Gamo Urban Fusion but I don't know if they're switching production from U.K. to Spain or what?
This one is U.K. with a hammer forged barrel, BSA maybe?

The trigger needs to be adjusted, It's squishy and the second stage is long and mushy but I'm not afraid to tinker a bit.
The air probe is set up for quick-couple connecting so no adapter is needed.

It's very quiet compared to my Diana 350N-Tech and even the TX200

It's a different machine than I'm used to but it may need to go squirrel and bunny hunting so I can really compare them.

I'll report more on accuracy as soon as I get some time from the bench.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
18 grain JSB are usually an accurate pellet.

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks Terry,
I'll have to look to see if I have the 18gr JSB. I have a bunch of the Crosman 14.3, some JSB Hades , H&N FTT, H&N Excite plinker flat front and a couple others.
The first priority is running to town for an M2.5mm x .45mm x 8mm screw to replace the trigger adjuster screw with one that allows more adjustment and a workable 2nd stage. Youtube guys have already figured this rifle out.

I took it out this morning after chores and before the heat cranked up and ran 30 H&N plinkers through it. It's fun!
I need to get the bipod out and the bench for some testing but the trigger first!

It's going to be a handy hunter but it doesn't feel like a classic heritage rifle to pass down to the next generation.
It certainly doesn't cost like one either...

It reminds me of a Ruger American or Savage 110, light, accurate, functional, fun and I won't be afraid to drag it through the woods.

Have a great weekend!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
colodog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Just an update on the Urban.
I had a slow leak that would drain the tank overnight so I checked you tube for the likely causes.
The usual suspect o-ring was bad on mine too so I did A minor surgery to replace the bad o-ring and it's back together. 15 minutes.

The trigger spring is a little too firm but replacing one screw made it much better in second stage.

So it's holding air and the trigger is improved, it was time for testing from a bench.

Between rain storms I tested the Crosman 14.3 and Predator GTO 11.75gr non-lead at 30 yards, 10 shot groups with each I could cover with a dime.

The GTO are very fast and the Crosman hit to the same point of aim so now I need to test all the other pellets and at a longer distance.

It's always fun to test out a new rifle, Shoot Straight!

Isak Dinesen

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good to hear you got it sorted out.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 713 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.