Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Sig P322 looks interesting but I cannot find one. Has anyone tried one yet?

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Been trying to find one myself . Couple of local shops say they’ve been getting but haven’t found one yet. I have one on order .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My local Dunhams had one just after they were announced.

It's incredibly lightweight but I can't comment on the trigger since they put trigger locks on everything.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The local Dunham’s here Have had a few but I’ve just missed them .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got about 300 rounds through mine. Feels good in hand. Sights are okay if you like lots of fiber optic dots; I would have preferred just the front sight with F/O, but I can live with them. (The sights look pretty fragile - they're plastic - and the rear sight adjustment is kind of wonky.)

I would have preferred a threaded barrel with a thread cover, but the threaded adapter works okay. (About half the rounds have been suppressed.)

The trigger has a really long reset, but otherwise it's okay...... Until you remember that it's not a striker-fired gun, but a hammer-fired single action; so the trigger isn't really that great.

The twenty round mag capacity is nice, but you better pay close attention to loading them (watch the Phil Strader video) or you WILL have feeding issues.

Accuracy is acceptable. Not as good as my Ruger 22/45, or Colt Huntsman, or certainly not my Model 41; but I haven't tried more than three different ammo types (CCI Std Vel, Fed Auto Match, PMC Target). We'll see if there's something it likes better.

I was going to run it with a RDS, but I think I'll play with it a little more and then send it down the road. If I didn't already have several .22 pistols and revolvers, I'd probably be more enamored with the P322. As it is, it's kind of a "meh" gun (to me).

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Picked up mine today. I like it. The fiber Optics are superbly easy to shoot. No malfunctions and handles well. The controls are all accessible. Will do some more testing this afternoon....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I’ve got 100 rounds through mine so far with no hiccups. I like it much better than the Glock 44 I had.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks for the replies. I am glad to know that the P322 is available. The ones that I have seen offered have been way over priced. I am still looking.

Last edited by kandpand; 07/29/22.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Mine ran $399+ tax have 250 rds thru it. Attn. To detail when refilling the magazines is very important...mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 07/30/22.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Mine ran $399+ tax have 250 rds thru it. Attn. To detail when refilling the magazines is very important...mb

The $399 is what I am looking for. I think that is the MSRP.

-Fred Bear
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well I've heard that some have paid up to 700 for the same. Not part of my buying strategy. The demand is so high on them though your not going to get a discount either. I checked out the Taurus TX at 309 and a Glock 44 at 389. The sig was the one for me it's alot of fun shooting it..mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 07/31/22.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well I've heard that some have paid up to 700 for the same. Not part of my buying strategy. The demand is so high on them though your not going to get a discount either. I checked out the Taurus TX at 309 and a Glock 44 at 389. The sig was the one for me it's alot of fun shooting it..mb

I am not in a hurry so I will wait to find one at $399

Glad that you are enjoying yours.

-Fred Bear
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Got an email notification that the Sig P322 was back in stock at Sportsman’s Warehouse ($399), but by the time I completed the online order, they were out of stock again.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have been impatiently waiting for the Sig P322 to come back in stock at Sporty's, but found one in stock at a local gun shop. I picked it up for $425, so no more waiting! The shop had some extra mags in stock, as well, so I snagged two more at the time of purchase.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's light, really light! It's lighter than my Ruger composite 22/45 with the Pac-lite on it.

The trigger surprised me, and it's better than expected. It has less take-up than a striker-fired pistol, and it breaks pretty clean. It has a little creep, but it's not spongy.

Loading the magazine takes a little getting used to. You can't just run the follower down and drop the rounds in. You need to move the follower down only far enough to allow a round to slide in, otherwise they stack funny in all that wiggle room in the double-wide section of the magazine. If 20 ain't enough, I see that there are 25-rounders available, or they will soon to be available.

I'm bummed that the Trijicon RMRcc I already have on hand doesn't directly mount to the slide, and I can't seem to find an adapter plate for it. So, I ordered up a Sig Romeo Zero. I've read mixed reviews on the Zero, so I've got my fingers crossed that it's decent. If the Zero sucks, a Holosun 407k or 507k will bolt right up. Still pissed about the Trijicon, though!

It shoots well and digested everything I fed it, without complaint. My eyes don't do as well as they used to with iron sights, so I'm anxious to see how its accuracy compares to my Ruger and Buckmark, after I get a dot on it.

It fits in well with its rimfire siblings:

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice! Seems like it would make a good trainer pistol.

Now with even more aplomb
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I picked on up a few weeks ago from my LGS. $425. I ordered a Crimson Trace RAD Pro green dot for it as it bolts straight onto the slide with no adapter plate. I saw it on Plinkster22 YouTube video and decided to duplicate his setup. I haven’t shot it yet, that will happen this weekend. I like the feel of the grip and the am I safety, same setup as my p365 EDC piece. Figure it will be good cheap practice.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I had been looking for one since they came out and happened to check Academy's website last Friday morning. They had 2, the guy at the counter said these were the first ones they had received. I left with one for $399.99 + 7% tax. FYI... Just Checked Flowood, MS Academy and they have 1 there now.

Got to shoot it last weekend suppressed (Bowers USS22) and had a few hiccups with a couple FTE. I think it was me not paying close enough attention to the way the mags were being loaded. I used CCI Standard Velocity and Norma TAC22. I'm sure a higher velocity round would probably be better but it was quiet, functioned well, and was very accurate. I added a Sig Romeo Zero with the 3 MOA Dot this week but have not fired it with the optic yet.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Update on mine - shot it over the weekend. Absolutely love it! 100% reliable running suppressed with CCi “Clean 22” sub-sonic 1070fps polymer coated bullets. Really liking the Crimson Trace RAD green dot sight. My police buddy who shoots a lot with a red dot equipped pistol shot it and put a few rounds into 1/2” at 10 yards.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A P322 showed up at our last Basic Pistol course. Felt good. Checks off alot of feature boxes, as with most Sig stuff. But it did not cycle as reliably as the G44s. We were using CCI Blazer, which runs autos well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
It's light, really light! It's lighter than my Ruger composite 22/45 with the Pac-lite on it.

Dan,

What mount are you using for the RDS on your Pac-Lite?

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 708 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.