Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
After running 4 wheelers for 35 oddyears, I'm buying a 6by...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Almost like buying B.O.A.T.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup! Mine was well over $35k. But once you see what they can do. Worst water/weather year on record... worst mud ever... ran all the way in and out! Total 10 hours of running with only one wenching experience.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If they are anywhere near as impressive as the Polaris 6x6 Big Boss they are one hell of a machine. I moose hunted a lot along the Chistochina River, 25-30 miles upstream of the highway and the terrain the Big Boss would eat up was most impressive.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Not the Can Am but the Polaris Big Boss. Can carry 800 lbs. in the dump box and have yet to get stuck, but turning it around is about as bad as a pick-up.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Yup! Mine was well over $35k. But once you see what they can do. Worst water/weather year on record... worst mud ever... ran all the way in and out! Total 10 hours of running with only one wenching experience.
You had time to service the wench?
wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
You had time to service the wench?
wink

Always!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Not the Can Am but the Polaris Big Boss. Can carry 800 lbs. in the dump box and have yet to get stuck, but turning it around is about as bad as a pick-up.

Big Boss is not in the game with the Can Am... nor even close. Saw one break badly yesterday. It will not roll anytime soon...

We had horrible conditions of about every kind, but we only had one moose in back and hundreds of pounds over 900#.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Big Boss is not in the game with the Can Am... nor even close. Saw one break badly yesterday. It will not roll anytime soon...

We had horrible conditions of about every kind, but we only had one moose in back and hundreds of pounds over 900#.

What about the 6x6 Rangers? Those things are/were pretty popular up here and from the ones I saw were beasts. I only have a 900 XP and got that thing stuck once and had to get winched out by a Toyota pickup, and smoke my belt on n the process. The Can-Ams are nice, but man they are pricey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sold a 6x6 Ranger to make way for the Can Am. I thought the Ranger was incredible, but it is no where close. Snapping axles on the Ranger is extremely easy and I can do it by turning the wheels to either side and backing out of a good thick mud almost every time. I have not seen a Can Am break an axle.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can am 6x6 1000 shocked 1 of the last 2 coming to town ! Last of 2022 models.... the 23 year models are 2b 1000 more and 14inch rims instead of 12. Plan on rite off the bat to put 1inch spacers to widened it up and 27inch QB 672 on all 6 corners.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
650 enough I hear , but none exist only down side is both the 1000 and 650 have the same 5.4 gal gas tank crazy found a guy in northpole that has the program to get rid of the speed limiter factory tops at 50 mph the guy has the factory program, check and uncheck to run 65 then 80 then 91 , I'm going with 65 .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! For my use 20mph is plenty.

6-wheel differential lock is huge after-market improvement. 32" tires on the Polaris turned out to be a very bad joke. Not sure I would want/need more than 28 on the Can Am.

Tank on fully-loaded CA runs easy 5 hours of serious uphill grinding. Reverse on same trail, equal load used 3/8 tank.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! For my use 20mph is plenty.

6-wheel differential lock is huge after-market improvement. 32" tires on the Polaris turned out to be a very bad joke. Not sure I would want/need more than 28 on the Can Am.

Tank on fully-loaded CA runs easy 5 hours of serious uphill grinding. Reverse on same trail, equal load used 3/8 tank.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
You won't regret the 6x6:

My little brother has a 2022 Can Am 6x6 available for sale if anyone is interested. He has a boatload of options on it and they are quite capable machines for certain! You won't believe the things of which they are capable in comparison to my Can Am Outlander Max 850 XT. His has 119miles and is adult-driven--no speeding! With the 30" Cryptid Tires there's not much that will stop it and the Warn Axon Winch still has the factory winding on the winch cable...because it refuses to get stuck! And, with full climate control, I found these to be the MOST civilized way to navigate difficult terrain. Shoot me an email if you're interested. He has all of the armor and bumpers and extras.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prepare to drop some major coin if you buy one of these machines but they are stout, solid performers, my 2 buddies love their machines. Not sure how they would work on tight or narrow trails as they are very long and could be tough to turn around in certain spots but that wouldn't stop me if I were in the market for one.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Prepare to drop some major coin if you buy one of these machines but they are stout, solid performers, my 2 buddies love their machines. Not sure how they would work on tight or narrow trails as they are very long and could be tough to turn around in certain spots but that wouldn't stop me if I were in the market for one.

Yeah they are expensive! I’ve seen on Facebook some guys are breaking the front axles on them as well. From what I’ve heard, they are going through some tough stuff then to cause that damage. I guess many people are going to Rhino 2.0 axles in them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Yeah they are expensive! I’ve seen on Facebook some guys are breaking the front axles on them as well. From what I’ve heard, they are going through some tough stuff then to cause that damage. I guess many people are going to Rhino 2.0 axles in them.
The old Polaris 6x6s were terrible on front axles and could reliably break them every time you tried. I have a lot of time in the CA without ever coming close. Tight turns in deep mud are the problem and you MUST turn slowly and carefully. Yes they are long but that is far more positive than negative. Some are considering replacing the cab with the front off a 4x4 side by side. A few minor spacers can get you there easily. the greater length will make them even slower to turn, but virtually unstoppable.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My pfd - a thousand for fuel oil ..just got me to the price of this beast. Come on and ship it already .!!!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I get the shipping numbers this Friday..woohoo....once I get that..... off I go to partzilla and amazon and pay for my add on toys !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get the shipping numbers this Friday..woohoo....once I get that..... off I go to partzilla and amazon and pay for my add on toys !
Congrats!! I'm in the same boat as you but a different machine, I've already ordered my light bar and will be getting other addons while I'm waiting on my machine to arrive.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well Friday came and before it went they called me and told me somebody backed out on their money down one that they ordered in July, i get my wheeler on Tuesday next week ! On top of that it seemed like things were going right so I pressed the button on the handlebar riser tires railings bags gun Boots the whole nine yards and some of it's coming in on Tuesday or Thursday of the same week I got some fun work to do.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a 6x6 years ago but it never ran right. Needed rebuilt and I didn't have the time or the money to do it.

I had decided that if I got it running I'd buy a set of tracks for it.

Wish I had been able to keep it. I think it would've been a lot of fun where I go often.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well they got me one 6 miles on it since Tuesday I put the hand warmers on yesterday and the 4-in front rack waiting on tires and spacers for next that come in next week this thing's like driving a regular four wheeler till you turn...lol and u got a big butt...lol

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[url=https://postimg.cc/8fp5H10][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]]/url] done ....now for the snow to go away !

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,855 guests, and 1,402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,832
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.