Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#17606331 09/15/22
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I responded to one of Musk's tweets the other day that in order to support EV's it would take more nuclear plants. I just read one of his tweets today calling to start up nuclear plants and build more.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
Countries should be increasing nuclear power generation! It is insane from a national security standpoint & bad for the environment to shut them down.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Excellent suggestion, he needs to cut you some stocks for the tip!

I'm not keen on going electric, needing a charge station, etc, especially here in "roll the dice for who gets electricity today" land

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Neucular 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The world needs to learn to be happy accept reality and stop chasing rainbows

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I find it funny that 20 years ago, nuclear energy was baaaad. The green people were 1000% against it, but..... now that those same green people realize that there will never be enough solar and wind generated electricity to meet their needs, they have decided that nuclear energy is green.

All they are is a bunch of dumbasses!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I responded to one of Musk's tweets the other day that in order to support EV's it would take more nuclear plants. I just read one of his tweets today calling to start up nuclear plants and build more.
You should be on his payroll.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I find it funny that 20 years ago, nuclear energy was baaaad. The green people were 1000% against it, but..... now that those same green people realize that there will never be enough solar and wind generated electricity to meet their needs, they have decided that nuclear energy is green.

All they are is a bunch of dumbasses!
similar thing with shopping bags - 40-50 years ago paper bags were bad, using up too many trees, chemical polution, etc. Now plastic is bad, let's use a renewable resource.

Dale

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I do not care for the chump. Matter of fact he can kiss my ass

Last edited by kaywoodie; 09/15/22.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I agree 100% with Musk. We should get 100% of our base load from nuclear power. People wring their hands about nuclear power but ignore the environmental costs of all other forms of electricity production. A modern nuclear plant is to an old 50’s-60’s nuclear plant as a model T ford is to a brand new 2022 car. A modern nuclear power plant is extremely safe and clean. I lived just a few miles from a coal fired plant for a few years and the ash falling on my truck was heck on the paint. I wonder what else the ash was hurting ? I’m not a anthropomorphic climate change believer but pollution is a real problem and nuclear power is the cleanest and most reliable power source available. We mine the least , transport the least , have the highest reliability with nuclear power.
As for electric cars I think they’re an unworkable substitute for petroleum powered vehicles.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I agree 100% with Musk. We should get 100% of our base load from nuclear power. People wring their hands about nuclear power but ignore the environmental costs of all other forms of electricity production. A modern nuclear plant is to an old 50’s-60’s nuclear plant as a model T ford is to a brand new 2022 car. A modern nuclear power plant is extremely safe and clean. I lived just a few miles from a coal fired plant for a few years and the ash falling on my truck was heck on the paint. I wonder what else the ash was hurting ? I’m not a anthropomorphic climate change believer but pollution is a real problem and nuclear power is the cleanest and most reliable power source available. We mine the least , transport the least , have the highest reliability with nuclear power.
As for electric cars I think they’re an unworkable substitute for petroleum powered vehicles.

There still is no safe way to store used rods used in the reactors

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing wrong with coal or natural gas generation either.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

There still is no safe way to store used rods used in the reactors

We've been storing them safely for fifty or sixty years now. Zero impact on human health or the environment. The total volume encompassed by all the spent fuel ever generated is so inconsequential you have to wonder why people aren't embarrassed to complain about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Molten Salt Reactors would be the way to go. Smaller, less expensive and much safer.

Last edited by High_Noon; 09/15/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Exactly right RufusG. We could reduce the spent fuel waste even more if used reprocessed mix oxides. The proposed storage in the salt deposits was a good safe plan and should be implemented.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Molten Salt Reactors would be the way to go.
This might be an even better option but it’s not really viable at this point. We should be building plants now ! Fossil fuels should be used for transportation.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
You should be on his payroll.
lol, sure he already thought this out.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I responded to one of Musk's tweets the other day that in order to support EV's it would take more nuclear plants. I just read one of his tweets today calling to start up nuclear plants and build more
Respond to another one and state that "in order to support EV's, it would take daily carnal activity between my wife and me". Hey! It's worth a shot.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why not use all forms of energy all at the same time? Just what you need, whatever.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Neucular 😁
Ha.

As Bush and many others say, "nuklar".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1minute, 007FJ, 22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 62 invisible), 3,232 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,532
Posts18,452,941
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.