Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a friend who wanted a 9.3-08 so he had a reamer made and we put a barrel on a Sako rifle. He likes it a lot. Cost on the dies was a bit high, but not extremely. He has the reamer and the dies, but has said he may have been better off to buy 2 reamers, one for a die and one for the chamber. As it is now, we can do chambers, but not make sizing dies.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tbird86
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
9.3 x 51 sounds good, and most people would probably work out that it is a 9.3 on the .308 case. 93Jimbo sounds a bit....retarded.
It's clear you didn't read through the entire thread before posting.
It's a fact of life that all of us pass away at some point in time. People who have had no relationship to the deceased or if the deceased's contribution to society was not considered a great deal more than the ordinary, aren't going to feel the same degree of sentimentality towards that person as those who were close to them. Therefore, naming something after them really needs to sound good without having to resort to an explanation of why it is named that way.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
9.3 x 51 sounds good, and most people would probably work out that it is a 9.3 on the .308 case. 93Jimbo sounds a bit....retarded.
It's a fact of life that all of us pass away at some point in time. People who have had no relationship to the deceased or if the deceased's contribution to society was not considered a great deal more than the ordinary, aren't going to feel the same degree of sentimentality towards that person as those who were close to them. Therefore, naming something after them really needs to sound good without having to resort to an explanation of why it is named that way.
The 9.3J can be considered parallel developments with the 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08 Rem, 338 Federal and 358 Winchester. All based on the 308 Winchester parent case which in all cases resulted in a very marketable product. I'd hate to see this fine product limited somewhat by sentimentality, so the point being made is valid. Yes we can do our research into who exactly formed the first 308 Winchester case, but they conceded the honor of the name to the company with the power that could make it public on a grand scale. There is a reason why the technical team shouldn't also do the marketing. Ultimately the name will go to the company who picks this up and goes into production with it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by szihn
I have a friend who wanted a 9.3-08 so he had a reamer made and we put a barrel on a Sako rifle. He likes it a lot. Cost on the dies was a bit high, but not extremely. He has the reamer and the dies, but has said he may have been better off to buy 2 reamers, one for a die and one for the chamber. As it is now, we can do chambers, but not make sizing dies.

Got the die thing figured out... stay tuned... Easy Peasy solution...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I looked at a few of your other posts... and consider you far to stupid to warrant validity.

You are a troll/sockpuppet for sure.

Which troll/sockpuppet? No one cares... AND NO ONE will ever build a cartridge in your honor.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
The 9.3J can be considered parallel developments with the 243 Winchester, 260 Remington, 7mm-08 Rem, 338 Federal and 358 Winchester. All based on the 308 Winchester parent case which in all cases resulted in a very marketable product. I'd hate to see this fine product limited somewhat by sentimentality, so the point being made is valid. Yes we can do our research into who exactly formed the first 308 Winchester case, but they conceded the honor of the name to the company with the power that could make it public on a grand scale. There is a reason why the technical team shouldn't also do the marketing. Ultimately the name will go to the company who picks this up and goes into production with it.

I do not care about your opinion... GET THE MEMO. You have also been wrong on every single comment you have repeatedly made... except grasping the viability of .366 bullets.

The .308W came from the .30-06 which came from the Patrone 88. Debate that in another thread if you insist.

I fully expect Wilson Combat or some Creedmoor group to claim this idea for money... or not...

I will dog the chit out of them... just because.

None it really matters... I am doing what I do because I want to and can. Zero other reason.

If that is not enough logic... you and Riflehunter go build your own chit.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I do not care about your opinion... GET THE MEMO. You have also been wrong on every single comment you have repeatedly made... except grasping the viability of .366 bullets.

The .308W came from the .30-06 which came from the Patrone 88. Debate that in another thread if you insist.

I fully expect Wilson Combat or some Creedmoor group to claim this idea for money... or not...

None it really matters... I am doing what I do because I want to and can. Zero other reason.

If you don’t care about other member's perspectives, whether or not you agree with them, why do you post? Just build your stuff and go use it. As noted earlier this isn't the first 9.3x51 that's been built. And believe me. I'm happy to leave this discussion

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

We're giving you valuable feedback. I'm sure no one wants you to get so upset. There is no need to be so defensive simply because we suggest that the name of your wildcat cartridge sounds retarded and also that while you highlight how this cartridge performs with very light for caliber projectiles, you fail to be upfront regarding its poor performance with medium to heavy projectiles. The reason for its poor performance with heavy projectiles is simple...the case isn't large enough to hold the larger quantities of slow burning powder. Just be a little more objective about things such as its name and its performance with heavy projectiles.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/25/23.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
However affectionate he is for Jimbo that same affection is not extended to campfire members. Can you imagine walking into Wilson Combat with a cartridge name like Jimbo? You will first be shown the door, and then everyone will sit around for a good knee slapping belly aching laugh

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It's good that he posted his ideas and his 9.3 variation on the campfire. However, he needs to be a bit more open to constructive criticism. I just hope his enthusiasm isn't too dampened, but that he takes on board some of the comments.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It's good that he posted his ideas and his 9.3 variation on the campfire. However, he needs to be a bit more open to constructive criticism. I just hope his enthusiasm isn't too dampened, but that he takes on board some of the comments.
Agreed. It's a worthy endeavor. I think this cartridge has tremendous potential. I think the American shooting Republic is just waking up to this diameter. I'd like to see it succeed, but clearly not everyone is on board with this.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You two baffons blather on about heavy bullets and slow powder. Call it constructive? Call it valuable?

Hunting Cape Buffalo with an AR-10 short action...

What possible help is that? Seriously?

You tell me Bill Wilson will slam the door in my face... Fugg Wilson Combat and the BULLCHIT they pulled on the .458 SOCOM.

This project has absolutely nothing to do with money... not sure if you broke dick old FUDDs get that or not...

If you have any real world experience with .375 SOCOM, .375 Raptor, Fast Powders (magnum pistol stuff in rifles)... +P throating than speak up.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm happy to leave this discussion

FANTASTIC!

Thanks...

Take the suckpuppet idiot with ya...

Thanks again!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He says he's not interested in the money, yet calls himself Cash Is King, he talks about others as "broke dicks". I just hope his intentions towards Jame's widow are entirely honorable. They probably are, but you never know for sure. I do see the possibility of a series of cartridges based on his naming convention. We already have: Special Purpose Cartridge, Blackout, Socom, HAM'R which are all great names. I suggest besides the 9.3 Jimbo, neck it up to .400 and call it the Jumbo, neck it up and then down to .308 and call it the Placebo, down to 6.5 and call it the Gaybo, down to 6mm and call it the Dumbo.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 01/25/23.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
He says he's not interested in the money, yet calls himself Cash Is King, he talks about others as "broke dicks". I just hope his intentions towards Jame's widow are entirely honorable. They probably are, but you never know for sure. I do see the possibility of a series of cartridges based on his naming convention. We already have: Special Purpose Cartridge, Blackout, Socom, HAM'R which are all great names. I suggest besides the 9.3 Jimbo, neck it up to .400 and call it the Jumbo, neck it up and then down to .308 and call it the Placebo, down to 6.5 and call it the Gaybo, down to 6mm and call it the Dumbo.

This is the 4th time you have edited your post...

Now fugg off sockpuppet...

Joke, woke fool...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you're going to do a 9.3 on the .308 case call it a 9.3x51. That sounds good. If you call it a 93 Jimbo everyone will think it sounds stupid and your rifle will be worth next to nothing, as nobody will want to buy it with it chambered in a cartridge with such a dumb name.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just finalized the Throater design... and it is in process. Quite atypical I reckon.

Without the Throater... the 93Jimbo won't be anything all that special.

I also just ordered every Wilson barrel (1:14.2) that John has... (Ragged Hole).

Plugging away...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just finalized the Throater design... and it is in process. Quite atypical I reckon.

Without the Throater... the 93Jimbo won't be anything all that special.

I also just ordered every Wilson barrel (1:14.2) that John has... (Ragged Hole).

Plugging away...
It will be "special" if you call it 93Jimbo. LOL

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It never fails .....

There's always some schitbag gleefully jumping all over someone who wants to share a wildcat of their own design

My question is .. What makes y'all so frkn butthurt ?

Did your mothers find new boyfriends and won't give you some anymore ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SwampWitch, let's see whether you add a "93Jimbo" to your collection of "bear-killin' " wildcats. Weren't you going to supply some pictures of bears you shot, but didn't?

Last edited by Riflehunter; 02/04/23.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 2,990 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.