Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Who makes the worst AR?

Why would anyone really care who makes "the worst" AR? There are more than one & anyone who has even a reasonable clue is going to avoid them.

Anyone not knowledgeable of who those are should surely be smart enough to educate themselves before buying one of "the worst" AR's.

YMMV

MM

Yep.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had the worst luck out of DPMS.

Not that they're still in business now anyway.

But, they really put out some crappy stuff that should have never made it out the door.

I haven't read through the topic, but I'd be surprised if someone didnt' say Olympic Arms in there somewhere. But I've owned several of them and they were always just as good as bushmaster and other decent makers.

It would be difficult to get a bad AR these days, unless you are buying from a smelly hobo.

Last edited by johna1; 10/01/22.
J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Who makes the worst AR?

Why would anyone really care who makes "the worst" AR? There are more than one & anyone who has even a reasonable clue is going to avoid them.

Anyone not knowledgeable of who those are should surely be smart enough to educate themselves before buying one of "the worst" AR's.

YMMV

MM

The point of the OP was to consider what makes an AR a quality product or not. And why wouldn’t I ask that question here on the AR forum? There have been some informative posts here, so it’s been a worthwhile thread for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who makes the worst AR?

YMMV

MM

The point of the OP was to consider what makes an AR a quality product or not. And why wouldn’t I ask that question here on the AR forum? There have been some informative posts here, so it’s been a worthwhile thread for me.

So what have you gleaned from this thread? Did you find out who builds the worst AR, as that was the title of the thread?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Get a good barrel, bolt, and trigger. The rest just holds the important bits together. You are never going to wear out a upper or lower, and only 1/4% of people will ever wear out a barrel or bolt. Being an AR brand snob is like wear designer cloths, it doesn't make any sense.

You might not have been around in the Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorn days or you would know some receivers do a better job of holding the important bits together. PWA was another brand that had a lot of issues with pins drilled a little off, enough so that they broke hammers pretty regularly.

I'm not saying names will get you a better gun but sometimes names will give you a better chance.

Designer clothes? That's kind of an odd analogy but I'll take Carhart over the knock offs every time. Guns are not much different.

In the last decade even the cheaper stuff has been made to spec. You pin together an Anderson and PSA parts, etc . Most of manufactures who couldn't machine a part to spec are long gone. I saw a lot of retarded stuff ten years ago, butnot so much anymore. There is a lot unnecessarily expensive parts out there ... titanium bolts ... cough. Get a good barrel , extension, and trigger if you want to spend $$ on an AR.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.