Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Elands are awesome.I would like to hunt one next time around if possible.A zebra is also nice.The meat tasted great and I have a beautiful rug made in Zim with the help of Andy Hunter.

Last edited by swiftshot; 09/02/22.
GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I can highly recommend Sebra Hunting Safaris in Kamanjab Namibia. I have hunted with Sebra six times and while the draught reduced the sheer numbers of game, there are still plenty of trophy critters available if you’re willing to put in the effort. I hunted with Jan du Plessis in July of this year and got a trophy Eland, two awesome Springbok, an ancient Warthog and passed on numerous trophy animals that I’d already bagged on previous hunts. Jan’s wife Mariesje is a gourmet cook and a sweetheart as well. Jan’s daily rates and trophy fees are extremely competitive and his camp rifles are highly accurate and allow you to bypass the hassle with TSA.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll add to the Kowas recommendations - great family and experience.

Who is John Galt?
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys! Planning on using Gunner's recommendation for my 1st time to Namibia. I hope to book in January and go I hunting in 2024. I appreciate all the help. I am hoping a good experience and plan on returning in the future.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nisan Engelbrecht of Huntersgame Safaris. Hunted with him three different times and each time he excelled beyond our expectations. He is a young PH that loves to hunt. His accommodations were exemplary. MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
We hunted South Africa this past June and had an absolute blast.
My wife killed a Sable and i was able to harvest a Nyala, Impala and Wildebeest.
The three Cape Buffalo were very tempting at 18 yards.

I recommend Gerhard at GP Footprint. 5 Star Accommodations and Very quality hunt.

GPFootprintSafaris.com . If you speak to him, tell him Chance sent you.

Sable hunts are $6500 and Cape Buffalo are $12750 but that includes the lodging, meals, drinks, etc. Basically everything except getting over there and getting the animals back. Of course, add-on animals are allowed.

Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member Safari Club International
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by gunner500
PM The Big Game Hunter right here at the campfire.

His PH's will meet you right there at the airport

Walk you through customs to get your guns

Load your gear into the car

Take you to camp

Work their asses off all hunt long to get you your animals

Take you back to the airport

And when the hunt is over and they have your money, they wont kick you and your gear out in the airport parking lot, they'll walk you back through customs to check your guns, then take you to a restaurant and feed you whatever you like, walk you to your departure gate, shake your hand like a man and bid you safe travels

Those guys never leave your side and do a hell of a job on it ALL!

I'm headed back for hunt number three with them very soon. cool
It was great having you back on your hunt a couple weeks ago Jerry. That was a heck of a hunt, especially that buffalo and sable!

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have only been once, but recommend Gras Ranch in Namibia

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
It's hard to beat Mokore Safaris in Zimbabwe and Mozambique. Neil and Gary Duckworth run a top notch operation and are great PH's. My son and I did a buffalo/plains game hunt in September in Mozambique with Neil, and it was fabulous. Big, wild country and lots and lots of game.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I haven't read the previous replies. I would suggest you narrow down the outfitters to three and then call and speak with them. Have your questions written down prior to calling and ask the same questions of each PH. Speaking with the prospective guides has always made my choice easy. Phone calls are expensive but worth the cost, imo.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
A few of us on this site would highly recommend Nick Bowker Safaris https://nickbowkerhunting.com/ and TalleyHo Safaris https://www.tallyho.co.za/ Nick or Stuart will take great care of you at a reasonable price. Great animals as well.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.