Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
So I shipped my first package with them today after the new rules took affect. I can't wrap my head around what they are accomplishing by doing it this way. They still took my package but came to my house to get it rather than me being able to drop it off there. I am not sure what that solves.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
GB1

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Am I the only one who finds it strange that a bakery in Colorado as a "private entity" can't tell someone that we won't bake a cake for you because it's against their moral and religious beliefs. BUT! UPS can tell us as a "private entity" they will not ship our items because of their moral or whatever beliefs!? Food for thought!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 160user
So I shipped my first package with them today after the new rules took affect. I can't wrap my head around what they are accomplishing by doing it this way. They still took my package but came to my house to get it rather than me being able to drop it off there. I am not sure what that solves.

They verified where you actually live. I.E. making a list, checking it twice.

LOL
160user Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2

They verified where you actually live. I.E. making a list, checking it twice.

My account is based on my landline phone number and is the first thing they ask for when I go into the hub. I've lived in the same place and had the same phone number for 22 years. I am not hard to find and a creature of habit. Another hint for them, they DELIVER to me at that address so they already that that clue figured out.

Last edited by 160user; 08/30/22.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OlderGuy54
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by glazer_1972
So the only way to ship long guns is usps. And no way to ship handguns. For the unlicensed that is.

Yes.

No, ship handguns via FEDEX or UPS.

Good luck.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by glazer_1972
So the only way to ship long guns is usps. And no way to ship handguns. For the unlicensed that is.

Yes.

No, ship handguns via FEDEX or UPS.

Good luck.

No luck involved. Did it last week, no overnight crap either. UPS and FEDEX don't write laws.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Griggsy458
Fed Ex and UPS are private shippers they can make there own rules. Early 2000's is when we started paying for overnight and second day because of theft through THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Yes they can, but it's still not illegal.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you are an FFL and want an exercise in frustration go to the UPS website and try to figure out how to enter into "an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products". Ended up speaking to someone in Delhi that understood english worse than she spoke it (I lived in Asia for two years around A LOT of indians, speak broken english very well, and can generally hear through the accent....but this was a tough one). Eventually after convincing her I did not need to schedule a pickup and did not have a tracking number, she put me on hold and must have done a little research. According to her, the way to set up the agreement is to bring your ID (and I assume the license) to the shipping hub where you can fill out some paperwork. Will find out shortly as I am shipping some out tomorrow.

I like USPS but UPS kicks there butt every time on rates unless it is in-state. Even than they are still competitive. I am hoping the label can still be generated through a third party as I get better rates through pirateship.com than I was getting on my UPS account.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Fed Ex and UPS are private shippers they can make there own rules. Early 2000's is when we started paying for overnight and second day because of theft through THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Old Guy - I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you never have a lost or damaged package. Even if you insure it they can deny your claim for a rules violation. My gunsmith is dealing with another loss right now after shipping a firearm using Pirate Ship. Their rules state NO SHIPPING FIREARMS. They won't initiate an investigation and told him they will deny any claims he files.

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MedRiver
I am hoping the label can still be generated through a third party as I get better rates through pirateship.com than I was getting on my UPS account.

Not with Pirate Ship.

Attached Images
IMG_20220830_29494.jpg (37.9 KB, 325 downloads)

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
Originally Posted by Rodney482
I use my cabelas points to buy $30 hard cases.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-single-scoped-rifle-case

You can buy those cases in bulk (50ea) for $16ea from Plano Molding. P/N 1010470
They come individually boxed on a pallet.

Tony

You can buy those cases in bulk (50ea) for $16ea from Plano Molding. P/N 1010470

Tony

Thank you

I like guns | optics | fishing
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wow. OP, thanks for the info.

Honestly, IMO you have to make this as much of an unprofitable decision as possible:

1. Refuse to use UPS for any shipment. Especially those that have nothing to do with firearms. Do everything to hit them where it hurts. Yeah, I know that they are all following suit.
2. Write your GOP Senator and Congressman. I'd be willing to bet that they may have some ideas how to make this more expensive for these companies. They can definitely make USPS hurt.

Most companies just want to turn a profit. Usually the best thing to do to undo this sort of change is to make it as unprofitable as possible.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Dinny

Old Guy - I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you never have a lost or damaged package. Even if you insure it they can deny your claim for a rules violation. My gunsmith is dealing with another loss right now after shipping a firearm using Pirate Ship. Their rules state NO SHIPPING FIREARMS. They won't initiate an investigation and told him they will deny any claims he files.

Ok?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Tony

Hey Tony, do you have a link for this? I looked many times and found no option to buy a pallet of 50. I found the part number and they are $44 each.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Started with PayPal......

Now UPS, next FedEx, then USPS. These can fall into line pretty fast.

Then there is this......

Gabby Giffords’ gun control group, Giffords, is calling on major credit card companies to flag gun and ammunition purchases.

Giffords posted a tweet Sunday, which said, “The shooters in at least 5 mass shootings have stockpiled guns & ammo using credit cards and killed 145 people. Visa, Mastercard, and American Express have the power to flag suspicious purchases and save lives. Call on them to act.”

The tweet linked to a campaign by another gun control group called GunsDownAmerica.

The GunsDownAmerica campaign says, “Between 2007 and 2020, the killers in at least five major mass shootings used credit cards to finance their deadly rampages ........ "

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...or-credit-cards-flag-gun-ammo-purchases/

And financial institutions and (armed) IRS agents will be combing through your bank records.

Pretty soon this forum will be non-existent, sellers unable to sell or ship anything.

Team Biden is driving the bus and there is nobody to stop this.

See how that works?
You left out the letters
https://www.markey.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/shipping_companies_security_on_gun_shipments_letters.pdf

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

"Under existing law, only licensed gun dealers and manufacturers — known as Federal Firearms
Licenses (FFL) — can ship a firearm across state lines."

Really?

LOL
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I shipped a chassis from the local ups store Monday without knowing this rule was in effect until now. He asked what it was and I told him aluminum stock. He typed it in and shipped it we will see if it gets there today.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Can someone post a link to the new rules?

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2

"Under existing law, only licensed gun dealers and manufacturers — known as Federal Firearms
Licenses (FFL) — can ship a firearm across state lines."

Really?

No one says they have to tell the truth. Unfortunately that is the case related to Government in general.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by safarihunter
I recently sold some ammunition and called UPS to inquire about their procedure. I have an account with them. I was told that they only do pick up on those items. They didn't tell me that they charge $35.00 for a pick up. I found it added to my statement.

Are we sure pickup is $35? I googled it and results were a lot less?...Tom

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 56 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,772
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.