Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Saw the rear tire run over it was in bail out position after I saw the swarm been diverting around it paper nest on the ground I’ve had 50/50 success with night time napalm runs on yellow jackets how would you proceed?

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bee suit and a few cans of foaming wasp and hornet killer.

Raised the lid on my old 150 that had been sitting in the barn Friday and was greeted with a similar bunch of the bastards. Got popped twice before I got out. Walked in my honey room, put the suit on and went and lit'em up.

It's kind of unusual to have them nesting that close to my hives without me having seen some sign of them before then.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
That will make you move quickly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
That will make you move quickly.
Find high range!!!!

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flame thrower.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hopped off a running mower once after running over a wasp nest in the ground.

Mower ran right into dad's tomato patch and cut a swath thru it. He was not happy

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Those bastards hurt, poison them at night

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Take a couple handfuls of diatomaceous earth and powder that hole real good after dark. The entire nest will be toast in less than 24 hours. Each microscopic grain of DE is like a razor knife to insects so 2 or 3 handfuls is trillions of razors that slice the exoskeleton and dehydrate the insect. It’s worked incredibly well for me!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Those bastards hurt, poison them at night

Ain't that the truth

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Take a couple handfuls of diatomaceous earth and powder that hole real good after dark. The entire nest will be toast in less than 24 hours. Each microscopic grain of DE is like a razor knife to insects so 2 or 3 handfuls is trillions of razors that slice the exoskeleton and dehydrate the insect. It’s worked incredibly well for me!
This ^^^.

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ace, that’s the only thing that really gets grasshopper’s to, 7 dust doesn’t even slow them down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
5 gallon bucket, dawn dish soap poor down hole.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did the same thing a couple years ago. Got some Hornet Killer spray and waited until almost dark when they are almost all in the nest and put most of the can in the hole... a few lingering ones lingered later and landed but there was enough on the ground to get them too. They never came back to that spot. Had the same experience at home also, got into my tool shed and there was a nest of them chasing me out of their clubhouse. The Hornet spray came to the rescue again... that stuff works great and you can spray it from a pretty good distance to stay relatively safe...

Last edited by Sheister; 09/11/22.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
These ain’t in a hole in the ground it’s a paper nest on top the ground prime candidate for fire

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
These ain’t in a hole in the ground it’s a paper nest on top the ground prime candidate for fire

If you can see the nest a shotgun with the smallest shot size you have on hand gives immediate results and a nice warm feeling of revenge. Back off to where the pattern will be volleyball size or a little more. A double tap may be in order.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you feel really sporting, you can rush the hornets nest with a tennis racquet and see how many you can swat.

E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by earlybrd

If you can see the nest a shotgun with the smallest shot size you have on hand gives immediate results and a nice warm feeling of revenge. Back off to where the pattern will be volleyball size or a little more. A double tap may be in order.
My luck that would turn wrong more casualties on my side think I’m going the fire route

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bit of gasolene, more diesel, rag on a pole, after dark.
If there is enough nest left to concentrate them.
If not, wait and watch a few days.
A target will emerge, burn it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The guys in the field baled up a nest of bumble bees (probably on purpose, the bastards). The bees took great umbrage at this, but they realized that the perpetrators would be beyond their reach once they disentangled themselves from the hay. Given this, they delayed their counter assault for when the bale in question had taken its ride up the elevator into the barn where it became the responsibility of the poor fool up there attempting to not die of the heat while he was filling his respiratory system with dust and chaff. At this point, the poor fool became aware of something poking at his ankle. A quick inspection revealed that the ankle in question was covered with furry yellow and black bodies. It was at this point that the pain kicked in. A medical conference was held and the conclusion was that the ankle should be soaked in the somewhat cool water of the stock tank. By the end of the day, the ankle had achieved impressive size. A good night's rest resulted in the owner of said ankle being completely unable to stand on that foot. Ah, the memories. (For this, and other reasons too numerous to list, I hated, and continue to hate, baling)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Please video.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
142 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,439 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.