Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Last night I took my 8yr old nephew out fishing for walleye. He caught a 17" one before I had my own hook tied! It was his first keeper walleye, and he was quite pleased with it and himself. He is still ready to quit after two hours, but he is getting better.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Youper,<BR> Very cool. It is something he will always remember. Where did you get him at? I see you live in Negaunee, Are you fishing the river or the Lake? What bait did he use? <BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hope you snapped a picture and fried it up for him. (The fish, that is.) If not, you'll have to do it all over again! Tell him we're all happy for him .... and a little jealous! I haven't done well at all with the walleyes lately .... must need more practice. [Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Youper, you fish the big lake?

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
We were fishing at Goose lake, on a railroad causeway that cuts across a small part of the lake. It is a very good place for shore fishing, because the water quickly gets down to 5 to 10 feet then levels off. It is a 260 acre shallow eurotropic lake. He was useing a night crawler. I had put a slip bobber on for him to see the strike, and under that a Carolina rig to keep it anchored long enough for me to tie my hook. (You know how it is fishing with kids. With one you can get some fishing in yourself, but with two or three all you do is support work for them.) Any way I set the depth too deep, and it just sucked the bobber under. He just waited while it took the bait and all the slack he leaves through the slip sinker. While he was bringing it up I didn't think too much of it, because I thought it was a bluegill or maybe a bullhead. Then he got it near shore and I saw the white dot on the tail. He couldn't pull it in, so I asked if he wanted me to land it. I was a little disappointed that he said yes, but I did. Asking him to land that walleye with a Zebco 202 I thought was a bit much. All I caught that night was a 20" or so pike on a yellow five of diamonds daredevil. I've never fished on the big lake, I just have a small low wall 12' rowboat. I have to get the back of the truck emptyed out so I can cart it around.<p>[This message has been edited by Youper (edited June 09, 2001).]

Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
IC B2

Y
Y
<BR>Is this the 'Youper' I know aka Rick?<P>Did you ever get down to Bay De Noc? I was there last Sat-Mon with a buddy and we got 18 keepers. Colder than hell, tho! Wore Carharts the entire weekend, but at least we didn't get rained-on.<P>

<BR>One time I knew this one guy who....<BR>
Youper Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, I don't know who Rick is.

Y
Y
<BR>Oops!<P>Thought it might be another gentleman I know from a different forum. He too lives in Negaunee. <P>Myself: I live south of the Soo and I work in Kinross.<P>Anyways.... nice to see another Yooper frequenting the site! Take care-<P><BR>

<BR>One time I knew this one guy who....<BR>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

696 members (117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,838 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,154
Posts18,465,082
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.