Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Fugg them and their system.

Why is that?

I don't want them to know the GPS coordinates of where I hunt. Screw the government.

LOL
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Copy. I hear you....

Do you take the GPS coordinates off the photos you post on this site so people don't know where you live?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Copy. I hear you....

Do you take the GPS coordinates off the photos you post on this site so people don't know where you live?

I do remember that kerfuffle on the forum a few years ago and at that time I did. Don't know if it's still active.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Missouri has the e-tag

It's as easy as it gets.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I don't have a cell phone so will keep using the paper tag for as long as I can. This is Monatana's first year with it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Montana paper tags are a joke. What is stopping someone from printing out more than one copy of their license and tags?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looking forward to ak going to an e tag system.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The Montana paper tags are a joke. What is stopping someone from printing out more than one copy of their license and tags?
Same here and plenty do it. You used to have a document on special paper and now you have printer paper with a bar code go figure what they were thinking. The state claimed they would save a couple million a year.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Same here and plenty do it. You used to have a document on special paper and now you have printer paper with a bar code go figure what they were thinking. The state claimed they would save a couple million a year.

I think it was the first year they had those stupid paper tags, I forgot and left mine on the antlers when I was boiling the skull to do a Euro mount. That tag didn't make it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That sucks

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Oregon system gives you the option of simply picking the unit name from a scroll down chart or the “gps” method of harvest reporting. I pick Rogue Unit and don't give the gps site.

I tried to tag a turkey one evening and it wouldn’t take. I called in the morning and they tagged it for me through their system - I found out that I needed to update my app and re-sink (sp) and that fixed the problem.

On a recent fishing trip I left my phone at home!
I knew my password and was able to access my information on my friend’s phone and use it to tag my salmon.

That was a good save - may think about carrying your password in you wallet or have it in your car, pack, whatever.

Having to physically paper tag game I’ve already electronically tagged is a pita and wholly stupid in my opinion…..

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are 100% right. This is horrible. Everyone should stop applying for tags in AZ. That would be a good way to protest this and would send a clear message to AZGFD.
Power to the people.
Rex

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, absolutely!

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ehunter
Oregon tags are also on line although you can print out a paper tag I miss the old cut your tag.

Still have them up here. You can download and print them at home, cut them when you kill. Mandatory, the last, then a mandatory on-line report (mail-ins were "lost", "unreadable", etc)....within whatever time period they specify, or you are banned for permits for a year.

And yes, twice my mail-ins were "lost" (Probably a Friday night "let's round file and go have a drink" deal, IMO ), but I had "return receipt required", after the first, so I guess that makes 3. smile. Or it could have been USPS/ anti-hunter... (Let's round-file this Bambi-killer and go have drink".)

I'm sure they'll come up with at least one more "convenient" (for who?), addition soon. I do like the on-line stuff tho. You get an immediate receipt.

Last edited by las; 10/03/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Looking forward to ak going to an e tag system.

fu ck that sh it ..... go ahead bend over and spread em already !

the incompetent jokers at ADF&G don't need to know everything the second it happens with gps locations, or even 30 days later with closest drainage for location, they need to stay tf out of our lives

this is how you lose your hunting seasons, all the shyte they'll dream up to restrict more areas or turn them into draw tag areas

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,207
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.