Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Alleged drunk driver pleads not guilty to negligent vehicular assault

[Linked Image from hagadone.media.clients.ellingtoncms.com]

Accused drunk driver Kenneth Malcolm Stevenson appeared in Flathead County District Court for his arraignment last week while the family of cyclists he allegedly struck in late August continues to struggle with the wounds, both visible and not, suffered during the collision.

Stevenson, 34, pleaded not guilty to a single felony count of negligent vehicular assault* before Judge Dan Wilson on Sept. 8. An omnibus hearing was set for Nov. 16 with Stevenson expected back in court for a pretrial conference on Jan. 4.

According to court documents, Stevenson seriously injured one man — and struck a Jeep — when he tried to pass a group of cyclists pedaling northbound on Seventh Avenue East North on Aug. 21 in his Ford F-350 pickup. Kalispell Police officers arriving on scene reported that Stevenson, who was driving shoeless, had slurred speech, watery and bloodshot eyes, and the odor of an alcoholic beverage, court documents said.

They also allegedly found a piece of clothing stuck to the heavily damaged front end of Stevenson’s pickup.

Struggling to keep his balance, Stevenson needed the help of officers to stand upright, court documents said. He allegedly admitted to drinking at an area bar prior to the collision and later agreed to a blood draw after initially refusing.

COURT DOCUMENTS highlight one of Stevenson’s alleged victims — Shane Corpron — describing the man as suffering broken ribs, a broken pelvis and possibly a broken back.

Jade Corpron, Shane’s daughter-in-law, said that he was not alone in suffering injuries. After striking Shane Corpron, the pickup collided with a Jeep traveling ahead of it, she recalled in a phone interview. Then Stevenson tried to back up and hit her and her 6-year-old child, Jade Corpron said.

“He hit my son so hard it blew his tennis shoes off across the highway and mangled his handlebars on his little bike,” said Jade Corpron, who recounted being dragged by Stevenson’s vehicle into a ditch.

Then, she said, Stevenson tried to flee. He was blocked in by another vehicle and a bystander even offered to zip-tie him, Jade Corpron recalled.

“The damage he did is horrible and every official that’s been there has said they don’t know how we’re still alive,” she said. “Just the fact that he tried to leave us, it’s not something we’re going to get past. It was like we were just discarded, like roadkill, him leaving us on the side of the road like that.”

Owing to the extent of his injuries, officials flew Shane Corpron to Harborview Medical Center in Washington. He has since returned home, but must use a wheelchair to get around while he recuperates, said Jade Corpron, describing him as “just completely broken top to bottom.”

She and her son, Beau, were checked out by paramedics at the scene. Their injuries, including severe bruising, only became clear later. She reported struggling with migraines and has experienced problems with her neck, hips and knee. Her son also suffers night terrors and likely will see a forensic psychologist, she said.

“The damage [Stevenson] caused is so much deeper than the things that will heal,” Jade Corpron said.

Stevenson, meanwhile, appeared in the courtroom in street clothes. Initially held in the county jail with bail set at $20,000, he was later released on his own recognizance, although with conditions. Those stipulations include abstaining from alcohol and avoiding places where alcohol is served. He must also participate in the county’s sobriety compliance monitoring program, according to court documents.

“[Stevenson] is out walking around,” Jade Corpron said. “For your entire family to be in so much mental and physical pain and he’s out walking around — we’re not OK.”

Negligent vehicular assault carries a maximum penalty of up to 10 years in Montana State Prison and a fine of $10,000 as well as possible court-ordered restitution.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, the message is clear. If ya wanna mow down bicyclists in your F250 it's best to remain sober.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The man was just trying to stay hydrated. Bicyclists need to learn to stay off the roads, a working man ain't got time for this crap.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sorry to hear about the truck.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's a good thing they let him loose. His sister will have someone to fugk now.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It's a good thing they let him loose. His sister will have someone to fugk now.

One of those non-bicyclists I’m sure.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Well, the message is clear. If ya wanna mow down bicyclists in your F250 it's best to remain sober.
Not very sporting.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Not Guilty.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by RiverRider

The Dually provides a bigger footprint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Forensic psychologist......biotch please. A little over dramatic and ooking for a BIG payout.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well heck. Not much more to say.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Upity Flathead folks can't afford a car to haul the family around in? Riding little bicycles? Sounds like a set up.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Flathead Taxpayers have invested 10's of millions of dollars developing pedestrian and BICYCLE trails throughout the city and county providing safe passage exclusively for their use.

But noooo, these trouble makers were riding up the middle of 7th Ave.

Aren't there laws that protect us from such hooligans that stage 'accidents' just to collect lawsuit and insurance monies?

If there is one good thing that becomes of this it that they now fully understand their position..

Originally Posted by Kamikaze Bicyclist
It was like we were just discarded, like roadkill, him leaving us on the side of the road like that.”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Any updates on the bicyclist?

Any chance he died?

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think there was a community outpouring of support on a Gofundme campaign to help the guy get his truck repaired.

Probably won't hear anything about the California Transplant Road Stains, they're as common as noxious weeds in the region, nobody cares as long as their eradicated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I biked every day from age 50 to 68, but then had to quit because of cars passing me on blind corners. 25 mph zone, I bike at 21 mph, cars want to go 35 mph.

The worst was in a hairpin curve I was being passed while oncomming another car was passing another bike. I was crowded off the road and into the bushes, and so was the oncoming bike.

My Go Pro camera was not getting the licence plates of the cars. The cops kept telling me to get the licence plate number. A pizza delivery truck that was passing me on a blind corner was unique enough to be identified and the oncoming car was honking enough so the cops visit got the driver fired.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't look like a "fugk spandex and eat my diesel face to me." Looks more like a "fugk me, I am stupid face."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Very different from this face. lolololol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I biked every day from age 50 to 68, but then had to quit because of cars passing me on blind corners. 25 mph zone, I bike at 21 mph, cars want to go 35 mph.

The worst was in a hairpin curve I was being passed while oncomming another car was passing another bike. I was crowded off the road and into the bushes, and so was the oncoming bike.

My Go Pro camera was not getting the licence plates of the cars. The cops kept telling me to get the licence plate number. A pizza delivery truck that was passing me on a blind corner was unique enough to be identified and the oncoming car was honking enough so the cops visit got the driver fired.

Sorry to hear you lived.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clarkm

The difference between staying behind you in those blind corners and passing you was probably 5 full seconds, you disrespectful ass. Happy hour only lasts so long.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JeffA
The Flathead Taxpayers have invested 10's of millions of dollars developing pedestrian and BICYCLE trails throughout the city and county providing safe passage exclusively for their use.

But noooo, these trouble makers were riding up the middle of 7th Ave.

Aren't there laws that protect us from such hooligans that stage 'accidents' just to collect lawsuit and insurance monies?

If there is one good thing that becomes of this it that they now fully understand their position..

Originally Posted by Kamikaze Bicyclist
It was like we were just discarded, like roadkill, him leaving us on the side of the road like that.”

There’s a beautiful park near here with a full skeet, trap, sporting clays, pistol, and rifle range. Archery and a big R/C airfield too.

They set a big chunk aside and made mountain bike trails. Great idea, right? Well it would be if the lazy fugks stayed in the mountain bike section.

The ones that have no equilibrium (vast majority) have to meander around the paved roads in the park. Speed limit is only 15mph and they’ll do around 10.

So they built a bike lane. Think they use it? Nope. Right down the middle of the road. Because “it’s a park!”

They also built a track on the perimeter of the park for distance runners. Guess who flocked straight to that? Yep. The world’s laziest exercisers.

And the best (dumbest) of that lot are the ones you see parking in the park, then bicycling out of the park, so they can mix in with Broward County traffic.

LOL

The most worthless group of hobbyist on earth. The worst.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
653 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.