Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
And don't forget this gem. Wait, I think you told Yoder you weren't even trying here and that's why it sounded like a squawling mess. Because everyone using a turkey call wants it to sound like something other than a turkey! BTW, even folks over at Old Gobbler mention you didn't know how to call. LOLOLOL.

Now, post up a video of you calling in a turkey.
Fat old Barney Badass gonna kick your butt. Even though he can barely walk ! LOL

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Barney Badass...... 🤣🤣🤣

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He wants to bite my ear off and has told me to put a gun in my mouth several times. Typically don't hear that sort of thing from stable folks.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/28/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he probably just wants to nibble on your ear a little.............. blush grin

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Speaking of nibbling on your ear... the cabin at turkey camp used to have a mouse problem (all cleaned up now). More than once, you'd wake up at night with them on you. Finally got a door on the place too...lol! It's pretty "rustic".

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leave it to Dean to get things back on track! LOL.

I hate damned mice. My hunting buddy's trailer he had on his land had them. Everything you feel at night makes you kick and slap to get that mouse off you. And it was never a mouse.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The mice weren't as bad as when we were invaded by the red squirrels! Lol! My 30 plus years hunting at my buddy's place by Mauston has just been priceless!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
think I would sleep in the car.....lol

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Only heat there too, is a wood burning stove. One cold night, the stove pipe fell off and the place filled up with smoke! Wouldn't trade any of it for anything!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Another time, I was set up along a creek bottom, big time turkey travel route to some ag not too far away. Not much was happening, I was thinking about a possible move when I heard movement off to my left. Slowly, very slowly, I started to turn my head. I move my eyes as far as they'll go, and then slowly turn my head. I saw my very good friend slowly making his way along the pasture fence, heading in my direction. I waited until he was trying to step over a downed tree and as he was, I cut loose with the loudest, most excited, turkey calling I could muster from my diaphram call! Just about spit the thing out of my mouth calling so hard! Lol! Got him good and we still laugh about it to this day. At the time though, he did question my heritage and our friendship! Lol!

NRA life member

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
bet he about crapped himself on that one

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Lucky he didn't pop a cap at him.....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have a real funny turkey hunt it envolves one of DonnybOys big time callmaking legends calls and also another one that copied the legendary "Pond Call"......

Donny will be mad I'm sure.....

Stay tuned can't make this chit up folks.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I was well tucked into a deadfall and not worried about that. Plus, the guys I hunt with identify their target first.

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I have a real funny turkey hunt it envolves one of DonnybOys big time callmaking legends calls and also another one that copied the legendary "Pond Call"......

Donny will be mad I'm sure.....

Stay tuned can't make this chit up folks.

You can, and you probably will.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Most hunters do....until they don't.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Been hunting with him for over 30 years. Turkey, deer, dove, crow shooting, squirrel, coyote, even pig down south. Never a concern, not once, ever. But of course you'll take exception to that, and you should. Go with what you know.

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
In fact, our wives tease that we should have gotten married, to which he quickly replies, now why would we want to ruin a perfectly good relationship! Lol!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Dean you been looking for a fight with me since I showed up....

Hunting Accidents happen every year.....I know of two bothers that had hunted together for years one of them shot the other one spring turkey hunting.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I've never tried to start up with you, not once. But you on the other hand...

And yes, hunting accidents do happen every year, too many of them in fact! I related something that happened on a turkey hunt between me and a very good, trusted, friend. I would never had done that to/with anyone else.

NRA life member

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (1badf350, 09wingates, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,603
Posts18,398,309
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.