Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Korean's offer a 100k/10 year powertrain warranty a 60k/5 year bumper to bumper warranty. Not sure how many others offer this.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to the April Auto Issue of Consumer Reports, the top rated and only recommended mid size pickup trucks are the Honda Ridgeline 3.5L and the Ford Ranger 2.3T. The Hyundai Santa Cruz isn’t even listed with the nine shown.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Windfall
According to the April Auto Issue of Consumer Reports, the top rated and only recommended mid size pickup trucks are the Honda Ridgeline 3.5L and the Ford Ranger 2.3T. The Hyundai Santa Cruz isn’t even listed with the nine shown.
Getting your auto information from Consumer Reports is like getting your news from CNN

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by Windfall
Getting your auto information from Consumer Reports is like getting your news from CNN

NOt a fan of Consumer reports at all but when they say something is worth buying it usually is.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Only thing gayer than a Hyundai pickup is AIDS and leasing a Hyundai pickup.

Sheesh

Hold into the 4 cylinder

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sometimes all a guy needs is a place to toss a treestand and a dead deer.

If the Santa Cruz does that then proly good enough.

Design wise.

Dunno about approach angle.
Just pulling off the road to the field edge for a farm hunt can screw up some SUV plastic

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, this is why (I'm NOT kidding, here, scout's honor!) the Maverick is coming out in, wait for it, wait for it, TREMOR trim for 2023!

Bigger tires and a modified front dam to improve approach angle.

I feel a giggle coming on.......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Hyundai Gets Slapped With $19.2 Million Penalty For Tarnishing Millions Of Customer Credit Reports

Hyundai Capital America – the captive finance partner of Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis in the United States – has been slammed by the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for “widespread credit reporting failures” that harmed millions of customers.

According to the government, HCA repeatedly provided inaccurate information to credit reporting companies and didn’t take proper steps once problems were identified. Furthermore, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau alleges the company used “manual and outdated systems, processes, and procedures to furnish credit reporting information – which led to widespread inaccuracies – and resulted in negative inaccurate information being placed on consumers’ credit reports through no fault of their own.”

The scale of the problem was massive as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found HCA furnished inaccurate information about 2.2+ million customers on more than 8.7 million occasions between 2016 and 2020. Even worse, “In many cases, Hyundai knew it was providing inaccurate information and failed to take reasonable measures” to address the issue.

Click Here

Buy a new Hyundai or Kia, lower your credit score! LOL!

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
O
Originally Posted by walt501
Hyundai Gets Slapped With $19.2 Million Penalty For Tarnishing Millions Of Customer Credit Reports

Hyundai Capital America – the captive finance partner of Hyundai, Kia, and Genesis in the United States – has been slammed by the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for “widespread credit reporting failures” that harmed millions of customers.

According to the government, HCA repeatedly provided inaccurate information to credit reporting companies and didn’t take proper steps once problems were identified. Furthermore, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau alleges the company used “manual and outdated systems, processes, and procedures to furnish credit reporting information – which led to widespread inaccuracies – and resulted in negative inaccurate information being placed on consumers’ credit reports through no fault of their own.”

The scale of the problem was massive as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found HCA furnished inaccurate information about 2.2+ million customers on more than 8.7 million occasions between 2016 and 2020. Even worse, “In many cases, Hyundai knew it was providing inaccurate information and failed to take reasonable measures” to address the issue.

Click Here

Buy a new Hyundai or Kia, lower your credit score! LOL!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have a 2014 Honda and it does not have direct injection, my 19 Highlander did not have direct injection neither did my 2017 Tundra. My POS 2016 ford f150 had DI and they were known to have carbon issues. It was bought back by the factory because of issues DI caused (like low vacuum) They went to DI and MPI in 2017 to fix those problems.

I'm not sure what kind of Honda you have so I can't speak to that. If you've got a 2019 Highlander with a V6 then it is direct injection, that's all they made that year. The 5.7L V8 in the Tundra is not a direct injection engine but it came out in 2007 which is why I said anything designed within the last 15 years or so. Yours might have been made in 2017 but it's an old, but reliable engine. I have a 2016 Tundra.

2019 highlander has both direct injection and port injection.

Honda Crosstour with a 2.4 four cylinder

I've never had a Hyundai or Kia, I'm a Toyota guy. I know several people that have owned them and all have had good service out of them. I've never heard of anyone with premature engine problems from them. I'd certainly trust them over any domestic manufacturer.

If someone were to want a small pickup then a Honda Ridgeline with a proven V6 motor and great resale value would be my pick over a Santa Cruz.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If someone were to want a small pickup then a Honda Ridgeline with a proven V6 motor and great resale value would be my pick over a Santa Cruz.

The Ridgeline and the Odyssee share a transmission that is known to be prone to failure around the 120K mark.

You make your choice and you take your chances....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Santacruz Sounds like a woke Christmas sleigh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Santacruz Sounds like a woke Christmas sleigh

LOL

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dutch

The Ridgeline and the Odyssee share a transmission that is known to be prone to failure around the 120K mark.

You make your choice and you take your chances....

What years are you talking about? Since both have been downsized in the last few years. Lot of cars fail because people are too stupid to know how to maintain them. As of 2020 the Ridgeline has a 9 speed auto transmission.

Take my chances on a Honda? LmFAO

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've only seen one Santa Cruz running our streets, it looks like an economy sedan without a truck lid. I didn't think much of it, frankly. It stays parked outside a shop that installs remote starting units and tinting windows.

The local Mitsubishi dealer has a Maverick "pickup" parked on it's lot, it kinda looks like a pickup, anyway, no matter how downsized it is. I haven't stopped to look at it, but I did drive down the road the other day and looked DOWN into one, from the cab of my Frontier!!! bone-stock mid-sized pickup. It didn't look like it had much ground clearance, which is a big deal for me, as I travel a fair amount of gravel roads now and then. Frankly, it looked too small for my fat azz.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Its just a hyundai tucson converted to a pickup I believe , get it with the 2.4 awd and don`t look back skip the 1.6 turbo or 2.0 option that seems to be the ones with problem motors , we have two tucsons a 2012 with over 120,000 miles and my 2019 with 40,000 so far oh get the made in korea one not the one made in usa . Our 2012 has had only a few problems that I had to repair blower motor and radiator fan motor at that was at around 100,000 miles other than that just oil, plugs, air cleaners, and brake shoes. Wife and I get like 28.5 to 32 miles a gallon . 93 isuzu rodeo 3.2 is still in driveway with 187,000 on it still going strong . Anything asian is a ok in my book anymore. And do to motor failures ours had warranty upped to 200,000 miles for warranty so I`m keeping em. I got mine out of seattle for under 23,000 dollars in 2019 I cant afford no 80,000 dollar american truck that gets [bleep] mileage.

Last edited by aaron10; 09/07/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I saw one of these today. Fugker drove up on the sidewalk at Walmarks to park. WTF . Fugkin Loser

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For most folks who don't go off road much at all the Santa Cruz and Maverick would be just fine.
I have no experience with them but a friend has a couple for work trucks and they love them.
They are what they are.....a vehicle good on gas made for folks who run around town the majority of the time and every here and there down mild off road paths.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by aaron10
Its just a hyundai tucson converted to a pickup I believe , get it with the 2.4 awd and don`t look back skip the 1.6 turbo or 2.0 option that seems to be the ones with problem motors , we have two tucsons a 2012 with over 120,000 miles and my 2019 with 40,000 so far oh get the made in korea one not the one made in usa . Our 2012 has had only a few problems that I had to repair blower motor and radiator fan motor at that was at around 100,000 miles other than that just oil, plugs, air cleaners, and brake shoes. Wife and I get like 28.5 to 32 miles a gallon . 93 isuzu rodeo 3.2 is still in driveway with 187,000 on it still going strong . Anything asian is a ok in my book anymore. And do to motor failures ours had warranty upped to 200,000 miles for warranty so I`m keeping em. I got mine out of seattle for under 23,000 dollars in 2019 I cant afford no 80,000 dollar american truck that gets [bleep] mileage.

Any Hyundai or Kia has a problem motor. Poorly engineered, if you buy one just make sure you keep the 10k oil change interval , that way you will be looking for a new car before the warranty expires.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have a recalled and failed honda ridgeline (Midwest frame corrosion). Can't say positive things about how they've handled it to this point; but it looks likely that they'll pay me a little above top KBB private party transaction rate to buy it back. Don't like new Ridgeline style, wish it had more power, and more competent four wheel drive; but... better ride, mileage, etc may convince me to get another.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
740 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.