Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Headed to Newfoundland today. 18 total hunters, 2 camps for the outfitter. 16 driving up, 2 hunters and a tag along flying up. Hunting with Red Indian Lake Outfitters. We've hunted with them in the past, but the camp my group is going to is new to them as of last year. The camp I hunted out of before they sold to someone who played for the Boston Bruins.

Hopefully some full freezers on the return trip. Will make memories no matter what.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wow, that's quite a group! Does everyone have a tag? Caribou, moose? Curious what the fee per hunter is, tagging a moose is a bucket list item for me and I ain't getting any younger! Good luck!

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The best of luck, and stay safe!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drive safe gents! Please share a few of your best bog pics!

C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tmitch
Wow, that's quite a group! Does everyone have a tag? Caribou, moose? Curious what the fee per hunter is, tagging a moose is a bucket list item for me and I ain't getting any younger! Good luck!

Moose and "stumble on" bear for a few. Tags are guaranteed through Outfitter. We do get a deal from the Outfitter as our overall group sends a group every year of at least 12 hunters and have done so for nearly 10 years. I've hunted with several Newfoundland Outfitters and I like Red Indian. As far as "getting older" my then 78 y/o Dad went 3 years ago. We have a 75 year old gentleman with us this year and a 68 y/o too

Our overall group has gotten Caribou tags 3 times. Ton of money for those.

The "core" group that started all this wes me and 3 of my buddies making a promise to each other in our mid twenties that we would do an out of state hunt every other year. We had to do shorter, cheaper hunts a few years as kids and home purchases came along, but we've kept our promise

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Remember when Caribou hunts were $3,995? I hunted with an outfitter up there who used to get 60 Caribou tags a year. Last time I went, he got 2 that year.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Yeah, Caribou has climbed in price immensely since we started going. And I'm told before that they were nearly an add on type tag. Last trip we found 3 dead Caribou our guide claimed were all coyote kills. 2 were fairly fresh and had most of the meat eaten off.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck to you and your group, sounds like a great time.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’m headed there in a few weeks to hunt with the same outfitter! My buddy invited me as he and his dad have hunted with them for going on 6 years. Should be one hell of an experience. Save me a big moose and I’ll gladly send you a case of primers of your choice smile

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
So how did the hunt go? Would love to hear about it, and maybe some pictures too?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just got back about an hour ago. The hunting was HARD with high winds keeping them in the timber and not coming to the call. I persevered though and ended up shooting a cow mid way through. She was HUGE, likely 850 lbs and had at least an inch of fat everywhere with some areas closer to 5 inches! All in all, a good hunt. My buddy shot a 40” bull and the others from another party in camp shot a few 38-39” bulls. I’ll likely go back in the future. The folks in Newfoundland are some of the most welcoming and gracious I’ve ever met!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the report! Congrats on the cow and your adventure!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Took a nice bull moose in Newfoundland last week with 2G outfitters. Great master guide and his wife as the cook. Will be heading back next year for the same hunt, god willing.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Nice one some good eating there. What caliber is your rifle?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
308 win. 165 nosler ballistic tip for the bullet.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Congrats on the bull! That should fill your freezer!

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Took a nice bull moose in Newfoundland last week with 2G outfitters. Great master guide and his wife as the cook. Will be heading back next year for the same hunt, God willing.

Nice moose ..... I love NFLD. Been there 4x so far, but only once for a moose hunt. The rest was work related. If not for a couple grandkids here, I'd move there.

What part of the island is G2 located?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Hunted the long pond area outside Portland creek.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Took a nice bull moose in Newfoundland last week with 2G outfitters. Great master guide and his wife as the cook. Will be heading back next year for the same hunt, god willing.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Perfect size Bull, curious.....how is the meat?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Going back next year to Conne River Outfitters. Though of a caribou tag until i saw the price. Up 10,000 from last year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,134 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.