Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wine sucks TOTAL ass anyway

That would be easy

Coors light. That’d be tough. How the grass gonna mowed?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To the op

If you get into a bind and are within 5-6 lbs last 2-3 days.

Find some old fart with the beetus, had heart, or bad kidneys

Bum a few lasix, ferosemide, torsemide, htcz off of them.
Sure you’ll be a pinch a dizzy, and dehydrated. But that water weight can be pissed-out for the weigh in

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
So just in case, what’s your plan B?

Cutting hair, trimming nails, exfoliating the skin. Or maybe hacking off a limb. Lots of plan B options out there.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
By a coincidence, I started a weight loss program 5 weeks ago. I was 6-3 and 262 pounds. What a hog! I already was out walking 3 miles, 3 days a week. And riding the exercise bike at the gym, 30 minutes, 2 days a week.

I like carbs, and always eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Yesterday for lunch, a cup of black beans microwaved with 1 oz. of cheddar cheese, you would be hard pressed to find a more nutritious meal. Fiber, protein, B vitamins, and good, complex carbs. I do like meat, last night had a 12 oz. grilled ribeye.

To lose weight, I eliminated chocolate and sweet desserts, like ice cream or key lime pie, and Reeces Peanut Butter Cups. I love a damn Reeces, and they are nothing but fat and sugar. And the number one thing I did is to cut back on the booze. I was drinking 4 beers every evening, along with a glass or two of wine. That is about 700 calories every day, just from booze. I am Irish and we like to drink. Every 5 days, 3500 calories from booze, that turns in to one pound of fat every 5 days from booze.

I cut back to where I only drink 2 or 3 days a week.
I have been losing, at a nice steady pace, 2 pounds a week. I have lost 10 pounds, almost 11, in five weeks. I can feel my belly is smaller, and I feel more energetic when I go walking. I have a nice balance beam scale in the bathroom, it is a great thing to keep track of weight loss.

I am going to lose at least 20 more pounds. At 6-3 and 232 I will be in pretty good shape. Might go down to 222, just to see how that goes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Recognize that sugar/carbohydrates are an addictive substance.

If you are addicted, deal with that first, then follow a super low carb diet, eventually you will be at 1 meal a day and be within your BMI.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
11 years ago, when I was only 62, I took my son in law on a 75 mile hike which lasted ten or eleven days. We were carrying 80+ pounds on our backs and travelling over very rugged terrain. We ate oatmeal, along with whatever we could shoot or catch (grouse, whitefish, grayling, trout). My son in law started out at about 250 pounds and weighed 205 at the end. I started at 185 and dropped twenty pounds. So this is the answer; burn more calories than you take in. A lot more.
Those who remember basic training will recall how much weight some people (those who were carrying too much) lost during the process.
A one hour gym session doesn't burn enough extra to accomplish anything. Walking for an hour does little. Walking uphill with a heavy pack for an hour uses some energy.
My wife accuses me of doing things the hard way but doing that helps me to keep semi-fit; for my age. Embrace the exercise, I tell her. GD

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I was 6’4 265 in august of 2016. My wife and her friend convinced me to join a heavy cardio based group fitness gym. Workouts there change every day. By Christmas I was 225. After Christmas, I cut out the carbs and was 199 by 1/15. I was too skinny then. I got back to 205 and have stayed there and stayed at that gym 4-5x a week. It’s very possible to lose dramatic weight quickly and safely. Good luck

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Walking for an hour does little."
That is true. A 250 pound guy who walks for an hour on flat ground will burn about 500 calories. He would have to do that walk, every day for a week, to lose one pound of fat, 3500 calories.

Still, if you do that 3 days a week, you will lose close to a half pound of fat. Times 52 weeks, in one year, 3 miles a day and 3 days a week, you will burn up about 20 pounds of fat in a year. In the big picture walking is very beneficial. Some type of exercise, such as walking or bicycling, is crucial for a weight loss program.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Nebraska
In mid-June I decided to start eating healthier and ran across Dr Jason Fung's info on intermittent fasting. It made a ton of sense so I decided to give that technique a try (along with eating better food). My goal wasn't to loose weight quickly but I definitlely did. I weighed myself after 4 weeks and had lost 32 lbs. Initially I cut carbs but after listening to the "Whole 30" I have since started eating some fruit with my daily meal (berries, apple, bannana, etc.) as well. The crazy thing is I don't get hungry like I used to and feel I could go a lot longer between meals if I wanted or needed to do so. My memory and focus have improved a great deal as well which is a bonus!

I haven't weighed myself since but did lose another notch on the belt so I'm confident I've lost more weight since then. I was after a lifestyle change and not a number so I decided the only time I will step on a scale going forward will be when I visit my doctor for my yearly physical (which I have next week). Either way, I feel 100x better and am looking forward to seeing my progress for the 1st time in a long time!

This is definitely worth a watch if you're interested in getting healthy!

Weighed in at my physical today and I've lost 50 lbs in 68 days. I went from 303 to 253 with BP of 120/74. Waiting on the rest of my lab work but I'm sure it'll be light years better than where I was last year. I'm not shooting for any numbers so no stepping on scales, counting calories, etc. Just planning on getting healthier and staying that way through better nutrition and regular activity/exercise......good luck to anyone else doing the same!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I need to make a run to Dollar Gen this afternoon

We out of the clover brand knockoff GS Tagalongs.

Peanut butter dipped in choc cookies.

I keep them mfers in the freezer outside on the patio. Holy fugk, …. 3 and a Mtn Dew.

I know, I know….all you old phags like the thin mints.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
congrats

In mid-June I decided to start eating healthier and ran across Dr Jason Fung's info on intermittent fasting. It made a ton of sense so I decided to give that technique a try (along with eating better food). My goal wasn't to loose weight quickly but I definitlely did. I weighed myself after 4 weeks and had lost 32 lbs. Initially I cut carbs but after listening to the "Whole 30" I have since started eating some fruit with my daily meal (berries, apple, bannana, etc.) as well. The crazy thing is I don't get hungry like I used to and feel I could go a lot longer between meals if I wanted or needed to do so. My memory and focus have improved a great deal as well which is a bonus!

I haven't weighed myself since but did lose another notch on the belt so I'm confident I've lost more weight since then. I was after a lifestyle change and not a number so I decided the only time I will step on a scale going forward will be when I visit my doctor for my yearly physical (which I have next week). Either way, I feel 100x better and am looking forward to seeing my progress for the 1st time in a long time!

This is definitely worth a watch if you're interested in getting healthy!

Weighed in at my physical today and I've lost 50 lbs in 68 days. I went from 303 to 253 with BP of 120/74. Waiting on the rest of my lab work but I'm sure it'll be light years better than where I was last year. I'm not shooting for any numbers so no stepping on scales, counting calories, etc. Just planning on getting healthier and staying that way through better nutrition and regular activity/exercise......good luck to anyone else doing the same!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
30 grams of net carbs per day, 100 ounces of water. You can do this.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bicycling can be a very good calorie burning exercise that is generally gentle on the joints. This calculator can give an estimate of calories burned. I burned about 2500 calories on my ride yesterday.

https://caloriesburnedhq.com/calories-burned-biking/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did 30 in 30 many years ago, one light meal a day and a snack of air popped popcorn with nothing added. And water only and lots of it. Running and weight lifting

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Gents:

Pursuing an upgraded LEO gig in a different state from my last one, but need to lose 40 lbs in 60 days. That and pass the PAT (which I aced a couple years ago).

Other than starve, any suggestions? I'm motivated: This is a plan A item for me with no desirable alternatives. I have discipline, so with a good plan can execute.

Recommendations?

I'm on IF .... first time in my life dieting at my age.

I've lost 30 pounds in 40 days and everyone around here are amazed. I can't see it but they all can.

I started when I got back from Michigan after the annual 4th of July vacation at Devil's Lake.

It's been easy peazy plus little rooster is all hyped-up and working like a champ again. The wife loves it ... she's ten years younger than me.

Here's my trick.

I downloaded this app call Fasting Tracker on my phone, bought-in to the premium version for $6.99 a year. I answered the questions honestly and started fasting. I'm serious, it works.

Also watch Dr Eric Berg videos on YouTube and Dr Jason Fung.

Trust me. It works. I feel great and I'm halfway there. Now, I'm a big boy ... 6'4"ish with size 17 feet and hands the size of a catcher's mitt. So I carried 280 pretty easy even at my age. But I'm shooting for 220. Wanna see my grandkids get married one day.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't get calories from liquids. Liquid calories count the same as calories from solids, but do not contribute to satisfying hunger the same.

Consider a grazing eating style if you tend to get hungry between meals and have a tendency to gorge as a consequence.

B
Blu_Cs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Well I'm doing the following:

Keto diet. Strict. Zero sugars, not even fruit. Zero alcohol. Zero carbs. Zero processed food (well, except the splash of hot sauce!). Liquids: Water, coffee and sparkling water like LaCroix. One a day type vitamins.

Intermittent fasting. 20 hours fast and 4 hours feeding window. One meal, plus a little snack (like a salad or small piece of cheese).

Exercise: Walk an hour, or bicycle about 45 minutes (mountain bike). Then push ups, sit ups as many as I can: These two are a metric I will be tested on.

Its been about a week, and I can't tell if I've lost any weight yet. Need to get a decent scale to start measuring daily. Figure I'll lose the weight whether or not I weigh myself.

Funny thing I now don't feel very hungry at all even 18-20 hours into the fast period, so something is working. Previously I was hungry at "meal times", and snacked between meals.

This has been quite an education, thanks everyone for their tips. I'll report when I have some results to show.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Its been about a week, and I can't tell if I've lost any weight yet. Need to get a decent scale to start measuring daily. Figure I'll lose the weight whether or not I weigh myself.

Get a scale TOMORROW. There is nothing else that motivates like positive feedback. Get a scale!

Funny thing I now don't feel very hungry at all even 18-20 hours into the fast period, so something is working. Previously I was hungry at "meal times", and snacked between meals.

This has been quite an education, thanks everyone for their tips. I'll report when I have some results to show.

Yup we eat too much, too often. Then the body gets used to it, telling us we are hungry, even when we don't need to eat.

Keep at it!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
its the low carbs causing lack of hunger

Keto diet. Strict. Zero sugars, not even fruit. Zero alcohol. Zero carbs. Zero processed food (well, except the splash of hot sauce!). Liquids: Water, coffee and sparkling water like LaCroix. One a day type vitamins.

Intermittent fasting. 20 hours fast and 4 hours feeding window. One meal, plus a little snack (like a salad or small piece of cheese).

Exercise: Walk an hour, or bicycle about 45 minutes (mountain bike). Then push ups, sit ups as many as I can: These two are a metric I will be tested on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I recently went on Keto, not as strict as you, and lost 5# the first week with way less exercise, basically just walking on a treadmill. You will be surprised how much you have already lost.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.