Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bend over as far as you can and drink a glass of water, have to put your mouth on opposite side of glass, it actually works good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MTGunner
They have returned with a passion. No known cure. I have to endure them for at least 24-36 hours. Tried all the known and some crazy remedies. Don’t work. Drat! MTG

fast absorbing diazepam shot

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
JeffA, not often. But, when they do occur it takes some time to get over them. Have spoken to doctors and quite truly most have no remedy. Have had pneumonia this past spring. Also have mild asthma. Thankfully when the hiccups do occur it is not often. But, a real pain in my cheat after 12 or more hours.
BTW, have tried all home remedies. No luck thus far. Not gonna try the Texas remedy. Oh well, will have to wait them out. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i get it too , i hate it when doctors remember a funny story. it becomes very painful after a day , can't sleep , eat . its horrible.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Was going through that this spring. It was literally exhausting.

Finally went to my dr and he diagnosed it from my occasional acid reflux. He said there’s inflammation at the top of my esophagus causing it. Put me on a prescription antacid (pantoprezol?) for 2 months. They resolved and haven’t come back, though I still get the occasional acid reflux.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Try a mouthful of sugar, mouthFUL. Let it gradually dissolve. If it doesnt work, try another right away. After that you're on your own. My uncle was an anesthesiologist , and had to do that several times with nervous patients. It works!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sit back and relax. Close your eyes and Concentrate on your breathing. Give it some time to work. Works for me every time.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I know that there are 100’s of home remedies for hiccups but I had hiccups one day in 2nd grade when my teacher told me to tilt my head back and hold my breath for as long as I could and then slowly let it out. She gently pinched my nose at the distal portion of my nasal bone. It worked perfect and has for 40+ years. My best fishing buddy Bill (RIP) had a big 50th birthday party and after hours of drinking he got the hiccups. He wouldn’t let me do my remedy instead trying 3 or 4 of his to no avai. I figured he’d eventually get pissed off and frustrated and let me try, sure enough after about 45 minutes he dispensed with his waning and fragile pride and with absolutely ZERO faith that it would work allowed me to try. I pinched his nose, tilted his head and he held and released his breath and he was cured….simple and effective. It’s worked on my wife and children too, Bill used it for several years until the cancer took him. None of the other remedies worked as reliably as mine. If it doesn’t work the first time just do it again, it’s sort of a matter of timing and relaxation of the larynx. Hiccups are just a spasm of the larynx so you have to soothe that spasm.

Now, look. You just said the guy used your fix and died afterward. I am just not comfortable with that lol

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
tag

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Do as I tell my wife - hold your breath for 15 minutes. I guarantee they will go away. smile

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Some watermelon would help that

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have helped people quit more times than I can remember. One guy had a bout that lasted over 2 weeks before I told him how to get rid of them.

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhopperStopper
I have helped people quit more times than I can remember. One guy had a bout that lasted over 2 weeks before I told him how to get rid of them.

WS

how ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The holding the breath, sipping through a straw, , as many gulps of water as you can etc…. Are all trying to do one thing - induce your diaphragm into spawning due to CO2 buildup in the blood steam. Simply holding your breath, no fancy positions needed, can often cure hiccups. But you have to hold your breath until you feel the diaphragm start to involuntarily move. Oh, and this is not very pleasant, but has also never failed me, and more importantly, my younger son, who gets bouts fairly regularly. It seems to me that inducing the spasms is like hitting the reset button on your diaphragm.

Oh, and I used to do the “take 25 sips of water while holding your nose thing, until I put it together with the sensations you get when breath hold training.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
CHILORPOMAZINE, after I had them for 3 days.

If your a leftist, whatever Donald Trump says or does, that pisses you off rest assured, I am a Happy Camper!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's that $20 you owe? Usually freezes folks in place.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Have you seen a doctor? Here's a partial list of things known to cause them. If they continue more than a couple days, you'd do well to see a doctor. Usually they're just a harmless spasm of the diaphragm but sometimes there's a more serious cause behind it.

Some illnesses for which continuing hiccups may be a symptom include: pleurisy of the diaphragm, pneumonia, uremia, alcoholism, disorders of the stomach or esophagus, and bowel diseases. Hiccups may also be associated with pancreatitis, pregnancy, bladder irritation, liver cancer or hepatitis.

I'll bet the fugger is pregnant!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by hanco
Stick your finger in your ass, then in your mouth, works quickly!

You Texans think sticking fingers in asses is cure all for everything from pregnancy to monkeypox and now even hiccups…..😂😂

A Texan rides up to the Saloon, gets off his horse, walks around to the back of the horse lifts it's tail and kisses it right on the butthole. Another cowboy sees this and asks him what the hell he was doing,

The Texan says "I got chapped lips"
Cowboy says "That helps?"
The Texan smiles and says "No but it keeps me from licking them"

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MTGunner
They have returned with a passion. No known cure. I have to endure them for at least 24-36 hours. Tried all the known and some crazy remedies. Don’t work. Drat! MTG

I have a good friend who has been battling them for almost 18 months. Doctors say they've tried everything, but I'm afraid it's going to get the best of him.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,012 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.