Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We received a "Critical" Alert mid-afternoon today to look out for these clowns across Western Canada. No updates since then.
Nasty SOB"s need eliminating.
Jeff

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
10 people have been murdered and 15+ wounded in a stabbing spree

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...gerous-persons-alert-stabbings-1.6572464

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Any photos of perps?

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
OK res affairs . Damn shame.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WildWest
Any photos of perps?
Seen them on the news they look like first nation.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.cbc.ca]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Raferman
Originally Posted by WildWest
Any photos of perps?
Seen them on the news they look like first nation.

that is what I assumed when I heard the report on the radio news.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff;
Good morning my friend, I hope that other than this current topic that you and your fine family are well and having a decent Labour Day Long Weekend.

As I've mentioned a few times here, I've had immediate family who lived with Dene, Woods Cree and Tahltan FN folks in the communities. It was admittedly 40 years ago Jeff and I do want to be clear about that. I do have some contacts here with the FN folks in BC both personal and through business, but our FN bands in the southern interior in particular are some of the richest in Canada.

The James Smith Band was not too far from where I lived for a few years, but again I have no direct information on current conditions there.

Oh, lastly a friend's son was an EMT on Maskwacis before being hired on in Calgary, so some of what he saw there was incredibly horrific.

All that to say Jeff, as a non FN person, if I make almost any observation on open forum it can be considered racist and possibly white supremist these days too.

One personal anecdote I'll share though perhaps if I may?

I was honored to teach a local FN father and two of his boys one year at our Hunter Safety course. They do not have to take it as you know, but the father said he wanted his kids to be taught how the rest of the folks were and he took it with them to be an example. They were all a wonderful addition to the class - really and truly.

Fast forward a few years, as the boys aged one of them got into drugs. He stabbed his brother to death on the front lawn of their parent's house Jeff.

I cannot imagine any of that - as in none. It's horrific.

My thoughts and prayers are with the families who have lost loved ones.

All the best to you all despite this train wreck Jeff. Good luck on your hunts this fall as well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time I was "home".....I was frequenting a pub after work everyday, this young man about 20 would come and sit with me for a BS, he used to call me BC, an intelligent and fine looking young man.

Several months later I was back here in BC and on the news was this young man's picture as a Canada wide warrant was issued...he had shot and killed 2 people in BC, its drugs and gangs. I witnessed the "indians" go and tell a notorious motor cycle gang to get out of their territory, and they aren't kidding.

They are not to be fugged with, unless you don't mind dealing with someone who may easily be 300-400lbs, which many are. You never, ever go to the rez, unless, ahhhh never mind.

I also witnessed guys well over 300 lbs looking for someone to punch out, they found em, and punch out they did. They will just pull out a giant bag of weed and roll a joint and smoke it in the bar, nobody says anything. They robbed the bar while I was nearby, my friend was actually in the bar and they wanted to beat them up before they stole the booze.

I was with my friend, and a group of "friendlies"....they were talking Cree to one another for about a half an hour then turned to me and said....hey 673, do you want to come with us up to a nearby town, and kick the shyte out of some white guys that want to call us savages? ...No thanks, I got stuff to do.
These 5 guys were 300-400lbs, not fat, and off they went.

I was witness to several other acts of extreme violence.
There are only 2,000 people in the town, and I was only there for 2 months LOL.

With all that said, generally,they are an intelligent and beautiful people, and it is no wonder their traditional territory is from Quebec to BC, with few exceptions.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Drugs, booze, and a denial of responsibility. In addition, the generational gap is huge in these communities. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When people are set adrift, they hide in booze and drugs, and occasionally lash out. Let's face it, this culture is changing at a mile a minute. It's not easy or comfortable for that matter, keeping up. Look at all the reactionary responses, just ask me about smartphone apps if you want to hear one . Going from hunter gather to computer geek is much longer step.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by greydog
Drugs, booze, and a denial of responsibility. In addition, the generational gap is huge in these communities. GD
Yup^^^^^^^^^^so true.

I see an old Native war vet, proud to have served, loved Canada and had/has true warrior blood, then I see the younger generations who hate everything and waste this same warrior blood. In my town their are about 400 people, the ww1 plaque at the museum has about 40-50 names on it, my grandfather is one of them.
All Natives have served for the last 1,000 years, it would be good to put that to good use, I figure we are going to need it.

This hate, has been perpetuated by the residential school issue's, and we haven't any "evidence", yet they have stirred a beehive based on sketchy allegations, very concerning. It took me awhile, but can now see what it is all about.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Condolences to you Canucks.

Even the Native ones. Likely, they're like the folks I've met, worked, and lived with on the Rez. There's all kinds and the "bad" ones make the news.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know the intent of the reserves was good, but in practice the government has warehoused the natives in ghettos. Billions of dollars have been thrown at the reserves, with little progress (with a few exceptions). There are some well educated natives. Some succeed and do something with their lives, but some get sucked back into the reserve life. It is tragic.

I've been to South Africa. Some of the native communities we traversed reminded me of driving through reserves in Alberta. So it is not just a North American problem, it's world wide.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
stabbing were done in multiple locations , are these people muslim?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hi Dwayne,

All is well here, a bit extra vigilant, I'll leave it at that, given the nature of the warning and how mobile they are.

Thanks for the bit of local history of the area. I have been through there a time or 2 myself, many years ago. This entire scenario is horrible for all involved.
So many good people devastated. Drugs and alcohol seem to be major contributors to this and so many other happenings on and around the rez, there and elsewhere.
Darn shame as many of these folks want to improve their lives but everyone seems to become tangled in the crimes around them.

I hope they catch these SOB's and they are dealt with appropriately. That last part I seriously doubt will occur under the current Fed govt. Damn shame we have worry about being "PC" discussing the good and the bad in these communities.

Looking forward to getting out after waterfowl later this week. Maybe a bit Hun chasing too if the weather cools down.

Have a great week my friend,
Jeff

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
One supect dead, of wounds notself inflected. Found on the Reservation. Other suspect just sighted on the Reservation.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Suspect still at large, not found on reservation.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Somebody on the reserve probably has an excavator. Maybe he'll be taken care of. Save a lot of money. GD

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,794
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.