Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My dad and I bought a new boat big enough to fish the Columbia River. (19 foot Wooldridge. Check out the SUV model at <A HREF="http://www.wooldridgeboats.com" TARGET=_blank>www.wooldridgeboats.com</A> ). Anyway, if any of you Washingtonians or Oregonians want to get together for trip, we could have SturgeonSlam 2001 or SalmonSlam 2001. Email me if you are interested. notguilty@localaccess.com I expect it will take a month or so to get it set up, so I will need to hear from those who are interested. We would probably meet at the boat launch on a Saturday and fish until you're all convinced that I don't know squat about fishing! Regards.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Waders, count me in! I love sturgeon fishing and enjoy eating them even more. My wife has a recipe that will make you beg for more.

Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Spike-you're in. Got room for about 3 more. Just so you know, I have never done the sturgeon thing. Been a steelheader and salmon guy. Maybe you can educate my dad and me on a test-trip before we do <B>SturgeonSlam</B>. Regards!

Wade

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waders, here you go and offer a fishing trip, and my fishing gun is at the cleaners (along with my golfing gun) [Linked Image]<BR>Hey, I love sturgeon fishing, even went out and bought a rod and reel especially for it, only got to use it twice so far, but no fish. If you fill the boat and need more room, let me know- I have a 20' Sea Ray that is great for this kind of fishing. If you have room, I'd love to hop in. <BR>Have to get that recipe from Spike for sure. His wife's venison recipe at Shooter Slam was amazing, but it was a well kept secret. Hope the sturgeon recipe is a little more available. Hee-hee- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sheister! You're in for sure! In fact, maybe I should go along with you to see how it's done then we could do a trip in my boat. Whatever though, I am up for anything. We can't invite JiminIdaho though--fire in a boat is a bad thing! What kind of pole did you buy? I am planning on using an old heavy-duty salmon pole until I get a feel for what to buy. What test line? I am planning on using 25-30 lb. Regards.

Wade

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waders, the set-up I bought is an Ugly Stick in heavy duty Sturgeon size and a Penn 320GTI reel. Loaded it with 100 pound braided line, it's about the same size as 30 lb. mono, and got a few good sized hooks and big weights. <BR>I don't want you to think I am an expert Sturgeon fisherman, because I'm not. But I've gone on a charter the last 3 or 4 years and found a few good places. My suggestion would be to wait until spring and we will all get together on the same charter I've been on and have a great time, learn some great spots, and learn how to catch them huge mothers. I've never been back to the dock with this outfit later than 10:00 AM with the limit for the boat. Last year, I caught one about 9 feet long and about 400 lbs.! Couldn't boat it, (regulations), but somebody got pictures- Honest! I'll have to track that darned guy down, just so I can prove it! I bet you think I'm just making this up, don't you? LOL <BR>Let me know, and we can set something up for this spring. This is fishing at Astoria, near the bridge. It is a major kick in the butt- so plan on it! Take care- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sheister- Question for you: We are looking to take the new boat out on Feb 10. Would you like to go out and show us what you know? Let me know. Spike you are invited too. Just hope nobody minds teaching a couple salmon fishermen some new tricks!

Wade

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.