Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a M8-4x Leupold which I suspected to have some issues. I sent it in and they completely went through it and replaced parts that needed rplacing. Thank you Leupold.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For all the knocks they get on this site they DO stand behind their products. I once bought a used Vari-X III 1.5-5 off of ebay. When I got the scope you could see it had not had an easy life. I mounted it on my 375H&H and about the 3rd shot it went completely out of focus and was only clear about 10ft away. Sent it back to Leupold explaining that I had bought it used and what had happened. They sent me a brand new scope.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That's good to hear I have a m8 4x that has something on the glass internally.

Bugger Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a 7600 from a drunkard in AZ. He said you can’t see anything through the damned scope and the rifle hits way low and to the side, so the rifle only good for parts.
(That 7600 turned out to be amazingly accurate.)
The scope had the windage and elevation adjustments farmer tight. The focus was also farmer tight. Not sure what the guy did to tighten it that much. I sent it in, Leupold sent back a new scope.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Reality is that if you don't chuck your scope in the ditch on a regular basis, a Leupold is probably more than adequate for 95 percent of hunters out there!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold RULES! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I've owned Leupolds all my life and the only problem was on a scope I bought on another forum. I'm sure the seller knew and that's why he was selling. I sent it in and they resolved the issued promptly. Despite the naysayers, my experiences have been great.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only to the chagrin of Melting Snowflakes every where,Tender Feelers do NOT "enhance" Tender Mechanics. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Flipside of Reupold. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bugger
I have a M8-4x Leupold which I suspected to have some issues. I sent it in and they completely went through it and replaced parts that needed rplacing. Thank you Leupold.

Had the same positive experience with Leupold about five years ago when I sent in my 40-year old M8-4X for service.

I was so pleased, I sent them a Thank You card.
Two weeks later I received a package with a Leupold travel mug and four hats!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never personally seen more than (3) NIB Reupolds puke in the same day,on the same outing. A hat and a cup,wouldn't have skewed that. Hint.

If only to the chagrin of Melting Snowflakes every where,Tender Feelers do NOT "enhance" Tender Mechanics. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Originally Posted by Bugger

Had the same positive experience with Leupold about five years ago when I sent in my 40-year old M8-4X for service.

I was so pleased, I sent them a Thank You card.
Two weeks later I received a package with a Leupold travel mug and four hats!

Free merch must be the new thing. The other day I was giving a buddy a hard time for the Vortex hat and shirt he had on. He claimed that he had 2 scopes go in for warrantee replacement and that one of them came back with the hat and shirt.

I prefer keeping scopes and buying my own gear.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Never had to send a SchmidtBender or Swaro back to be fixed.

Just a thought.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by UpThePole
Never had to send a SchmidtBender or Swaro back to be fixed.

Just a thought.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I had to send 2 Swaro in. Granted they were the lower end 3-9x36's and it was 10+ years ago so they might now be better, but that was enough for me. I will say that they were optically fantastic, which was a great boon for seeing that the bullets weren't landing where I was aiming.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Swaro has as of yet,made a Riflescope worth a fhuqk,as they are Tender pieces of fhuqking schit. On the "bright" side however,ring spacing is VERY "tricky" for many to figure out. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I have a VX Freedom 1-5 that needs some warranty work. It did not stand up to a 45-70. I am sure Leupold will do the right thing. Years ago, I had a VX3 suddenly start shooting patterns. They fixed that one up too. My Swarovski scopes have been flawless.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have 2 Leupolds that were over 20 years old that quit holding zero. Sent both back and they were quickly returned repaired. Can't complain about the Leupolds I use.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I sent in a like new Vari X III 3.5-10 recently because it wasn't tracking or holding zero. It came on a rifle I had bought. When I inquired as to how long it was going to take, they quoted me FIVE WEEKS. Kind of ridiculous for a request to take that long when they'll take one GLANCE at it and immediately replace the damn thing! Not exactly great service in my eyes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just picked up a Freedom 1.5-4 that went back in, point of impact changed a couple inches at 100 yards when changing from 1.5- to 4. I was just going to leave it on my coyote shotgun, but liked another PigPlex so much on another rifle that I decided to have it fixed. They replace all the internals.

They quoted me 5 weeks, sent it in Sept 1 and it arrived Sept 20 a little less than three weeks and the return took 7 of those days UPS to USPS to my house in Podunk. I have no idea how long it took to get there as I sent it the cheapest way but that puts in the shop and out in just a week.

Good Job Leupold!

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a NIB 4.5-14×40 30mm side parallax there now for warranty work....will see how it goes.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
At least Leupold stands behind their products. It's a testament to the character of their company and that says a lot.

I just had a G. Loomis rod snap on its second trip out. Do you think G. Loomis is standing behind their product? Nope, they want to sell you a replacement rod where they are making money on that as well. Doesn't matter the reason why the rod broke it's your fault no matter what but they are all about selling a replacement rod.

That's the last G. Loomis or Shimano equipment I purchase since Shimano owns G. Loomis.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

715 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,146
Posts18,464,986
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.