Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been trying to work up a load for one of my 243's. I wanted to use the 90 grain Sierra TGK bullet, but I also have some Hornady 90 grain ELD-X bullets that I tried. I can get this rifle to shoot very accurately with almost any other bullet weight, especially with the 85 Sierra HPBT, and the 95 SST and Nosler BT. However, these 90 grain bullets just do not seem to group as good, no matter how I load them. I've tried W760, Staball, IMR4350, and H4350, along with several different powders and COAL.

Just wondering what experiences and load data anyone else has used with them and the 243.

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd want Alpha brass(260),positive false shouldered headspace,'17,200's and a Smooch. Kiss,find pressure and rock on...ain't much to it. Hint.

In a .243" 90gr Declaration,make mine Skinners. Hint.

'Course Starting At The Fhuqking Start with The Rifle/Glass,goes without sayin'. Just sayin'.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'd want Alpha brass(260),positive false shouldered headspace,'17,200's and a Smooch. Kiss,find pressure and rock on...ain't much to it. Hint.

'Course Starting At The Fhuqking Start with The Rifle/Glass,goes without sayin'. Just sayin'.

Hint...............

Could you put that in plain English?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simply cite any/all words,that you personally find challenging,as being "too big" or "too Technical" for you. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Dangle a picture of said "system",for The Start. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
from experience, 90gr Nosler Acu-Bond, 46grs H4831sc or 41.8 H-100 V, fed 210m--deadly

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMR4350 with 90gr Deep Shocks works great.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
My wife shoots 90 grain Accubonds with 44 grains of IMR4350 with good results.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Silver Platter. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Hint...............

No [bleep] !

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1 year wait for those vapor trails. Don't spend them all at once!

Regarding 90 gr bullets, they were attractive to those with older 1:10 barrels. Not sure if they worked but I changed over to 1:8 twist barrels and don't shoot anything less than 100 gr bullets in my 243 and 6mm rifles.

If I had a 1:10 twist barrel it would be shooting 55 and 58 gr bullets at varmints. But I don't plan to go back.

God Bless America
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EdithMouthRape,

If only again: "Simply cite any/all words,that you personally find challenging,as being "too big" or "too Technical" for you. Hint.".

Feel free to frost same,with the picture(s) that is/are "too clear" for your "abilities" to "comprehend". Hint.

You WOKE Melting Snowflakes,are a "rugged" lot and REALLY "know" your stuff. The only things you "shoot" are your fhuqking mouth and Imagination. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
1 year wait for those vapor trails. Don't spend them all at once!

Regarding 90 gr bullets, they were attractive to those with older 1:10 barrels. Not sure if they worked but I changed over to 1:8 twist barrels and don't shoot anything less than 100 gr bullets in my 243 and 6mm rifles.

If I had a 1:10 twist barrel it would be shooting 55 and 58 gr bullets at varmints. But I don't plan to go back.

More than a few Manufacturers are HILARIOUSLY still offering 10" RPM 243Win's,as their only "option". In the mass cited,the Skinner is THE pick of the litter,due accuracy,precision,consistency,aero form,Lot to Lot uniformity and Terminal Effects. Hint.

It is fhuqking HILARIOUS,how many Crying Karens can soooooo reliably fhuqk up such SIMPLISTIC matters. Hint.

I shoot a "few" chamberings in said bore size and often on the same day,for R&D extrapolations. Nothing slower than 8",that morning and a 105 'Max having the least BC. Hint.

Was flogging on .620 BC's at 3050fps yesterday,in 243 Speedmire,out to 1500yds...ala 2.900" COAL Square Smooches in AICS binderless. Hint.

Platform is rather sound. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm Fhuqing LAUGHING !.................everytime I see the gibberish you post peter cheeks.

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EdithMouthRape,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,"live" vicariously from your Woke World and Hissy your Fit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Hint...............

That is ROCK SOLID classic Genuine Alaskan Trailer Park Gibberish straight from the source.....

Get drunk and its a lot easier to understand....or even speak in return no less....

talking out your ass makes it a lot easier and more genuine also....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That lower pic of that rifle with the green stock must be brand new...

something Schtick owning, with no rust on it!

Well that will change quickly.....Give it a couple of weeks...

probably the first couple of times he cleans the barrel in the creek once again...

It ain't easy being Schtick....almost as hard as him staying SOBER....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gale Root spent a lot of R&D working for Nosler to develop the 6 mm 90 and 95 grain Ballistic Tips for big game hunting .
He is a .243 guy and used a 10 twist at the time .
Both of those bullets properly loaded are very accurate and terminal.
Soup

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Don't "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,you "hard charging" Bed Pan Polishing Lying CLUELESS Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It were slow last coupla days,with only (4) new Irons added to the fire. Hint.

Unless you count the Peezer Krunchenticker I built this afternoon,then it's (5). Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Soup,

In fairness,the 95gr NBT is Nuzzler's best boolit of All Time. That being said,their BC is schit,they are zookier and cost more than a 90 Skinner and less it's Accuracy/Precision. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
IMR 4831 with 90gr Accubonds and Swift Scirocco IIs has always been accurate in my Rem 700 243.

3-shot groups consistently go 0.5”-0.6”.

Velocities run 3050-3100 fps for the 2 loads.

Leftybolt

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All yer days are 'kinda slow' Stumpy...

sorta gets that way, when you spend all day every day, half in the bag....pouring Jack Daniels in your cereal instead of milk...to start your day off "right".... hit the bong and then out to the mail box to see if another welfare check showed up, in one of your dozen or so "identities"..
check on the old marijuana grow.. then off to the shed/outhouse/bedroom/living room, to decide what you are going to do today, to congratulate yourself on how big an internet hero you are to the clueless... and wannabes....

just a little tip from the EPA.. when you take a dump today, don't forget to wipe this time... reduces Air Pollution in Alaska dramatically on PoW Island.

and while you are on line, ordering more stuff to make your rusty guns to go bang, think about logging into Costco and order yourself another pallet of T.P. and Soap....while you are on line... or have Hutch do it for you....

Rumor has it, your "place" ( aka dump) smells worse than the entire state of New Jersey....That is why PoW Island leads the nation in number of air freshener products sold per capita.

Aint' easy being Schtick...

Have a great day Stumpy... I'll send you one of my polished bed pans, so you won't drop one of your cereal bowls and break any more of them.
on Sunday, you can wear it as a hat... it'll keep your skin head chrome dome dry when it starts raining...

and remember.. Keep America Beautiful.... Take a friggin bath once in a while.. like when you are watering your dope plants.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
251 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,704 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,932
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.