Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I
I've got a houseboat reserved for the third week of July on Rainey. I'll be bringing my wife and son, and My brother from Chicago will be flying up his small family. It is a Northeraire houseboat (the owner has been great so far). Does anyone have any advice, methods, GPS coordinates, bait suggestions and the like? I'm going to anticipate pretty regular topwater smallmouth action, and I'd guess I can at least locate the Walleye hanging over deep reefs, but after over $1000.00 invested in this trip, I want to be releasing as many fish as my bones can handle I'm not much of an "eater" maybe one or two meals just for the experience with the kids. Your two cents is appreciated.

To young to be this curmudgeonly.......
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would suggest that you contact a Bait and Tackle store near the lake and ask them for advise. Every lake is different and has it's own personality. Throw in changing weather conditions, how much traffic is on the lake and so forth and it is darn near impossible to predict where the fish will be. If you get a chance to get there a day or two ahead, you might try asking some of the locals coming in off the lake. Sometimes you can get some good info from them. Good luck ripping lips.<BR>Keeb<P>------------------<BR>"There is nothing more terrifying than ignorance in action"<BR>Goethe

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I live a long way east of Rainey but I have a buddy who lives in Fort Frances--early reports are the fishing for pickeral (walleye to you Yankees) has been fantastic. It's a high water year and thats always good for fishing--take plenty of Jigs (yellow and chartuse) tip with minnow or worms catch both smallies and pickeral. Those houseboats are the way to go--you'll be just as comfortable as in any cabin and as private as you want to be. Have fun--wish I was going but I'm just killing the big lake trout here on Lake Nipigon--can't leave that!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

269 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 42 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,444
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.