Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Anyone use a cart to tote their tree stand in?
Kawasaki mule and 15 yr old son

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Kawasaki mule and 15 yr old son

LOL, sons are good for that.

I hike anywhere from .5 to 1.2 miles to where I hunt. At 56 years old, luggin that tree stand is getting damned old. Looking for cart that can haul in my stand, and haul out a deer and the stand at the same time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought an early Cabela's Super Mag Hauler with the metal spokes and those spokes were terrible. They caught lots of grass and brush and came loose. I even carried a spoke wrench for a year before I rebuilt it with 21" motocross rims and tires. Those were too tall and heavy with brake drums. I had an old wheel chair, so those lighter nylon wheels and narrow solid tires are on it now and much better. Actually I prefer a heavy sled with holes for rope tie downs. It slides well over grass and snow and the center of gravity is much lower. That sled pulled with my Rokon has been my preferred method lately.

Back when I hunted with a back pack, I did mount one of the small wheel chair wheels to the bottom of my pack frame. That way I didn't need to go back to get the hauler when I quartered one up. I could wheel a load out like a wheelbarrow if I got tired of the weight on my back.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
NEET Cart for the win! Mine will be at it's 12th hunting season this fall and still going strong.
Have "packed" 9 elk with it and deer are a piece of cake........1

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrazyIs
Gray Fox game cart. The best I have ever used. The only bad is the price. There are several YouTube videos about it. Good luck.

Jeezus, I just looked at that. It's $1,000.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Depends on your area. If you may have to haul thru low heavy brush, avoid spoked wheels that brush will poke into wheels - duh.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Kawasaki Prairie 360 4wd. I hook up the deer to the ATV and haul it to my chain fall near my stand and lift it into one of the cargo baskets on the ATV. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The more I get to know people, the better I like dogs, life is short, eat dessert first.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by 338reddog
If you can find a single wheeled cart that is the best in my opinion.

'ere ya go.....

https://www.packwheel.com/

Dang Don. I thought my Neetkart was spendy. I'm not getting any younger so that sucker might be worth it. Then again EMS guys could pack me out with the Neetkart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neet cart needs a E model.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by CrazyIs
Gray Fox game cart. The best I have ever used. The only bad is the price. There are several YouTube videos about it. Good luck.

Jeezus, I just looked at that. It's $1,000.

Oh, WOW, it’s gone up 30% since I purchased mine a few months ago. I did mention the $’s were it’s negative.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I went ahead and bought this. Kill Shot 500 lb cart. Seems to get pretty good reviews. Not very expensive. If it works, great, if not, I won't be out much.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 09/15/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I replaced those D-pins on mine with bolts and nylocks. It was one less thing to worry about losing going through the brush. Those safety pin fasteners look even more fragile and prone to snagging and opening in the brush.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It's up on my property and not available for a picture right now, I have/use a larger flat piece of heavier plastic with holes around the edges for a rope to lash with. Put a deer in it, or whatever, lash it in place and go. Nothing to break or come loose except for the rope. Easily slides over anything. Have had it for years, can't seem to wear it out. If I remember correctly, got it from Sportsman's Guide in MN. When not in use, it rolls up and is easy to carry strapped onto my daypack. So not what the OP has asked about, just sharing a very viable option... maybe!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Is it so thick you can’t you a 4 wheeler or a Polaris??

Are you not allowed to clear out enough to use them, public land??

Last edited by hanco; 09/16/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Windfall
I replaced those D-pins on mine with bolts and nylocks. It was one less thing to worry about losing going through the brush. Those safety pin fasteners look even more fragile and prone to snagging and opening in the brush.

Agreed. Probably wull be the first thing I do.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Just put a new ladder stand together. I have it tied on a roll-up sled ready ready to drag up the hill to its new home. I’ll leave the roll-up there with it for dragging deer out. They really do reduce the effort required and protect the carcass from bruising and dirt. The last one I installed was wheeled in on a Hawk with tandem articulating wheels. Great cart, but it weighs 40-some pounds empty, and is a tough drag through head-high weeds and brush. For relatively open ground and on trails, it’s great.

When I bought the Hawk, it was drop-shipped from a supplier. I put it together, then a couple of days later a second one arrived. I contacted the seller and was told to just keep it, as it would be too expensive to return. Only paid $120 for it in the first place. Gave the other one to my son.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://elkahaul.com/

Never used one, but looks interesting

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Polaris 500

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonderful in the Safeway parking lot, but don't go here.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A buddy hauled one in and left it on a ridgetop after about an hour of struggling. Last time in it was still there. Great for straight up and down, but worthless on contours.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had one of those mag haulers in my shed at camp for years and have never used it. 99% of the time I go old school. I’ve got way to much chit that I don’t use and don’t need.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,486
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.