Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
160user Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 348winchester
None of the Mailboxes express or other vendors around here would accept anything firearm related for a long time. I would take firearms to the hub and no problem. parts like springs , screws, grips go USPS and now ammo and guns go Fed Ex. More squeezing the firearm industry out of business by commie bass turds.

Absolutely. FEDEX isn't an option for me as the nearest one is an hour and a half away. I am not spending 3 hours of windshield time to ship and gun stock.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This sux. I guess the USPS is an option for shipping stocks but that doesn’t instill much confidence in timely & safe delivery.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GAGoober
This sux. I guess the USPS is an option for shipping stocks but that doesn’t instill much confidence in timely & safe delivery.

Exactly. And anything over 30 inches (like a rifle stock) is almost cost prohibitive.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I won't send anything through UPS without $1000+ insurance. They maintain a chain of custody for those high value packages. An ammo manufacturer friend started doing that after UPS lost 8 of his packages. Now they haven't lost any.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Started with PayPal......

Now UPS, next FedEx, then USPS. These can fall into line pretty fast.

Then there is this......

Gabby Giffords’ gun control group, Giffords, is calling on major credit card companies to flag gun and ammunition purchases.

Giffords posted a tweet Sunday, which said, “The shooters in at least 5 mass shootings have stockpiled guns & ammo using credit cards and killed 145 people. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express have the power to flag suspicious purchases and save lives. Call on them to act.”

The tweet linked to a campaign by another gun control group called GunsDownAmerica.

The GunsDownAmerica campaign says, “Between 2007 and 2020, the killers in at least five major mass shootings used credit cards to finance their deadly rampages ........ "

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...or-credit-cards-flag-gun-ammo-purchases/

And financial institutions and (armed) IRS agents will be combing through your bank records.

Pretty soon this forum will be non-existent, sellers unable to sell or ship anything.

Team Biden is driving the bus and there is nobody to stop this.

See how that works?

Last edited by SupFoo; 08/29/22.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went into a local UPS store to ship a Magpul CTR carbine stock, just the plastic 6 position stock. I didn’t have time or a box for that matter. So I asked them to box it and ship it. They refused to. Said they wouldn’t ship ANYTHING firearm related.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Giffords is married to Democratic senator Mark Kelly who is up for re-election in Arizona.

"We don't rent pigs"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just copied this from their website:

How To Ship Firearms

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is copied from Fed Ex site:

Steps for how to ship firearms
Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So the only way to ship long guns is usps. And no way to ship handguns. For the unlicensed that is.

AKA glazer1972 Original Registration 09/07/03. 235 Original Posts. Re-registered due to issues with Private Messaging.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use usps and insure…. 25-30 long guns shipped, no issues

I use my cabelas points to buy $30 hard cases.. it arrives in box… thats what I ship in.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-single-scoped-rifle-case

Last edited by Rodney482; 08/30/22.

I like guns | optics | fishing
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Ok, I’ve got an account. It’s worth the trouble as I get discounts from 12-25% on shipping.

Maybe for now. I had an account too, and they canceled it - and I was an ffl too.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by glazer_1972
So the only way to ship long guns is usps. And no way to ship handguns. For the unlicensed that is.

Yes.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by glazer_1972

Yes.

No, ship handguns via FEDEX or UPS.

G
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
G
We can ship another of the items via USPS inuit using UPS a long time ago. FedEx still does ship guns for now. BUT LET'S NOT USE UPS FOR ANYTHING! We can put a dampner in things there are a lot of us.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Rodney482
I use my cabelas points to buy $30 hard cases.

You can buy those cases in bulk (50ea) for $16ea from Plano Molding. P/N 1010470
They come individually boxed on a pallet.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Griggsy458
We can ship another of the items via USPS inuit using UPS a long time ago. FedEx still does ship guns for now. BUT LET'S NOT USE UPS FOR ANYTHING! We can put a dampner in things there are a lot of us.

Steps for how to ship firearms
Shippers with a Federal Firearm License

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Luckily, for now, FEDEX and UPS don't write laws.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
Originally Posted by Rodney482
I use my cabelas points to buy $30 hard cases.

You can buy those cases in bulk (50ea) for $16ea from Plano Molding. P/N 1010470
They come individually boxed on a pallet.

Tony

The last ones I bought on-line from walmart were less than $17 including shipping and tax.

G
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
G
Fed Ex and UPS are private shippers they can make there own rules. Early 2000's is when we started paying for overnight and second day because of theft through THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.