Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Interest rates are going to go higher too. Record levels in fact. We all knew that. The prices on houses and property values are going to go down big time as well. Those of you that don't think this is going to happen are clueless.. This is nothing we didn't know about. Current administration is the direct cause of this, inflation and the recession.. Even though they say we are at 0% inflation, thus we are not in a recession.. Stupid fuggs...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Does anyone else think that he shouldn't have given his speech in such a luxurious place?

I am MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by tzone
While I agree that home costs are to the moon right now, I don't think that's slowing building. At least not around here. Hell, anywhere there is enough open land a builder is jamming a house in it.

6% is not that high really. A lot higher than it has been. But it isn't bad. It is though, when you're buying more than you can reasonable afford.

Would it be the end of the world if Little Johnny had to share bedroom and a bathroom with Little Jimmy? Probably not. People are going to have to stop buying a 4800 SF home that stretches the budget and buy a 2500 SF home that doesn't.

I remember i got 5.75 in 2006 when buying my first house and that was about as low as you could get then. My mom reminded me what hers was during the Carter years.

Bought our last home in 2019, 3.75 for 30, i finally got off my butt when I saw those rates get around 2% and refinanced. I had to put a little down to keep the payments the same but I'm at a 15 year fixed now.

Problem is, folks want that 400k house, but now they can only afford that 250k house, and hurts their feelings. But they have no problem dropping 2k a month for a 2 bedroom apartment. That's what a decent apartment goes for around here.

I know someone who just built a million dollar home, and his buck from last season that is has been ready since May is still not picked up, doesnt have the extra 600 bucks to pay the taxidermist. They want everyone to think they are high cotton, but in reality, they are having a hard time making ends meet due to their choices.

Last edited by killerv; 09/01/22.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Interest rates are going to go higher too. Record levels in fact. We all knew that. The prices on houses and property values are going to go down big time as well. Those of you that don't think this is going to happen are clueless.. This is nothing we didn't know about. Current administration is the direct cause of this, inflation and the recession.. Even though they say we are at 0% inflation, thus we are not in a recession.. Stupid fuggs...

The county I just moved from is getting in on upping appraisels while things are hot, buddys house just got appraised at 600k from the 400k it was last year. Folks are appealing left and right, but I dont know what leg they have to stand on. Looking at comps they have no arguement right now.

You reckon the county is gonna drop them back to 400k when things crash....if they do I bet they take their sweet time doing it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I remember in the late 70s when mortgages were 22%

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don’t forget to add in the cost of the solar panels on the roof.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mortgage rate in the first part of the year of 1980.
It was 14.75

Ask me how I know

Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When they dropped down to around 12%, I took the plunge.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
It appears people have plenty of money to buy whatever they want. People are still buying new trucks faster than the automakers can build them, and they cost more than our house.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by killerv
I know someone who just built a million dollar home, and his buck from last season that is has been ready since May is still not picked up, doesnt have the extra 600 bucks to pay the taxidermist. They want everyone to think they are high cotton, but in reality, they are having a hard time making ends meet due to their choices.

I think there are plenty of people like that around!

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought our first house in 1976, 30 yr @ 7.25% - 2nd house in 1980, 30 yr ARM @ 13% to 18% max - 3rd house in 1983, 30 yr @ 9.25% - 4th house in 1994, 30 yr @ 9% - current house in 2002, 30 yr @ 6.25%, refinanced in 2012 to 15 yr @ 3% and stupidly(?) paid it off in March 2020. Each home cost more than the previous one, but we had good jobs, had a budget and stuck to it. Retired since January 2018 and still have a budget.

Interest rates) go up, they go down, just keeps everybody guessing. Make a budget and stick to it, adjusting as necessary. More difficult these days but it can be done. Many folks don't or can't tell the difference between 'want' and 'need'.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
If Joey dumps another couple trillion of "free money" into the system...

Inflation jacks up even further...

And Powell counters with more rate increases.

BASIC BASIC STUFF...

Free money is EXACTLY inflation...

The poor and middle will get hurt the most...

Inflation Reduction Act... my ass.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I was in college (late 1970's- early 80's) I recall rates were in the high teens like 17-18%. Wasn't pursuing a loan at the time, but I was wondering how folks could afford to borrow $100 K and get by. I was wishing, however, that I had some cash to deposit as CD were great money makers.

1Minute
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I paid 9% on my first mortgage in the early 70`s with 20% down.Paid it off in 10 years.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
It appears people have plenty of money to buy whatever they want. People are still buying new trucks faster than the automakers can build them, and they cost more than our house.

No its just that they think they can "afford" the payment on their ridiculous 6 or 7 year auto loan with a minimal or no down payment. Might be a slap in the face come year 4 or 5 when they realize they still owe considerably more than the current value of their no longer "new" truck! What they gonna do then, roll the remaining payments into an even more ridiculous loan for a new vehicle, or drive it till its paid off with nothing new about it and not worth much at all, especially anticipating the "green" push by then?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Alot of idiots are in for a rude awakening when this housing bubble inevitably bursts and they come to find out that the house they just had to have by offering $50-$75k over the already inflated price in this market leaves them with little or negative equity should they decide to sell in a few years due to a need to trim expenses etc.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
I mentioned this in another thread the other day, but my neighbor and I got some new home bids recently. What was a $350k home build in 2019/2020 is now being bid at $480-$530k. And interest rates are nearly double. So a $1,100-$1,200 mortgage becomes a $2,200 mortgage for the same home, 2-3 years later. That's not sustainable.

There's nothing at all that is sustainable about this whole economic situation.

If things don't change soon, things are going to really come apart & the only way we are going to get change, if even then, is when the AzzwHole in Chief leaves the WH & the Demons no long control Congress.

But with fixed elections, I fear that we are in for a long, rough ride.

Conserve your resources...............

MM

Last edited by MontanaMan; 09/01/22.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.