Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by killerv
"walks a short distance before collapsing in the middle of a sun-dappled pathway."

sun-dappled, got us a dang writer on our hands....

Probably looks like that 'biographer' that was following English Bob around the countryside in Unforgiven

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
his first mistake was not sizing up the father as someone who'd shoot your ass

my old man gave off that vibe, not only to boyfriends but to his sons as well.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ledvm
When the kid physically broke through the door…he made the shoot acceptable. What he really needed was just a good azz-whoopin.
Exactly right IMO.

The lack of immediate stopping power when shot with what was probably a handgun always surprises me even after seeing it time and again on video.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You kick in my door, you’re going to get shot. I may or may not be able get off the trigger as you turn to run. Dumbass kid fuqked around and “found out” some folks don’t play that schitt.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A similar shooting happened about 5 miles down the road from our place, about 30 years ago. A woman's ex was in the process of breaking down the door of her father's house. The father was on the phone to 911 when the door finally gave way. One center mass round of 12 gauge birdshot ended the drama permanently. No charges were filed and the 911 recording pretty much cancelled out the "wrongful death" suit that got filed by the attacker's family.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny kid thinks its ok to break into someone's house.....good riddance.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tarkio
I went to their fb page. Read a few articles. Anyone see what the tox screen showed on the dead bf? He looks a bit out of it in the video.

I was wondering that myself but I guess they deemed it irrelevant or something. Overdosed on hormones or something. His eyes were off, that's for sure.

Someone else in this thread did bring-up a good point.

Wonder why someone in the home didn't have 911 on the phone while this was happening? Not enough time maybe? Who knows. They probably should have had the cops on the phone the moment he drove up if they were that scared of him.

Wonder if he had threatened the girl? No one is saying much.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You kick in my door, you’re going to get shot. I may or may not be able get off the trigger as you turn to run. Dumbass kid fuqked around and “found out” some folks don’t play that schitt.

Mic drop

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Just my two cents fwiw ... kid had the patooty fever look in his eyes. Was thinking he might never find a better piece of patooty the rest of his life.

When he did the spooky slow blink thing while looking at the camera ... he decided he was going to commit suicide by ex's Dad, thinking she would miss him afterwards and her life would be ruined.

He was literally dead wrong. He had the fever and he couldn't accept moving-on without her ... kid was weak.

Darwin Award finalist imho.
Reminded me of a little fork horn buck with his first nose full of doe in heat. Too bad for all involved.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You Columbos think he did that because he was a little horney?

Sheesh.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
More than a little… I wonder what his plan was if he got inside?

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember Lil’ Abner in the funny paper had a thing for pork chops and sweet patooty.

( and now back to Gunsmoke).

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/30/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I remember Lil’ Abner in the funny paper had a thing for pork chops and sweet patooty.

( and now back to Gunsmoke).

Pretty sure that's where we got it from Kay. I dunno, my Grandpappy called it that (secret code) as far back as I can remember. Hormonal boys, patooty fever. Menstruating girls ... Aunt Virginia was visiting. He was a Texan, he did love Lil' Abner so I am pretty sure that's where he got it from.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Peope bitching about the last shot being in the back are being pretty ignorant. Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond. ....

Shoot until the threat is ELIMINATED. Multiple LEO's have been killed when a fleeing perp took a Hail Mary shot over their shoulder and fatally struck the officer. One such video here on the 'Fire within the last year. Brother-In-Law lost a Police Academy class mate same way...

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I'd bet most anything there was a gal behind that door that probably should have just STFU a time or 20 and probably never listened to her parents about him.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bad situation but dad was in his rights to do it, you don't break into somebody's house without risking this happening to you. Terrible to die over a piece of ass that's likely been passed around the local football team anyway.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
No winners here.

Odds are, the ex-bf had already been abusing the girl.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
his first mistake was not sizing up the father as someone who'd shoot your ass

my old man gave off that vibe, not only to boyfriends but to his sons as well.

You had a boyfriend?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Judging from the amount of smoke, I wonder if the dad was shooting a shotgun.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
I’ve always heard “stop the threat” so once he turned and ran the shooting out to have stopped.

As has been said, looks as tho the kid needed a serious ass whoopin but chose the way of extreme pain.

Sad for all involved. Whether a man has it coming or not it can’t be easy knowing you’ve taken a life.

Losing your son over such a sophomoric and stupid thing has to be more painful than I can imagine. I can understand the family questioning that shoot given the hit yo the back was fatal.

This. Sad deal.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
486 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 46 invisible), 2,180 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.