Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I especially love the matches when Jade Struck is competing!

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm still shooting 3-gun and I like it. I've never damaged any of my guns. Sounds like a troll or sour grapes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by SCRooster
So I've never understood the methodology behind it but ...

If you had to fight your way through your house, which one would you grab first, second and third?
It is about being proficient with all three.

Copy that and that's my point.

Proficient with all three is what most of us are I assume. Us military guys are proficient with any AR platform .... well, Infantry is, SpecOps are, etc.

And everyone claims to be proficient with their sidearm of choice.

Very few are truly proficient with a shotgun. Especially some of the cowboys thinking they can go-to-town with a jacked-up pump in a MOUT scenario.

Three gun doesn't teach actual real world transitioning from one platform to the next imho. I tried it, I was proficient at it but all the guys who took it seriously and consistently scored Top 5, even at my level, were tuned to a specific routine and if you threw a wrench in their gears they would have major hiccups. None of them could fight in a house because everything was/is concealment to them and moving laterally. There's no heel-toe heel-toe forward fighting and advancing in the sport imho. It does force one to run stations and transition to some degree although without your weapon from station to station. It does teach one to value target selection to some degree but it's all left-to-right and right-to-left flow with very little depth for any single weapon.

IPSC and IDPA are better courses the way they're set-up because most people are going to grab their pistol in the house, first ... some of us might use it to fight our way to our shotguns, in the house (I would because I've practiced that way) and even fewer would know wtf to-do in an actual carbine fight in a MOUT environment indoors OR in the yard or on the street. And three-gun doesn't strengthen that proficiency in any way. None.

I've always thought, imho, a new division and class structure should-be built around actual real world scenarios. People have tried it on local levels and it works ... but no sponsor wants to pick it up and sponsor it because it teaches aggressive, alpha, attack attack attack $#!+ ... and that's too mean for sponsors.

It's pathetic what they've turned the circuit into and that's why I got out of it. Does that mean I'm demeaning the skills of some pf the pros? Hell no. Their muscle memory alone means they'd win in a house or street fight 9 out of 10 times, regardless of the flash bang issues, because they can shoot and move laterally AND vertically and their heel-toe and hand-and-eye skills are like they're skating on glass. But the local and regional circuits, especially three-gun with their race guns and extended mag tubs and tube fed reloads .... it's not real world. And the number of rounds spent playing that game is obscene imho.

Long rant off/

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I shot IPSC for ten years and shot with some really good shooter's my dad being one, I never got as serious about it as they did. I learned a lot from them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I can shoot a pistol better than some can shoot a rifle. Just not as fast as I once was. Good with a rifle and shotgun also, but pistoles are what I liked shooting.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I shot IPSC for about 20 years and was a range officer , it is practical shooting. Shot in the Bianchi cup shotgun event one year. Banged up some gear but never trashed a gun

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jackmountain
...If I ever get that bored I’m stepping out in front of a bus.

- - Can I Drive?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

368 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 1,700 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.