Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
BP-B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Dang it !!! Thought they were a steal when they were 20% more.

So far they've gotten decent reviews too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
A buddy of mine just bought one, OTD, for $314 at Ky Gun Co. He already has the 9mm version and liked it so much that he went back and bought the .45 (he already has a lot of 1911s, too) He said he bought it to use with his Colt Conversion Unit (.22LR). Since he has several other 1911s, he's happy to have one he can dedicate to his Conversion Unit.

Since he bought that Tisas 9mm 1911, it's all he carries now. He flat-out LOVES that thing.

I feel the same way about my various Springfield 9mm 1911s, they are fun to shoot and easier on the hands (and wallets) than .45s. I still think the .38 Supers are even better than the 9mms, but I can't complain at all about the 9s, either. His eyes are still good enough to use GI style sights, mine are not, that's why I went with Springfields, which come with much better sights and other niceties. I still like my .45s, but I don't shoot them nearly as much as the 9mms or Supers. I have more .45s than .35s, but I like them all.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Only an idiot would buy anything but a Bul Armory. I read that right here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I JUST got one. Paid a little more than that $319, but that's alright.

When I got it, I commenced to taking it apart. I like to have NEVER driven out the mainspring housing pin. Holy crap. They had to have pressed it in with a two ton press. No way it was put in by hand. It was really tight. Pin slightly too big, or hole slightly too small, one or the other. Only a thousandth, maybe, but it was enough. I finally got it out, but scratched the frame in the process... dammit. Lightly filed and sanded down the pin and sanded out the hole in the housing, and now it works like it oughta.

Also... the thing bites me. My other A1's have given me no problem, but the particular shape of the safety and the shape of the hammer just make it bite my hand. So... I broke down and ordered a Wilson Combat drop in beavertail safety and a commander hammer. Might as well finally move up to 1970's technology.

I also had ordered a long trigger, but the damn thing came assembled upside down! Grrr.... back it goes.

Anyway, the dang gun looks and feels quite well made. I am well pleased with that, and I am extremely particular about such things. It shoots VERY nicely, and the sights are dead on... though I can barely see them. Gonna get the paint treatment.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would think that most people that buy this model 1911 are doing so to have a nice cheap replica, not to add a bunch of aftermarket parts. At least that was why I bought one a couple years ago.
And if you’ve never taken a 1911 apart before I recommend watching a video or at least read some directions.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Idiots

Laughing

Hint

6'2"

Just turned 68 years old.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Amazing price. Close to as low as I paid for mine when the GI model first hit the US market.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gibby
Idiots

Laughing

Hint

6'2"

Just turned 68 years old.
🤦

🍺🥃🍸>>>🥴?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shootem

That is very nice offer.🇹🇷
Historically strong Turkish State has been counterbalance against Russia. Another reason to support them by buying their products.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Is this one made by Tisas? I couldn't find that info in the link, and the pistol has a few different details than the Tisas review videos I've seen.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gzig5
Is this one made by Tisas? I couldn't find that info in the link, and the pistol has a few different details than the Tisas review videos I've seen.
SDS Imports imports Tisas 1911 pistols, so almost certainly, yes.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There are the "regular" Tisas "US Army" and "Service" models, and then there are the "blems" which are being sold at the cut-rate prices you're seeing now. Apparently, the Parkerizing isn't "taking" the same on various slides and frames, causing some appearance blemishes, which is why the prices on some of these pistols are so low. They are clearing out whatever demand will allow right now, and demand is pretty high.

Tisas also has "Duty" and "Carry" versions in stainless and Cerakoate, with better sights, beavertails, some with rails and some without rails, that cost a fair amount more.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Amazing price. Close to as low as I paid for mine when the GI model first hit the US market.

Yep. I paid either $279 or $289 for mine when they came out.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/31/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
There are the "regular" Tisas "US Army" and "Service" models, and then there are the "blems" which are being sold at the cut-rate prices you're seeing now. Apparently, the Parkerizing isn't "taking" the same on various slides and frames, causing some appearance blemishes, which is why the prices on some of these pistols are so low. They are clearing out whatever demand will allow right now, and demand is pretty high.

Tisas also has "Duty" and "Carry" versions in stainless and Cerakoate, with better sights, beavertails, some with rails and some without rails, that cost a fair amount more.

The add says these have the black cerakote finish:

“ Made in Turkey, the SDS Imports 1911A1 Service model is a reproduction of the original US Military service pistol with some modern upgrades. This particular model features a black cerakote finishHowever, in every other way, including the hammer-forged barrel and original weight, this pistol replicates the original Military issue.45 Government model at a fraction of the price. The pistol features all-steel construction on the frame and slide with a 5″ hammer-forged barrel. It also features a cock and lock and grip safety, just like the original. Comes complete with one 8 round mag, cleaning brush, and manual in factory box.”

I believe the original offering 1911-A1 models like TRH and I bought have a parkerized finish.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/31/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I believe the original offering 1911-A1 models like TRH and I bought have a parkerized finish.
Yep. Or it sure looks like a parkerized finish.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The "Service" models have black Cerakoate, the "US Army" versions are Parkerized. As far as I know, that's the only difference (and the markings) between the two.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep. Or it sure looks like a parkerized finish.

The add on the new ones said they came with an 8 round mag.
When I bought mine, it came with a 7 round mag like the original GI Issue 1911A1. I’m

We got jipped ! 😜

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/01/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The "Service" models have black Cerakoate, the "US Army" versions are Parkerized. As far as I know, that's the only difference (and the markings) between the two.

That’s the way I read it too. Temped to buy another just to “customize”. Would make a great spare truck gun for a cheap $$$

I’ve yet to find one of their HiPower clones to handle in a gun store. If they are as good as their 1911’s, I’ll definitely buy one.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/01/22.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

That’s the way I read it too. Temped to buy another just to “customize”. Would make a great spare truck gun for a cheap $$$

I’ve yet to find one of their HiPower clones to handle in a gun store. If they are as good as their 1911’s, I’ll definitely buy one.

A local pawnshop has one. I was gonna buy it, but it's in white Cerakoate, with black safety, hammer, slide stop, Star Wars trooper configuration, ugly as mud. I don't much care for that. The price was $579. It's probably still there, most of us who shop there are older.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
652 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,200
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.