Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Soup
. . . here in NJ you have to qualify with the pistol you intend to carry.

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers. Of course, you have to check the exact language of the law of the state in question to be sure of the extent that you can modify the gun between qualifications. If that's not enough, the model performs well across all configurations!

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers.

That's a good point. Also some countries have limitations on the number of guns you can own, the Sig P365 (or the Sig 320 platform) would be perfect in that setting.

But... It can get expensive for those of us that treat them like adult LEGOs for the fun of it.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

Modular platforms like the P365 can be a real advantage in states that tie CCW privileges to specific firearms. With a single P365 fire control unit (the part with the serial number), you can turn the gun into multiple configurations in minutes by merely switching out grip frames, barrels/slide assemblies, optics, and even calibers.

That's a good point. Also some countries have limitations on the number of guns you can own, the Sig P365 (or the Sig 320 platform) would be perfect in that setting.

But... It can get expensive for those of us that treat them like adult LEGOs for the fun of it.

Jerry

In the states, we shouldn't have to be worried about that kind of schidt. If there's a bunch of parts laying around, I'm going to build another one, or sell the excess. KISS..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Soup,
Bought the same rig. With the safety.
Since I live in a 10 rnd max state the bigger platforms are handicapped by a mag plug. (Blame my politicians, not my beloved State)
Mine shoots very well. I expect you will have no issues qualifying with yours. Sig got the trigger right on the 365. It is very accurate.
The compact size hides very well.
Very happy with the choice I made. It’s 4 more rounds on board than my K frames and a bit easier to loose under a tee shirt.
Enjoy yours.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dont know about the P365 with safety, i've only purchased no safety models for Wife, i dont want her to have to worry with a safety under stress, in fact, just last week i bought her another P365 9mm at Osage County Guns for 399 bucks, no tax, free shipping, and my FFL guy doesnt charge me a background check fee, 400 bucks is a smoking deal for a new P365 with night sights.

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Makes a big difference when changing the grip module to a Wilson. That is, if you don't mind spending an extra $67.

Attached Images
365xl.jpg (17.52 KB, 135 downloads)
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Gents,
I just received the pistol last night. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but the fit and finish look good.
Not too small in my hand. Came with 3 mags and a plastic holster. The magazines have a 12 on them but since I'm in a 10 round state I guess there's a block in them. Does anyone know about a deal where SIG will send you an extra magazine?
All in all, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. Now I'm looking for an IWB holster.

Semper Fidelis
Soup

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gents,
I just received the pistol last night. Haven't had a chance to shoot it, but the fit and finish look good.
Not too small in my hand. Came with 3 mags and a plastic holster. The magazines have a 12 on them but since I'm in a 10 round state I guess there's a block in them. Does anyone know about a deal where SIG will send you an extra magazine?
All in all, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. Now I'm looking for an IWB holster.

Semper Fidelis
Soup

before you shoot it, clean it. the packing gunk is thick.

ive got several, p365. p365xl, p365x.

shot steel, brass and aluminum, no problems

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you all for your informative responses.
The holster that came with it is made of some sort of plastic.
It may be kyvix (spelling??) I’m not familiar with the product at all. Included were instructions plus an Allen key to tighten the holster so the pistol won’t fall out with vigorous shaking while upside down.
I’ve got 2 questions; won’t the plastic wear the finish off the pistol and is it uncomfortable worn IWB?
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Semper Fidelis
Soup

S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
TTT

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
678 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,787 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.