Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by TheKid
Your 270 with regular hunting bullets will be easier on hides than many “varmint” rifles and bullets. I’ve shot some epic holes in coyotes with a 22-250 and soft bullets.

True.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They bring good money in the winter here.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a guy that pays me $15 per coyote, even with the pelt in bad condition, like mange.

I don't know how he is able to sell the pelts on the mangy ones for enough money to pay me, and still make it worth his time to skin them himself.

I drop them behind his restaurant, it's a Chinese restaurant, and pick up my money at anytime. Good deal for me!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by k22hornet
I have a guy that pays me $15 per coyote, even with the pelt in bad condition, like mange.

I don't know how he is able to sell the pelts on the mangy ones for enough money to pay me, and still make it worth his time to skin them himself.

I drop them behind his restaurant, it's a Chinese restaurant, and pick up my money at anytime. Good deal for me!

No doubt he is using the hair to make chinese fishing flies. That must be it.

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Or soup!

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Maybe some kimshie

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kimchi is fermented vegetables, nice side dish with grilled coyote

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I saw on YouTube some people actually eat coyote meat. Given that they are really just dogs, I can't think of a more unappetizing animal to shoot and eat.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Coyote this year like last year are not worth anything much cept the ears for bounty. Most are leaving them where they drop. Those that do or will have nice looking hides wont be worth the time to even meet with buyers IF any even make rounds this year at all.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Gunner is right, sliced the belly open and the will find it same night, I have seen yotes set for 10 days before varmits start eating on it, hogs two weeks, I drag them to where I can shoot them off decks, can get several off a hog. I grew up in western OK. Yotes would hang from fence posts, old timers knew it was a deterrent to others to cross on there land, I still do it to cross fences on ranch, can’t let Karen’s see them hanging on county roads.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

He isn't buying them for the pelts. Several years ago where I live a Chinese restaurant (Wing Ming) was closed by the Health dept. Upon inspection they found house cat in the freezer. I ate there pretty regularly. They always had a buffet set up. And they had fried nuggets on the buffet. I never knew what they were, But they were good. Sorry to see it close.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
👍

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I usually chuck them into a really thick multi flora or some other type of sticker bush.
They usually get suspended off the ground and the stickers keep the animals from scattering the bones around.
In a few months I can go back and maybe find a cleaned out skull.

SJC

If Nobody Cares about Winning, Why Do They Keep Score ?
VL
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
👍

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
grubbing around in stickers for old skulls, has always been one of my most favorite things to do.....

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Take a picture of them...

Liars should have good memories.
H. Babcock
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Save them for USD games in Vermillion, SD. The crowd loves to see dead coyotes thrown out on the basketball floor.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I'm going out tomorrow to set up my game camera overnight. Baiting for coyotes is legal (but not deer, bear or turkey). Any suggestions on baits that someone might have around the house? Can of tuna? Last night's leftovers?
There's a spot on our farm where a local white-trash prostitute takes her guys to park and get it on. They almost always throw their McDonald's bags trash out the window and leave it for me to clean up. The coyotes visit the spot almost every night for whatever scraps might be left behind.
So, I jokingly told my buddy that I was going to stop by McDonald's and get a couple of dollar burgers and use them as bait in my dirt-hole sets. Caught 3 of those bastards using hamburgers. It's no longer a joke - and the burgers are less sticky than the other bait I typically use.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 10/14/22.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I'm going out tomorrow to set up my game camera overnight. Baiting for coyotes is legal (but not deer, bear or turkey). Any suggestions on baits that someone might have around the house? Can of tuna? Last night's leftovers?
There's a spot on our farm where a local white-trash prostitute takes her guys to park and get it on. They almost always throw their McDonald's bags trash out the window and leave it for me to clean up. The coyotes visit the spot almost every night for whatever scraps might be left behind.
So, I jokingly told my buddy that I was going to stop by McDonald's and get a couple of dollar burgers and use them as bait in my dirt-hole sets. Caught 3 of those bastards using hamburgers. It's no longer a joke - and the burgers are less sticky than the other bait I typically use.
What city do you live by Trigg?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.