S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
..... and a 10,000 acre Forest Fire....

What could possibly go wrong?

What we were experiencing here on Tuesday.....

Sure generated a lot of thick smoke all over the place.....that's for sure.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Which fire? That's definitely no good. How much is left to burn in Oregon?

There are 2 fires here, The Radford fire is about directly west about 30 miles from me and the Fairview is mostly east and south about 45 miles out. Two people have died in that one. We're supposed to get 15 - 20 degree temp drops by Monday.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Same forecast here in the next county to your south for Saturday afternoon. We got the Mountain Fire an 11,000 acre fire just one ridge away. Fortunately, we got CalFire, and they are good at what they do. Unfortunately for you, Rum Cr fire is 3 agencies in command, USFS, ODF, and State Fire Marshal, good luck brother.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Same forecast here in the next county to your south for Saturday afternoon. We got the Mountain Fire an 11,000 acre fire just one ridge away. Fortunately, we got CalFire, and they are good at what they do. Unfortunately for you, Rum Cr fire is 3 agencies in command, USFS, ODF, and State Fire Marshal, good luck brother.

Good news is the Feds ( BLM and Forest Circus) both pulled out yesterday and turned it over to ODF...

They left because they couldn't screw it up anymore... or they finally figured ODF could handle it..

The fire would have been over quicker if the Feds and the State Fire Marshall stayed in their offices...

I trust Cal Fire and ODF.... The Feds? Fire Dept version of the Keystone Cops...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mid 70's and rain here. Nothing new. Was planning to do a little shootin' this AM, but maybe whiskey is a better plan. Phuoc the Feds.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I saw a sight yesterday I'll not soon forget. Wind was favorable and got a good view of the southern edge of the Mountain Fire, CalFire had dug a system of dozer lines thru peak and valley in the previous 72 hours, rough country, really rough and steep. CalFire guys had taken their type 3 wildland engines onto the dozer line and I believe they had a hose line between them that extended over three miles thru peak and valley. Now I have been a 4x4 user, work and play since the early 60's and am not intimidated by steep ground, but these big balls guys had taken their 23,000 pound 4x4 engines in places I would be seriously concerned taking my own jeep or Tacoma. Just awesome to see competence and courage and good use of tax dollars.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stay safe you guys.

Moose fire in Idaho just crested the ridge 7 miles from my son's house near Salmon. 107,000 acres and growing.

Bless the firefighters!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mosquito fire is making for crappy air quality here. Went from 0 to over 800 acres overnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Now over 6000 acres. It’s hot AF for September and in fairly rugged terrain so I don’t imagine it will be out quickly.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We just got Extreme condition warnings for the next 3 days.... high temps triple digits, dry conditions, low humidity, 20 to 35 mph winds..

and the hits just keep on coming....

I wish these fires would consume half of the drugged out transient junkies ( or more)... and of course you know the most well protected land in the west coast? POT farms...them hippies and drug addicts get really concerned they might lose their income and ability to get high 24/7.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Sounds pretty burny.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Van Meter fire south of town. Not sure containment at this point. Went from a few hundred to 3,500 acres the first night. Day three now and growing. With the smoke from our fire, the fires down in flintlocks area and ones over the mountains by seafire, it's a smokey sky!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have our heater turned on here at the house it’s getting chilly out at night..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
East winds there in Oregon?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
We just got Extreme condition warnings for the next 3 days.... high temps triple digits, dry conditions, low humidity, 20 to 35 mph winds..

and the hits just keep on coming....

I wish these fires would consume half of the drugged out transient junkies ( or more)... and of course you know the most well protected land in the west coast? POT farms...them hippies and drug addicts get really concerned they might lose their income and ability to get high 24/7.

The fire that stopped about a half mile from us a couple weeks ago - I found out the cause was some chucklehead mowing dry grass in near 100 degree heat. At a legal grow…

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Got a dandy rollin up east Lewis county, Packwood. Hotter than hell, east wind, low humidity, perfect storm that doesn’t happen often on the westside. Hwy 12 is shut down, town of Packwood is evacuated

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
..... and a 10,000 acre Forest Fire....

What could possibly go wrong?

What we were experiencing here on Tuesday.....

Sure generated a lot of thick smoke all over the place.....that's for sure.

John - see Hermit's Peak/Calf Canyon.
You'll find a treatise on how to screw up.

The Las Vegas Optic, on June 24, gave a pretty good description.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I just thought of something as I cowered in my fire resistant Alcoa Shake n Bake tent awaiting a fiery death. Imagine how disappointed those vitriolic fire members that wish we Californians would slide off into the ocean will feel if we burn it all up before it slides into the drink. Gonna affect 'em the same as when Justin Bieber cancelled their sing along. Weeping and wailing and the gnashing of teeth.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This morning...

48*.......

but the NW winds brought the smoke in......

Looks better in the next few days

Upper 40's low

Mid 70's high

hell ya

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Daily updates nationwide

National Fire Updates

Last edited by CashisKing; 09/10/22. Reason: Bad link

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 2,731 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,718
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.