Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Why would you want a safety, you don’t want one on your revolvers. The whole point of a striker fired pistol is not having a safety while avoiding the “crunch tick” DA/SA trigger. A single action pistol will have a better trigger with a safety. A striker fired pistol with a safety makes no sense IMO.
Been saying this for years.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
SIG 365XL with safety

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
While I had several M&P’s, all of them benefited greatly with Apex parts, including my 2 2.0’s. Good guns but Apex knows how to make them great.

I eventually went back to Glock when the Gen 5’s came out. Except for sights, red dot plate and SCD’s, they are all stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the Glock 19 HAS a safety in the face of the trigger.

Virgil B.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I'm surprised no one has pointed out that the Glock 19 HAS a safety in the face of the trigger.

Virgil B.
As Colonel Cooper observed, that's rather like taping the combination to your safe above the dial. No point in locking it. Likewise, no point in having a safety if it's on the face of the trigger.

And striker fired guns don't need one, as they defeat their purpose.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The Beretta PX4 Storm is worth a look.

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
RIA STK100

CanikTP9

PSA

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Mossberg mc2c is thinner than a Glock and they make one version with a crossbolt safety. American made and I really like mine.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Sure not not trying to start an argument here as many of you know a lot more about striker fired guns than I will ever know but carrying one in condition one, without a safety scares me to death. The ones I own that don't have a safety get carried without a round chambered & I'll take my chances, my other guns, S&W 2.0 with a safety I carry condition one, also with my Browning Hi Power & my 1911's, but again, not the guns with the so called trigger safety. To me that isn't a safety & I'll let you more experienced guys explain it to me.
Don't know that I've heard of anyone shooting themselves in the leg with their gun that has a safety but I sure have heard of guys shooting themselves with striker fired guns without a true safety. Take it easy with the name calling, I'm a life long shooter, USPSA shooter & have taken a lot of big game with revolvers. I shoot 3-4 times a week but again, those striker fired guns with no safety scare the hell out of me. Talk to me.

Dick

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Sure not not trying to start an argument here as many of you know a lot more about striker fired guns than I will ever know but carrying one in condition one, without a safety scares me to death. The ones I own that don't have a safety get carried without a round chambered & I'll take my chances, my other guns, S&W 2.0 with a safety I carry condition one, also with my Browning Hi Power & my 1911's, but again, not the guns with the so called trigger safety. To me that isn't a safety & I'll let you more experienced guys explain it to me.
Don't know that I've heard of anyone shooting themselves in the leg with their gun that has a safety but I sure have heard of guys shooting themselves with striker fired guns without a true safety. Take it easy with the name calling, I'm a life long shooter, USPSA shooter & have taken a lot of big game with revolvers. I shoot 3-4 times a week but again, those striker fired guns with no safety scare the hell out of me. Talk to me.

Dick

It's about the world's most famous "shot in the leg with a 1911" video and a 1911 has more than 1 safety.

Kimber Pro Carry 1911 in 45 ACP

That said - the best safety is still keeping your booger hook out of the trigger - as my old gun safety instructor used to say.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
The 19 isn't ruled out as I still have magazines. smile
Problem solved! wink

At least worthwhile replacing the G19 even if you get another pistol, IMO.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
S&W M&P 2.0

Very good gun.
Yep, the 4" barrel M&P is probably the best Glock 19 S&W ever built.

Now if the OP didn't want a safety lever there are couple of decent G19 clones - but thats not what the OP asked.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the Glock 19 well enough that I've got two of them but I agree that the "so called trigger safety" is not much of a safety.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just my opinion, the invention of the Striker Control Device and kydex holsters give me as much or more confidence in the Glock trigger tab safety than a thumb safety, especially ambi thumb safeties. And one of my 2.0's had the thumb safety that was so mushy, it would easily bump off safe.

I know the G19 won't fire unless something presses the trigger, I keep my finger off the trigger until on target, keep my thumb on the SCD while holstering and once it's in the kydex holster, nothing can press the trigger.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 43Shooter
I like the Glock 19 well enough that I've got two of them but I agree that the "so called trigger safety" is not much of a safety.
It was put on the trigger face just so they could say they had another safety mechanism on it. Everyone knows it's worthless as a safety device. About as worthless as a safe with the combo taped above the dial.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It was put on the trigger face just so they could say they had another safety mechanism on it. Everyone knows it's worthless as a safety device. About as worthless as a safe with the combo taped above the dial.
Amazingly stupid bit of non-think you've reposted.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I always figured on a Glock the holster is the safety, closing firmly as it does around the trigger guard.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dla
It's a quote from Colonel Jeff Cooper. He was commenting on the uselessness of the Glock trigger safety. I think it's apt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I always figured on a Glock the holster is the safety, closing firmly as it does around the trigger guard.

I always figured it was the grey matter between the ears of the operator of the device that was the real safety.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dla
It's a quote from Colonel Jeff Cooper. He was commenting on the uselessness of the Glock trigger safety. I think it's apt.
Either you misquoted Jeff or he was having a stroke when he wrote that. Personally I believe the former.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (44mc, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 11 invisible), 1,302 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,270
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.