Print Thread
Hop To
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
My 452 V is about as good in all aspects as I could ask with one exception. Iffy ejection. Anybody know these actions? Tricks, tunes?

It occasionally wants to roll an empty case back & to the left instead of spitting it out. Not sure the extractor is holding too much or hanging up or the ejector could use some tweaking. I usually dive right into something like this but the rifle feeds & extracts far to well to be messed with when not knowing the system.

GB1

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Didn't think Rimfire central would let me search without being a member, but I could. Saw it was a common problem & might have found a possible fix.

But if anybody has info I'd welcome it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
yep goto rimfire central to the sub forum for CZ's. there is a fix that involves shimming the ejector with coke can aluminum. my 452 american does the same thing. i'll give her a scrub with a toothbrush and solvent to the extractor ait helps a bit but i haven't done the pop can shim as of yet. those that have claim well worth the effort. my 455 ejects waaaay better than my 452's btw.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My 452 American does the same thing.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Pulled both extractors today & cleaned it all up. Then stoned both sides of each. The left one had a obvious flaw in the hook, as per instructions from CZ shown on RFC. I was happy to see that as it was an obvious culprit. Stoned on it some, lubed & reassembled.

Testing was unsatisfactory, or showed no improvement. My extractors seem to be in spec, the actual ejector is milled into the receiver as far as I can tell, & very hard to get to if I was inclined to make mods. I stopped for now.

Damned accurate gun, sent a tweaked 10/22 target down the road the first week I had it. Got the trigger good, pretty wood, goofy scope rails but have dealt with. But the ejection is frustrating, especially when ya got a great 4 shot group @ 50 & ya have to break concentration to fish out an empty hull.

Shimming the ejector? It's fixed into the action. I'm lost on this. More reading needed I guess, but thanks guys.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
What kind of scope do you have on the 452? I have had minor ejection issues when using scopes with target knobs, the empty case hits the windage knob and bounces back in, but the scopes without the larger knobs work fine. No issues.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I thought about that RS but not the issue with my gun. When it screws up the case never makes it the he windage cap.

But I appreciate the suggestion.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunzo
Pulled both extractors today & cleaned it all up. Then stoned both sides of each. The left one had a obvious flaw in the hook, as per instructions from CZ shown on RFC. I was happy to see that as it was an obvious culprit. Stoned on it some, lubed & reassembled.

Testing was unsatisfactory, or showed no improvement. My extractors seem to be in spec, the actual ejector is milled into the receiver as far as I can tell, & very hard to get to if I was inclined to make mods. I stopped for now.

Damned accurate gun, sent a tweaked 10/22 target down the road the first week I had it. Got the trigger good, pretty wood, goofy scope rails but have dealt with. But the ejection is frustrating, especially when ya got a great 4 shot group @ 50 & ya have to break concentration to fish out an empty hull.

Shimming the ejector? It's fixed into the action. I'm lost on this. More reading needed I guess, but thanks guys.

That sure the hell would suck balls. Especially if you are doing a head to head match with someone. No bueno. Hopefully there is a better fix than using a coke can as a shim. Good luck with it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,884
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.