Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What is the purpose of merchant codes to begin with?

How would it be classified when you buy a gun from Walmart along with a quart of motor oil and a bag of potato chips??

Large stores like that might have more than one merchant code per store. It might be assigned to a specific register or the cashier might have to enter it to complete the purchase. With the technology they have today, they could run an instant background check as a backup to the NICS check. Lots of possibilities.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by losttrail60
These days there is plenty for old guys to fret about.

One would think so, but when people are determined, they show amazing ability to discover new worlds.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ATF is hot, hot, hot after that 70+ crowd..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffA
The ATF is hot, hot, hot after that 70+ crowd..

Up in Canada we have a {new NON registration}

every gun purchase has to have a number like a sales code ,

store or private.

But according to the GOV this is not A REGISTRATION .
LIKE your Dem party , new meanings for old words

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Isn't it more virtue signalling than anything threatening? Any legal purchase is of no interest to the Law. Should the Law decide to go for the guns it won't take much of a software change to records they already have to facilitate confiscation. Financial services like Paypal and Go Fund Me have already taken a left turn politically just like the tech companies and social media monopolies. Demonizing gun owners and targeting them with this lame effort isn't a concern. When they ban such purchases, if they do, it will open them up to serious law suit liability. It won't be like blocking support for a "vigilante murderer" like Kyle Rittenhouse. It will rain down the wrath of a very broad industry with enough financial clout to prove serious economic losses due to illegal disruption of lawful trade, much of it interstate commerce. Let's hope they are truly that stupid. Don't cower ever.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This guy makes some excellent points in this regard. Well worth watching.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This one, too.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The idiots that came up with this will soon learn we will just go "dark" when it comes to those type purchases, and use cash. They will end up with less info on us than before.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm still trying to figure out what they have ups up to. I have an account there that I used for a few months a years or two back when we were doing a dave Ramsey sell off and moving some older ammo and optics and stuff.

I didn't use it to ship guns and haven't used it in over a year but I get a quite specific letter the other day saying I need to open a separate account for firearms, serialized receivers, something else and then something about one for just gun parts unserialized. Then it said something about having current copies of my ffl for them so they can tie to these accounts. I was left wondering why ups thought I was selling guns. About the only parts I sold the last years was scope rings and bases.

The letter if I recall it right made it sound like they want an ffl on file if you ship anything gun related even unserialize non receiver parts and ammo. I don't think you've ever had to have an ffl to ship ammo. The feds probably just said send him a letter when they were picking through all my shipping records.

There was a bunch of info like that but I just took a quick look at it then my wife threw it out later because we don't have a need to ship much ups anymore. Cleaned out the old tools, investments, and general junk pretty well already.

What's that called when big business and government decides to work together to go after those of a different political party?? Popular term in Italy about 80 years ago.

Bb

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If we have to conceal gun purchases in any way we have big fugking problems in this country.

Huge.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The 4th is just as important as the 2nd.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm still trying to figure out what they have ups up to. I have an account there that I used for a few months a years or two back when we were doing a dave Ramsey sell off and moving some older ammo and optics and stuff.

I didn't use it to ship guns and haven't used it in over a year but I get a quite specific letter the other day saying I need to open a separate account for firearms, serialized receivers, something else and then something about one for just gun parts unserialized. Then it said something about having current copies of my ffl for them so they can tie to these accounts. I was left wondering why ups thought I was selling guns. About the only parts I sold the last years was scope rings and bases.

The letter if I recall it right made it sound like they want an ffl on file if you ship anything gun related even unserialize non receiver parts and ammo. I don't think you've ever had to have an ffl to ship ammo. The feds probably just said send him a letter when they were picking through all my shipping records.

There was a bunch of info like that but I just took a quick look at it then my wife threw it out later because we don't have a need to ship much ups anymore. Cleaned out the old tools, investments, and general junk pretty well already.

What's that called when big business and government decides to work together to go after those of a different political party?? Popular term in Italy about 80 years ago.

Bb
Fascista

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
This is not only about knowing who is buying what - it is much more about banks and credit card companies being able to disallow those purchases. In my former life, I managed nearly 100 cards for the company and we used those MCC's to limit what, and how much each card could use. Travel cards had a profile, cards for executives had looser controls than those for admin. assistants. Individual cards can have certain MCC's disallowed and can be limited in amout by transaction, day, week, month, etc. That control can be much more powerful than knowing who is buying.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I believe cash is a very useful tool for many things...

Some might even say that "Cash Is King" when it comes to matters of buying, selling or lubrication importance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I just purchased a rifle on Gunbroker yesterday. Seller only accepted a credit card for payment.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Some might even say that "Cash Is King" when it comes to matters of buying, selling or lubrication importance.
Which is why they are working feverishly for a way to eliminate it, to replace it with a 100% digital system, whereby they will possess total control, even over life and death.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Which is why they are working feverishly for a way to eliminate it, to replace it with a 100% digital system, whereby they will possess total control, even over life and death.

ADA and ADAAG will be the CFR that I use to not buy into crypto-currency...

I am old and half blind with fat fingers and the use of crypto-currency requires dexterity and other physical attributes that many Americans no longer posses.

Crypto is discrimination... and therefore it it is unlawful.

But, I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by losttrail60
These days there is plenty for old guys to fret about.

Mostly communists.. like you, for instance.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,567 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,355
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.