Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To find a decent deal on a stock. Anyhow been awhile since I been to the lgs, when I go I usually end up in their back room with miscellaneous stuff talking brass, bullets, stocks, reloading equipment all used. I usually dig through the barrel with stocks. Never know might find a decent pre 64 stock. One time found a post 64 featherweight stock in that barrel for $100 bucks. Anyhow I’m digging I find this stock it’s an adl style stock looks like a bell and Carlson stock looked at the price $75 bucks that should worth it. Thing looks like it never been used. Being adl style stock must be for a Remington 700, hey I have 700 that needs a better stock. Bell and Carlson arent bad stocks I figured at the time. So I pay the asking price they wouldn’t go down on the price. So I snap a few pictures when I get home send a pm to akwolverine asking him what he thought of my deal of the day. He seems to know stocks as well. He replies back with that’s not for a Remington and his next reply surprised me he said it’s for a model 70 and it’s a McMillan stock?? I asked how he knew he goes Remington have a round receiver. Oh that’s right come on guys I own one remigton 700 and it’s a adl with a Remington plastic stock so cut me some slack. Two it has the lug cut out like a model 70. I asked how you know it’s a McMillan he’s said easy the shape, no checkering etc. he also said it’s for a short action possibly wsm. I have both so I will find out for sure which one.

Anyhow pictures of my $75 dollar find. BSA will have to scour gunshops for a longtime to beat this buy..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by 79S; 09/14/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yup, that's a big score for 75 bucks!

Damn, I need to start asking to see whats in the back of my local places!

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great find, sure looks like a McMillan to me.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MikeS
Great find, sure looks like a McMillan to me.
I concur.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hard part finding an ADL style model 70 trigger guard.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd check Midwest Gun works.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Nice score.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I'd buy that for a dollar! Good find ya got there!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A trigger guard from a 670 will work, too. -Al

Forbidden Zoner
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
To find a decent deal on a stock. Anyhow been awhile since I been to the lgs, when I go I usually end up in their back room with miscellaneous stuff talking brass, bullets, stocks, reloading equipment all used. I usually dig through the barrel with stocks. Never know might find a decent pre 64 stock. One time found a post 64 featherweight stock in that barrel for $100 bucks. Anyhow I’m digging I find this stock it’s an adl style stock looks like a bell and Carlson stock looked at the price $75 bucks that should worth it. Thing looks like it never been used. Being adl style stock must be for a Remington 700, hey I have 700 that needs a better stock. Bell and Carlson arent bad stocks I figured at the time. So I pay the asking price they wouldn’t go down on the price. So I snap a few pictures when I get home send a pm to akwolverine asking him what he thought of my deal of the day. He seems to know stocks as well. He replies back with that’s not for a Remington and his next reply surprised me he said it’s for a model 70 and it’s a McMillan stock?? I asked how he knew he goes Remington have a round receiver. Oh that’s right come on guys I own one remigton 700 and it’s a adl with a Remington plastic stock so cut me some slack. Two it has the lug cut out like a model 70. I asked how you know it’s a McMillan he’s said easy the shape, no checkering etc. he also said it’s for a short action possibly wsm. I have both so I will find out for sure which one.

Anyhow pictures of my $75 dollar find. BSA will have to scour gunshops for a longtime to beat this buy..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

VERY good find!!!! I don't think I can beat that one. Glad to see someone else out there finding some good deals too. What are you going to put it on?? Let us know if it fits one of your rifles.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Fit that sucker to a barreled action. Kind of like I did:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I kept thinking, well Beretzs had a black stocked red pad rifle. Maybe he ran his 338wm that way for a while. I always liked that look and I have enough brown painted stocks.. Ground the recoil pad and threw it on this morning before I had to drop the tank on my sisters bronco and replace the fuel pump.
^^^^Another 7 pound 300WBY.^^^^

I'm liking the lines of this stock. Now to scope it. I've been waiting patiently for a new Zeiss V4 4-16x44 with target turrets and ballistic reticle to come in. I think that will be the ticket for this 300WBY.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

VERY good find!!!! I don't think I can beat that one. Glad to see someone else out there finding some good deals too. What are you going to put it on?? Let us know if it fits one of your rifles.

AkWolverine helped me narrow it down by the pattern, it’s for a new haven short action. I have a 300 wsm that should fit in it??

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

AkWolverine helped me narrow it down by the pattern, it’s for a new haven short action. I have a 300 wsm that should fit in it??

Cool man. Sure beats tupperware, even though you know I like the tupperware stocks. I'll bet its quite a bit lighter anyway and a lot stiffer..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cool man. Sure beats tupperware, even though you know I like the tupperware stocks. I'll bet its quite a bit lighter anyway and a lot stiffer..

This one is in a featherweight stock..

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yeah, you like some here that think you can't open the mother fu cker up? Your WSM's are not "FWT", so you might as well throw it away. ha ha..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yeah, you like some here that think you can't open the mother fu cker up? Your WSM's are not "FWT", so you might as well throw it away. ha ha..

Their is the BSA we all been waiting for lol.. The rifle is is stainless featherweight.. Yes we all know the wsm are not true featherweights...

Last edited by 79S; 09/15/22.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Their is the BSA we all been waiting for lol.. The rifle is is stainless featherweight.. Yes we all know the wsm are not true featherweights...

Yeah buddy... Open it up, or quit fu cking crying about it. I hate cry babies and fu cking idiots..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This McMillan barrel channel is not cut for a featherweight barrel profile. This WSM drops right into this Mcmillan stock no need to hog it out to make it fit. Right now only problem is finding an ADL trigger guard, Midwest gunworks has them but they are plastic. Should head back to LGS dig though their gun parts maybe a 670 trigger guard in that pile of parts.

79S Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yeah buddy... Open it up, or quit fu cking crying about it. I hate cry babies and fu cking idiots..

you must really hate yourself then .. We all been waiting for the real you to show up today... Like a good injun you cant handle yo booze lol. Lawrence stop drinking you are making a fool of yourself..

Last edited by 79S; 09/15/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are still looking for an ADL guard, check with Sunny Hill.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 3,279 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,590
Posts18,454,293
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.