Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
There is a place and time for the citizens to take up arms against their government.

The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Every citizen of an occupied nation was right to combat the new German government.

But only a lunatic would advocate initiating combat against US Armed Forces simply because his views are becoming unpopular among the population at large.

A repeal of the 2'nd will not happen this year or next. My personal prediction is, the 2'nd Amendment might have another fifty years left in it.

But as more lunatics squawk about armed insurrection, the 2'nd amendment becomes less and less popular.

The 18'th Amendment was presented by Congress on 12-18-1917. It was ratified and became law less than 13 months later on 1-16-1919.

The 21'st Amendment, to repeal the 18'th, was presented 2-20-1933. And ratified less than ten months later on 12-5-1933.

Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
And a war will ensue.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
We ain’t going to Make It Passed Mr. Pudd’n ..

If That’s not clear to everyone by Now just keep your Head Up Your Ass that way it won’t see it Cum’n..

They Know .. That We Know .. This for all the Marbles ..

The Slide Show Ends One Way or Another..

Smok’n if Got Um..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The Jews had every moral right to fight for their lives in Europe when the Nazis were slaughtering them by the millions.

Congrats, you got a square.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It takes 38 states to enact an amendment. It only takes 12 small red states to block it. That applies whether it's passed by congress or by a convention of the states.
The Equal Rights Amend failed to get enough states before the deadline set by congress. Several states have approved it since the deadline to get it over the 38 but it's a dead issue unless congress tries again. Idaho initially passed it before really looking at it. Then they voted to rescind the vote. Some from liberal states say a state can't change it's mind but the constitution doesn't say that.
If repealing the 2d ever gets into congress, you can bet that they won't set a deadline this time. They'll keep alive for 100 years if necessary.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The country doesn't have 50 years left in it as we know it and we'll all be dead before then. But thanks for the Debbie Downer post of the day!

The chances they come, and the chances they go.
But the time. You don't get that back.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Who’s advocating initiating combat against the US Armed Forces?

Got any references to support your assertion that the 2nd amendment is losing popularity? After Heller and New York, firearms liberties are at the highest level they’ve been since Jefferson was President.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn't it be refreshing if think, think, think took place before talk, talk, talk?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just for arguments sake, say they overturn the 2nd amendment....then what are they going to do?

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Wouldn't it be refreshing if think, think, think took place before talk, talk, talk?

Those who know the least know it the loudest.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007

Got any references to support your assertion that the 2nd amendment is losing popularity? After Heller and New York, firearms liberties are at the highest level they’ve been since Jefferson was President.
Read between the lines of the 2'nd and 3'rd post in this thread. And a whole lot more on this august forum.

Give our media and school system another twenty years of indoctrination. Let 90% of the guys participating on this forum, and others like it, die. Then you can poll the remaining Americans and see just how important they judge the 2'nd in its current form.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by sactoller
Just for arguments sake, say they overturn the 2nd amendment....then what are they going to do?
The same thing the liberal scum did in every other nation on Earth after they outlawed private ownership of weapons.

They killed those who did not comply. And those who did not own weapons, or did comply said they had it coming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The same thing the liberal scum did in every other nation on Earth after they outlawed private ownership of weapons.

They killed those who did not comply. And those who did not own weapons, or did comply said they had it coming.

I doubt they would be able to carry that out...like they did in days past.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Why not?

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Why not?

Gun owners tend to be more in touch with history than non-gun owners. Just my opinion. I’m not giving them up. Are you?

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Congrats, you got a square.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Speaking of lunatic fringe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Why not?

I am not going to the gallows without a fight, are you?

Communication is better, faster today then back then. (Even with the crap on social media)

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bbassi
The country doesn't have 50 years left in it as we know it and we'll all be dead before then. But thanks for the Debbie Downer post of the day!

Our once great nation, our Constitutional Republic, is rotting from within. Just like every other great and small nation has throughout history.

From. Within.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There is a place and time for the citizens to take up arms against their government.

Every citizen of an occupied nation was right to combat the new German government.

But only a lunatic would advocate initiating combat against US Armed Forces simply because his views are becoming unpopular among the population at large.

A repeal of the 2'nd will not happen this year or next. My personal prediction is, the 2'nd Amendment might have another fifty years left in it.

But as more lunatics squawk about armed insurrection, the 2'nd amendment becomes less and less popular.

The 18'th Amendment was presented by Congress on 12-18-1917. It was ratified and became law less than 13 months later on 1-16-1919.

The 21'st Amendment, to repeal the 18'th, was presented 2-20-1933. And ratified less than ten months later on 12-5-1933.

Once the tide of public opinion has turned among the majority of American voters. It might take less than a year to repeal the 2'nd Amendment.
So you are all Patriotic now after advocating for lock downs and jab mandates ? GTFOH

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JohnnyMac007

The armed forces all vowed to uphold the constitution.Shooting at or disarming the citizenry isn't going to fly with them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.