Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Dean you been looking for a fight with me since I showed up....

Damn, you try and pick a fight with eveyone. I guess internet fighting is safe for you. Probably got you ass stomped regularly as a kid.

BP-B2

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You started the cat fight thread....

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Only because it spills over into every other thread there is here. Was only trying to concentrate it.

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 09/29/22. Reason: Correction

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
That ain't worked out too good now has it

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
That ain't worked out too good now has it

That's quite a commentary on youself. You never cease to let the truth slip out.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Post the video glOcksucker....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fugg you, LFC boy. Post a video of you calling in a turkey like I did. Coward.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Post a video of you calling in a turkey, LFC. Go ahead. You're the GoPro kind. Given how successful you are, you must have loads of 'em. Now post your video up. Go ahead.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I don't do videos of hunts....the videos I did just playing around with my cell phone.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Fugg you, LFC boy. Post a video of you calling in a turkey like I did. Coward.
If you called a turkey in it was out of curiosity.....don't get mad at me you made the gOofy video.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
If you called a turkey in it was out of curiosity.....

Uh, yeah.

Don't get mad at me because I have a video of me calling in a turkey and you don't. Unless you do, of course. If you do, don't keep being a hypocrite. Post it, Any video of you calling in a turkey. I did it. Now you do it. We've all heard your insanely dreadful calling. Show us that sort of screaching works.

You're quite the critic. So step up and do what you demand of others. LOL. Do it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
We've all heard your insanely dreadful calling. Show us that sort of screaching works.

🙉 🙉 🙉

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I don't do videos of hunts....the videos I did just playing around with my cell phone.

Of course you don't. How convenient.

See anything here you want to add to your "trophy" collection?

https://www.ebay.com/b/wild-turkey-spurs/bn_7024742352

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You two could tell us about hunt.....I think I get it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
You two could tell us about hunt.....I think I get it.

I could tell "us" about a LOT of funny hunts. But the YOU part of "us" insert your turd-flavored comments into the discussions everyone else starts.

I don't feel too compelled to add much to your discussion.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
This was a fall hunt with my turkey dog at Fort Cambell Kentucky military base....I don't recall the area number.

A fellow from Virginia had came to hunt with me and Buster a few days....he had been asking him to make him a box call for several years. I didn't know when or if I would ever get around to it so I suggested that he get a Turpin copy from Irving Whit...I had seen that Whit had made some exact copies of a an original Tom Turpin box that this collector owned and they lOoked really nice.

When Earl and I met up at the hotel he couldn't wait to show me his new boxes....he had bought three of them. I don't really like to critique another callmakers work but Earl insisted I give him my thoughts.

I told him to play them....then I stroked all 3....I remarked that you might get by hunting with this one.

Next morning we were at our area and we worked the roads trying to locate a flock (get them to talk) while they were on the roost....no such luck.

After a time we took out walking it was time for Buster to do his thing.....a short time later about two hundred yards ahead of us Buster cut loose barking and squealing. We got up with Buster and he helped us find the flush site.

It was a long set....we had few turkeys answer and a couple that came in silent that we didn't get a shot at. After several hours my azz was getting sore and I suggested we go get something to eat....

We couldn't get signed into a different area so we came back to finish out the day.....I wasn't too keen on this area because there was a lot of hidden razor wire in the area.

I kept Buster leashed as we walked in I told Earl he could '''help me out with the calling some this afternoon if he wanted to".

I moved about 100 yards west of our initial stand....there was a small filled in pond in the woods I saw a nice spot with two trees with a foot tall log to set up Buster behind with the pond at our backs. I told Earl we're going to sit here....I told Earl pick you out a tree about 20 or 30 yards to the west I'll stand right here until you're situated so well be sure no one gets in a line of fire.

Earl took a little while he finally sat down.....I was still standing before I said down I pulled out my Maple and Ebony box call and hit her a lick...a turkey immediately answered back I called again and they were closer I figured I best get ready....I sat down called again and they were coming....I popped my diaphragm call in and started working them over pretty good there was two of them and they were moving a little west of me towards Earl just out of sight. I'm thinking Earl is going to get the shot.

About that time Earl hit his new Whit box call....the turkeys did an about face and were leaving town....I tried to turn them around to no avail they kept talking while getting further and further away.

After a time the light is fading....I stand up and whistle. Earl see me and gathers his things up....as I'm standing there I'm thinking I ought tell Earl that pond would be a dam good place for that box call....when he got over to me I didn't do it.

When Earl gets over to I asked him....why did you start calling on that box dang thing sounded like a gOose.

Earl pulled the call out of his vest looked at it and pitched it over his shoulder into the pond.....I laughed and told him that's what I was thinking he should do with it....I remember telling Earl you should have could have sold to a Yankee they wouldn't know the difference.

We had good laugh....went and ate supper at Richard Hudsons house had a few laughs about the hunt.

Two days later we were forced back into that area....we fished the call out of the pond and Earl gave the "pond call" to Richard Hudson and a box call maker was bOrn

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
T
What ever happened to Earl? Used to see both his and Silvestris’ names on the forums quite often but Earl dropped out of sight. I often wondered if he just got tired of the forums like a lot of the early guys did or if he may have passed away.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Not sure.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You don't think that hunt was funny Yoder.....

It included a premonition of a guy throwing a box call in a pOnd.....

Within minutes of me thinking I should tell him that pond would be a good place for that box call.

He actually thows the box call into pond.

Is it a Premonition or Precognition ?

A day later it is fished out of the pond.

Then it's given to a guy that yOu keep referencing as some sUper cAllmaker.

Then he copies the call for his very his first bOx call and a box callmaker is hAtched.

I think it's pretty dang funny myself.....

Guess you would just have to have been there Donnie.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess I would have had to read whatever it was you posted..............

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
456 members (300jimmy, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 39 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,932
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.