Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My wife is recovering from a number of surgeries over the past8 months and isn't allowed to bend over lift anything or exert herself. So I spend the noon hour and evenings watching TV with her and we got hooked on "Silent Witness". In one episode they said that while cases, powder, primers, and bullets were available for a 9mm assembling them was illegal. They called what we refer to as a "Seating die" a "Gripping die". Is this TV hokum or are there comments on the up and up.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
“Bullet heads” on a loading supplies shop…..😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O

Last edited by OttoG; 02/10/24.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
TV hookum

You can have the components and assemble for any cartridge you have a licence for

You can have the components for anything but can’t assemble with no licence. As a result of some criminal behaviour this is being tightened with a new offence if someone ‘intends’ to assemble ammunition with no licence for that cartridge.

This is In the UK you can own obsolete firearms with no licence. (Obsolete meaning no ammo available eg 44Webley)There have been a number of cases where criminals have bought obsolete pistols, reloaded ammunition and shot people including killing a cop.

Bullet ‘heads’ makes most people scream but it’s here to stay or

Hi I want to buy some 243 bullets

We have federal

No I want bullets

Oh you mean heads

You cannot reload anything in the Republic of Ireland (🇮🇪 Eire)

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by UpThePole

I didn’t see any powder or primers listed for sale. Dies and pressses don’t go far with out them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no clue as to how to answer the OP’s question, but can confidentially say English laws regarding firearms and ammunition are Biden level retarded.

After hunting there and borrowing a rifle/ammo, my guide asked me multiple times to check all my pockets for any loose rounds before he dropped me off in London. He said that he, let alone I, could get in a lot of trouble if I went through security at Heathrow with a live round.

Their knife laws are equally as dumb.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the regulars on The Fieldsports Channel handloads. He’s obviously pretty well off but I don’t know how common it is amongst the rabble.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I ... can confidentially say English laws regarding firearms and ammunition are Biden level retarded.

Your secret is safe with us.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He said that he, let alone I, could get in a lot of trouble if I went through security at Heathrow with a live round.

I use to live remote in AK as a kid, I went back to AZ one time for family. When I got home after many flights, I had 4 458 510 gr soft points in my back pocket of my jeans.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by smallfry
He said that he, let alone I, could get in a lot of trouble if I went through security at Heathrow with a live round.

I use to live remote in AK as a kid, I went back to AZ one time for family. When I got home after many flights, I had 4 458 510 gr soft points in my back pocket of my jeans.
I had to swap flights in Aniak in the early 2000s. Was in a hurry. Didn't realize until we were in the air, commercial jet, that I had a loaded 329PD under my bibs. Sweated it all the way to Anchorage and was very happy to get into the airport past the security area and get that thing cleared to fly the rest of the way.
LOL.

I like the charter flights as I fly with a loaded handgun all the time on them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OttoG
TV hookum

You can have the components and assemble for any cartridge you have a licence for

You can have the components for anything but can’t assemble with no licence. As a result of some criminal behaviour this is being tightened with a new offence if someone ‘intends’ to assemble ammunition with no licence for that cartridge.

This is In the UK you can own obsolete firearms with no licence. (Obsolete meaning no ammo available eg 44Webley)There have been a number of cases where criminals have bought obsolete pistols, reloaded ammunition and shot people including killing a cop.

Bullet ‘heads’ makes most people scream but it’s here to stay or

Hi I want to buy some 243 bullets

We have federal

No I want bullets

Oh you mean heads

You cannot reload anything in the Republic of Ireland (🇮🇪 Eire)

License to reload. Ugh. Each caliber UGH UGH. Can't reload at all. Communism full on.

I feel for you people with those draconian laws. We are one day closer to having the same stuff over here. I pray we stand our ground hard and firm. We are the last bastion.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by smallfry

I had to swap flights in Aniak in the early 2000s. Was in a hurry. Didn't realize until we were in the air, commercial jet, that I had a loaded 329PD under my bibs. Sweated it all the way to Anchorage and was very happy to get into the airport past the security area and get that thing cleared to fly the rest of the way.
LOL.

I like the charter flights as I fly with a loaded handgun all the time on them.

I’ve flown twice that I can think of recently where I didn’t realize until in the air that I had knives in my carry on, that weren’t caught and a number of live rounds that made it through TSA too. Never a gun though…

I did forget about a 7 round .45 ACP magazine one time that did get flagged…I am still on the no go list for TSA pre-check for that one. Luckily it was in podunk Wyoming and they made me put it out in my vehicle instead of confiscating it. They still did the official TSA paperwork though.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I flew all the time with a small knife. TSA only found it one time in Fairbanks. Guy was good at looking. Thats probably been since about 2012

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I flew all the time with a small knife. TSA only found it one time in Fairbanks. Guy was good at looking. Thats probably been since about 2012
Good stories gents!
I had something similar happen. I fly a lot every year approximately 100 to 160 flights a year. My dad bought a dozen or so little folding blade knives from Cabela’s or bass pro shops and he threw one in one of my travel bags. Happen to be in a small airport and they kept running my bag through security and looking through it. Finally, they pulled one of those little plastic handled knives out and we’re very serious and said “I found this!” I said “congratulations throw it away. It’s probably been on 60 flights. You win.”Lol.

Last edited by smallfry; 02/13/24.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
License to reload. Ugh. Each caliber UGH UGH. Can't reload at all. Communism full on.

I feel for you people with those draconian laws. We are one day closer to having the same stuff over here. I pray we stand our ground hard and firm. We are the last bastion.

We all have our crosses to bear

Can’t turn an action that was a rifle into a pistol? UGH Tags, draws, points UGH

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OttoG

We all have our crosses to bear

Can’t turn an action that was a rifle into a pistol? UGH Tags, draws, points UGH
Yup. Glad we are where we are. Wish we were better. Cannot fathom dealing with draconian stuff like others. I suppose born and raised and knowing no better you kind of are used to it.

I often wonder if I would read, and say you know what I'm moving to a better place. I dont think I'd have the gumption when I was younger. May not have it now either. I would hope I would.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think part of the problem with "draconian" laws is the mentality of the industry.
Last time I was in the UK was in the '90's. I went into a "sporting" shop in London, and looked at the long guns. I asked the shop keeper if he had any handguns. He said "No, handguns are only good for killing people." "Only criminals want handguns." I did not engage in a debate, but left the shop thinking that this is why they have the laws that they have!

Some is Good---More is Better----Too Much is Just Right
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Industry. Interesting. Maybe the dealers. But not the industry I can't see it.

There is no real issue with handguns and all their positive uses here in the USA for the most part. Besides I definitely want something that can kill people. I hope to never need em but if I do... Although I prefer to be able to defend with something better than a handgun... not that they have a clue over there.

Its in the mentality of the government.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Cowboybart
"No, handguns are only good for killing people." "Only criminals want handguns."

Everybody knows that a long gun will refuse to fire if you point it at somebody, right? No wonder the Brits lost the Revolution- - - -their guns wouldn't shoot at those patriotic Americans!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,364
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.